Interactive Lessons for Daz Studio

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited December 1969 in New Users

I downloaded some Daz Studio content bundles designed for interactive lessons…most for free! But where do I find the lessons themselves?

Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DS look on the right side of the status bar at the bottom.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

Found a couple there but not the "slaying the dragon" or others ilke it.

edited December 1969

They'll also be in Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > [your library] > DAZ Studio Tutorials

edited December 1969

I see folders in that Tutorials folder, but it just has .duf and .png files…which I gather are the contents for the tutorial, but not the tutorial itself.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you Browsing from a System window? We are talking about loading your content from inside DAZ Studio using its content tabs. All the work you do including loading content should be done in DAZ Studio and only using the DAZ Studio options.

edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio are you using? I think version 4.6.2.117 or higher is required..

edited December 1969

I'm using 4.6.1.39 for a Mac.

edited December 1969

dkutzera said:
    I'm using 4.6.1.39 for a Mac.

Ah, that's the issue, interactive tutorials were added later. You can still use the content and presets, but the tutorials themselves won't work in that version.

edited December 1969

Given that I've bought some models recently I'd have thought there'd be an auto-update reminder. I'll look into downloading the latest version.

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

Same problem here...
    and i have DS 4.6.2.117

Could there be something else wrong?

edited December 1969

I installed the latest version of Daz Studio and a couple of the tutorials appear, but not the dragon slaying or sic fi ones.

edited December 1969

Where should they appear in fact?
    I neiver used tutorials but thought since i got them for free i'd try them out.

edited May 2014

Just follow the bouncing arrow....
    I would Highlight the interactive bar but I turned it off in my interface.. If on it lives on the Bottom Right of your Viewport Screen...

Capture-001.png
    387 x 898 - 142K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Here we go Turned it back on....

Capture-001.png
    536 x 131 - 10K
    edited December 1969

The moment i get back behind pc, i'll check it out.
    Thx.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I can follow all of the interactive tutorials except one: The Sci Fi Warrior Interactive Tutorial. Here is why I cannot follow that one: When I activated that tutorial, an intro dialogue appears just as they do for all the rest of these types of tutorials, but this intro dialogue is a good bit longer than any of the others. This puts the Continue button below the bottom of the interface on my screen. There is no way to move the dialogue panel up so that the continue button is accessible. I have a 16:9 aspect ratio screen that is 16 " diagonally. This is the only tutorial of this type that I have been unable to access fully. Is there a way to fix this problem?

edited December 1969

I can follow all of the interactive tutorials except one: The Sci Fi Warrior Interactive Tutorial. Here is why I cannot follow that one: When I activated that tutorial, an intro dialogue appears just as they do for all the rest of these types of tutorials, but this intro dialogue is a good bit longer than any of the others. This puts the Continue button below the bottom of the interface on my screen. There is no way to move the dialogue panel up so that the continue button is accessible. I have a 16:9 aspect ratio screen that is 16 " diagonally. This is the only tutorial of this type that I have been unable to access fully. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Hmm, I'm 1600x900, DS is full-screen except for the taskbar, and I'm not getting this issue. Are you using standard font sizes?

edited December 1969

Hmm, I'm 1600x900, DS is full-screen except for the taskbar, and I'm not getting this issue. Are you using standard font sizes?
    Yes. I have not change font size at all. It is just this one tutorial. I even tried moving my computer,s taskbar from the default location to one side of the screen and the dialogue panel is still too tall.
    Could the Interface layout be the problem? I am using Hollywood BLVD. Would a different one possibly fix this?

edited December 1969

Yes. I have not change font size at all. It is just this one tutorial. I even tried moving my computer,s taskbar from the default location to one side of the screen and the dialogue panel is still too tall.
    Could the Interface layout be the problem? I am using Hollywood BLVD. Would a different one possibly fix this?

You might want to try the Darkside style.

edited December 1969

OK I'll look into that and see how it goes.

edited June 2014

OK I'll look into that and see how it goes.
    First I would like to apologize for taking so long to get back to this. I had life getting in the way, as it often will.

Now to the problem at hand:
    I looked into trying the Darkside style, and was unable to find it in my collection of layouts. Even so, if it were available for my use, I don't believe it would matter. I tried every layout, even the Beta Test one, and the Sci Fi Warrior lesson intro panel always appears in the exact same place on my screen. The actual continue button would still be off screen, even with the Windows taskbar hidden. This lesson has an intro panel that is too tall to fit into the space available for it, and on my screen that is a real problem! The panel cannot be edited to fit in any way that I can find!

I have decided to put in a help request at the Help Desk, because I am sure I'm not the only one having this problem. If I can get help finding a fix for this, I will most certainly share it with everybody.

I am attaching a screenshot showing the problem. I used PowerPoint to add the word boxes that explain what is wrong. By the way, this image is the exact size of my laptop screen.

Sci_Fi_Warrior_Lesson_Trouble.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 151K
    Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,672
    edited December 1969

Darkside is a style, not a layout - Window>Style>Select Style. It uses smaller text, so the box may also be smaller.

edited December 1969

Darkside is a style, not a layout - Window>Style>Select Style. It uses smaller text, so the box may also be smaller.

Ah! So I need to check that. Will do and see if it works!
    edited December 1969

Ah! So I need to check that. Will do and see if it works!
    OK I have the Darkside Style set now. I like it, but if does nothing to fix the problem I'm having. the panel remains the same size and only moves up by a few pixels, not even close to enough to allow the continue button to be accessed. Here is a screenshot of the Darkside Style with the interactive lesson intro panel that is the problem active!
    Darkside_Not_Helping.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 90K
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2014

Just a diffrent suggestion. Right klick on the Windows Bar. In the menu choose the settings/proberties option, there should be some possibilities to position the bar at the left or right of your screen. Maybe you can access the >Continue< button after positioning the Windows bar somewhere else?

