DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.15, Now Available!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited June 2014 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Install Manager - version 1.1.0.15!

What is new in this version?

The 1.1.0.15 version is a maintenance release and fixes or makes improvements to several issues discovered since the 1.1.0.7 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.

Highlights are:
1) Fixed an issue that allowed the order of installation to be incorrect when receiving an auto-install command from the store; when a [new] user clicks 'get DAZ Studio', the requisite packages can be downloaded in any order, but the application should be installed before any dependent packages to ensure that the [required] application path is defined - in order to prevent the user from being presented with a missing application path alert
2) Improved visual feedback of item selection in treeviews/listviews; on Windows selection was less noticeable, on Mac it was not noticeable at all
3) Added visual feedback to hovered items in package treeviews when the Show Product Info Tips option is enabled to improve the visual frame of reference for the popup
4) Enabled rich text styling of product names; Public|Private Build indicators are now clearly noticeable
5) Implemented #IM-13/CS142075 : Added count/size for selected packages to the status bars below product treeviews
6) Added queue count/size to the download status bar; pending for install and installed
7) Updated various tool tips
8) Added an ability for install scripts to cause other packages to uninstall; to assist in the prevention of collisions between installs in competing release channels
9) Fixed an issue that allowed an install script to execute more than once
10) Fixed an issue with Install Manager Helper starting the PostgreSQL CMS before Install Manager had a chance to; related to PostgreSQL & elevated permissions
11) Fixed an issue with Install Manager Helper creating a [PostgreSQL] cluster or [re]starting the CMS before Install Manager had a chance to; related to PostgreSQL & elevated permissions
12) Fixed an issue that allowed Install Manager Helper to stop the CMS instead of Install Manager; related to PostgreSQL & elevated permissions
13) Fixed an issue that could allow the PostgreSQL CMS installation to not finish
14) Made changes to ensure that Install Manager Helper always closes before Install Manager; related to PostgreSQL & elevated permissions
15) Added support for custom PostgreSQL CMS connection strings; defined via “ConnectionURI” member in cmscfg.json; when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance; the string must use Connection URI syntax (see 31.1.1.2 Connection URIs); the PostgreSQL instance must be compatible with 9.3.x; the citext module must be installed on the target database or the user must have sufficient permission to install the “citext” module; the user must have sufficient privileges to create and delete schema/tables/functions/types/indexes etc in the connected database*

*Note: 15) A pending update to DAZ Studio (4.6.3.36+) is required to begin using this feature.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here for Windows users, or here for Mac users.

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

*Note: If you are on a computer running the Windows operating system, you have an nVidia based graphics card installed along with another non nVidia graphics card (e.g. an Ivy bridge CPU), you have a recent graphics driver installed and you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update... it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited May 2014

just got the update notification. And started the update from the DIM notification.

However my virusscanner reported a problem with the uninstall of the old version and stopped the update proces.

This is the first time i have this with a DIM update, ,maybe a false positief from F-secure.....at least i hope so.

EDIT:
    Just did a manually download and installation of the new version. that did not give any warnings and updated correct to the new version.

Viruswarning.jpg
    1144 x 606 - 162K
    Post edited by jerham on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Added support for custom PostgreSQL CMS connection strings; defined via “ConnectionURI” member in cmscfg.json; when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance; the string must use Connection URI syntax (see 31.1.1.2 Connection URIs); the PostgreSQL instance must be compatible with 9.3.x; the citext module must be installed on the target database or the user must have sufficient permission to install the “citext” module; the user must have sufficient privileges to create and delete schema/tables/functions/types/indexes etc in the connected database*

I...

Added support for custom PostgreSQL CMS connection strings; defined via “ConnectionURI” member in cmscfg.json; when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance

Whoa...

when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance

Huh!

connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance

SQUEEEE!