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

MN-150374 said:
    Just a diffrent suggestion. Right klick on the Windows Bar. In the menu choose the settings/proberties option, there should be some possibilities to position the bar at the left or right of your screen. Maybe you can access the >Continue< button after positioning the Windows bar somewhere else?

I tried that already, both left and right side of my screen , and even at the top. The Windows Taskbar position does not change the position of the lesson intro panel at all, and the buttons I need access to remain off the bottom of my screen. I even tried narrowing my DAZ Studio interface window in the vertical direction and moving it up as far as it would go without going full screen again. That did not work.

These Lesson Intro Panels are all programmed to be where they are, and the size that they are. This became painfully obvious to me when I started trying all I could do to fix this problem. Any good results would be of value to others that are having this problem. Making the panels not editable concerning size, shape, and position can obviously limit the use of the product, as my problem is a good example of that.

The only way I can see, that will possibly allow me to follow this tutorial is to connect my laptop to a larger monitor, such as my 26" HD TV; however, that would not address this issue adequately for those that cannot do that, or have no access to other monitors.

Understand that I am not so much worried for myself as I am for others that are trying to learn about DAZ Studio. If the lesson cannot be completed for any reason out of the user's control, that lesson is in my opinion highly flawed or completely useless. I'm sure others that are having this problem will agree.

There is one more option, though I am loathe to do it: Contact the creator(s) of the lessons, and let them know about the problem, and then ask them to fix it. After all, they would know how these lessons are constructed, and could possibly work to iron out these flaws. My suggestion to them would be to make the dialogue panels able to be edited to fit into any screen. I am not saying they need to change any other aspect of those panels; only size, shape, and/or position.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I believe the early poster was suggesting you right-click on the Task Bar to bring up the Properties for it. When you do this you can un-check Lock Task Bar and check Auto Hide Task Bar and Apply, now you should be able to get to the continue button.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    I believe the early poster was suggesting you right-click on the Task Bar to bring up the Properties for it. When you do this you can un-check Lock Task Bar and check Auto Hide Task Bar and Apply, now you should be able to get to the continue button.

I understand what you are saying, and I must tell you that all of that has been tried already. The Taskbar has been moved, hidden, and if I could have made it any smaller than it is already, that too would have been tried. The taskbar is already at its minimum when it is not hidden. The problem is not the taskbar, rather it is the rigidity of the intro panel. I cannot even change the font size of the text in the panel. It doesn't matter what I do; on the laptop monitor I have, this Intro panel is too tall to allow access to the buttons at the bottom. My laptop monitor is just not big enough vertically for that.

When I have the time I will be trying on a larger external monitor; my 26" HD widescreen TV. I'm betting that the problem won't be repeated on that one, even with the taskbar there.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2014

The problem is with your screen resolution and/or size.

The box draws at a fixed height. That particular box's height is 415 pixels. This means that if you don't have at least 415 pixels from the top of your screen to the bottom it is going to get cut off.

Standard monitor resolution for most modern monitors is 1920x1080 so there is plenty of room. Older monitors may still have a problem. Especially if you have your task bar showing which takes up more precious real estate.

We are working on updates to those interactive lessons so that they run better in DAZ Studio 4.6.3+. We are also going to re-size the images so that they don't take up as much space.

From your screen shot it appears that if you hide your task bar there will be enough room for you to see the "Continue" and "Stop [esc]" buttons at the bottom of the window.

**Edit** I just saw in your screen shot you said that hiding the task bar doesn't work. Well depending on your monitor you could try to bump up the screen resolution to give you more height in your monitor.

Post edited by DZ_jared on
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    The problem is with your screen resolution and/or size.

The box draws at a fixed height. That particular box's height is 415 pixels. This means that if you don't have at least 415 pixels from the top of your screen to the bottom it is going to get cut off.

Standard monitor resolution for most modern monitors is 1920x1080 so there is plenty of room. Older monitors may still have a problem. Especially if you have your task bar showing which takes up more precious real estate.

We are working on updates to those interactive lessons so that they run better in DAZ Studio 4.6.3+. We are also going to re-size the images so that they don't take up as much space.

From your screen shot it appears that if you hide your task bar there will be enough room for you to see the "Continue" and "Stop [esc]" buttons at the bottom of the window.

**Edit** I just saw in your screen shot you said that hiding the task bar doesn't work. Well depending on your monitor you could try to bump up the screen resolution to give you more height in your monitor.

Thank you Jared, that actually worked, even though my Laptop is not as big as all that. My screen resolution is supposed to be the 720p version; which for small HD screens is supposed to be enough, but as you have already noted, this is not enough for my screen to handle this lesson. I did bump it up to the 1080p (at the protest of my Windows 7 OS) and then hid the taskbar. The continue and escape buttons became accessible.

My TV is an HD LCD flat screen, 16:9 aspect ratio, with a 26" diagonal measurement. It can handle the lesson at any resolution setting, but I keep it at the highest possible resolution that does not interfere with its performance. I do not connect my laptop to it very often because it has to be able to travel with me at times, and the connection process is work I normally don't want to take the trouble to do. Yeah, call me Lazy if you wish. LOL. At any rate the res setting solution worked, though I cannot leave it like that indefinitely.

I appreciate all the people here that contributed advice for this issue. That's the way to narrow things down to a solution! Kudos to you all!