OMG, I'm totally going to try and set up an IP-restricted firewalled Postgres instance on a dedicated host that I run on the Internet and try this. Once, you know, the associated DAZ Studio version has been released.

I know that like...97.3% of users won't ever use that feature, but I'm definitely thrilled to try and have a single centralized CMS for the machines I run at home and work (whose files are already synchronized, but CMSes always had issues)! And one that I might be able to query myself...Muahahahahhaahahaha!

Thanks very much for that!

-- Morgan

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update. I just noticed it was updated this evening.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Got it installed. Faster than the last release. I love that!

OK so when can we expect the new version of DS then??

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I'm really liking the new visual items, like the cursor as you scroll down the list, and the more distinct color of an item that's selected.

I also noticed, not sure if it's mentioned above, but right above the Start Queue button it lists how many items are selected, and the total weight to be downloaded. It's these little things that are really making DIM such a nice utility. :coolsmile:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

I agree B. It's just better and better and makes all this downloading so much easier I have to say. Soon I'll have faster connection too. I'm switching providers. AT&T U-Verse is out and Sonic is in. They are very local, Menlo Park, where I work. They provide service to Redwood City where I live and have lots and lots of happy clients. I'll have about 3 times faster connectivity for less than AT&T offers. Can't beat that. Can't wait! :-) Weeks end hopefully!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Better and better? Well yes installs are fast and seamless. That I give. Making my day easy? Never. You try to category a full pro bundle all at one time.

I'm too stupid to install stuff one at a time for that. Besides I'dd never once get all my content installed at once if I did not dump install. I'm pretty sure that DIM is the only reason I have everything installed at once. I do not ever remember being fully up to date before DIM.
    I just need a faster way to do categories now...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Jaderail said:
    Didn't they add 'drag and drop categorization' just for that?

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Jaderail said:
    Didn't they add 'drag and drop categorization' just for that?

-- Morgan
    Yep but I do same item to many places. That my big issue.

edited December 1969

Greetings,

Jaderail said:
    Yep but I do same item to many places. That my big issue.
    At the risk of derailing, are they commonly the same areas? In other words is it something you could automate and bind to a keystroke. ("Ya gotta understand, Control-Alt-Meta-Cokebottle puts the selected item in the Content Library into the G2F Skin, People, Non-SSS, and 'Made by an artist whose name starts with S' categories!")

Just curious about the power of automation to ease the categorization, since less categorization time means more render or scene-building time. :)

-- Morgan

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ...but I do same item to many places. That my big issue.

Sounds like a case of Poser Traumatised Sorting Disorder, that's when you hear a car backfire and have to categorise it under sound, car, noise, vehicle, loud...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited May 2014

Nice extra features and pgSQL sound slike the next full DS release is inching closer! :)

But, it is currently telling me I hav 24 items queued (correct, I think) for a total of ... *cue drum roll ..*: -31538 bytes ;)

And now, having finsihed one downlaod it has recalculated ... and I have also selected each item in the ques and have:
    Queued: 23 (-153018388 bytes) Selected: 23 (929,2MB)

Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited December 1969

prixat said:
    Jaderail said:
    ...but I do same item to many places. That my big issue.

Sounds like a case of Poser Traumatised Sorting Disorder, that's when you hear a car backfire and have to categorise it under sound, car, noise, vehicle, loud...Umm... and in modern Car and in Road only Cars and in... yes I'm nuts. But I blame DS3 for that it was so easy (to me) in DS3. But then in DS3 it was install exe sort install exe sort not BOMB content from DIM sort forever...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited May 2014

...another DIM update, and just like the last two times after it ran then closed, when I opened it again, the desktop shortcut was deleted.

This time though it looked like all the DIM the folders in the C:/Programme Files (X86) folder were deleted without the new version being installed.

The only log files I could find in app data/Roaming/Daz3D/InstallManager were from the previous installation (1.1.0.7).

Something is seriously broken here and it is beginning to get really ridiculous.

Does anyone know what would keep causing this to occur?.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...another DIM update, and just like the last two times after it ran then closed, when I opened it again, the desktop shortcut was deleted.

This time though it looked like all the DIM the folders in the C:/Programme Files (X86) folder were deleted without the new version being installed.

The only log files I could find in app data/Roaming/Daz3D/InstallManager were from the previous installation (1.1.0.7).

Something is seriously broken here and it is beginning to get really ridiculous.

Does anyone know what would keep causing this to occur?.

The only time I've seen this was with an NVIDIA/Intel dual graphic card, but they fixed that about 6 months ago.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited May 2014

...don't have that setup, just the standard Intel graphics and an nVidia fermi GPU. I've been getting updates and patches from both Intel and nVidia and installing them to avoid any conflicts so most likely have whatever that fix is. As I mentioned I never used to have this issue until the update back in March (1.0.1.115). Since then I have been forced to manually DL and install each time which has probably only made the situation worse with the auto update routine.

Last time it just removed some of the DIM components, this time everything (save for in the ApplicationData/Roaming folder) was wiped out.

The only other manual installer for the DIM I have is from February of 2013 which is when I first installed it on the new system. So this says somewhere between then and March of this year, something with the auto update broke as there have been a number of updates in that time which ran perfectly fine.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

What date is the file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvinit.dll?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

i updated DIM a few days back when it first said there was an update and have used it quite often since then...but tonight, there are three new entries in the "Products" section...

PostgreSQL x 3

what on earth are these and will I need them?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

PostGre is the after CMSValentina thingie ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya :D

I still don't understand what it does and how it is different tho....technical language and me don't go together well.

edited December 1969

It's a different database server which is much more reliable and faster than the Valentina CMS.

edited May 2014

The important things about the new CMS:

It doesn't have to be in memory all the time any more. It starts when Studio starts! :-)

It's faster,

It's less liable to corruption.

It worth switching over (but your not forced to ...yet)

Post edited by prixat on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

I have to say that i like my files to download in archived files and keep them for later when i just unpack them and use. I would like DIM to be optional, as i still want my files to download and unpack when i need them (this means that i don't use DIM except in rare cases when i don't know how to install my content), so i can be sure where things are after i have unpacked them. I am hoping that downloading in archived files will be available in the future though if there is some better solution i hope i will be able to make it work for me too :)

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

DAZ BHowell... I have a question please. Can the CMS database be imported into a SQL Server using some ETL (Extraction, Transform and Load) Tool?

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    I have to say that i like my files to download in archived files and keep them for later when i just unpack them and use.

The DIM does this already.
    The 'unpacking and install' is optional and separate from the downloading.

Unless you have the DIM set to 'delete downloads' you'll find all the zips in the download folder ( you can specify your download folder)

edited December 1969

I am trying to download something that keeps crashing DIM, but I am not sure which one it is. Trying to figure that out now

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Is it crashing and shutting down or is the file just not installing?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Is it crashing and shutting down or is the file just not installing?

It is crashing and shutting down. There was an error but I did not save it. I turned off the computer for a while and restarted it. I am trying to recreate the error now.

• leroysquableroysquab Posts: 101
    edited May 2014

I have recently (and currently) had a problem with DAZ Install Manager not activating when clicking the "download & install" button on any item in my product library. I am using Chrome under WIndows 8 (ver. 6.3). I have downloaded the latest version of DIM but the problem remains. Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it?

Post edited by leroysquab on
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem on a Mac using OS X 10.9 -- when I click "Download and Install" on all the items on the Studio upgrade page, none of them get noticed by the Install Manager. I ended up having to install them manually.

MrWizard1024

I have recently (and currently) had a problem with DAZ Install Manager not activating when clicking the "download & install" button on any item in my product library. I am using Chrome under WIndows 8 (ver. 6.3). I have downloaded the latest version of DIM but the problem remains. Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it?