Can Gen-X roll back to Gen-4?

TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've been trying to transfer morphs with Gen X but it's a real dog and I just can't get it to work.
I can't figure the PDF manual out either.
I'm following what I think is the exact instructions but keep getting "No morphs with non-zero value selected for transfer", yet I've dragged V4 over, and the morph I want over, which loads for a sec, but nothing happens.
Manually ticking all boxes doesn't do anything, blah, blah.
I've had this trouble before and had some help on the old forums but can't even find the old forums now. Yet even when I got a result with that help it still wasn't an accurate transfer.

I use to get great results with the previous version, Gen 4 which I originally paid for, so I'd like to be able to roll back to that if I could?
Is it possible?

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Old forums are at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com by the way. Search may be a bit broken, though, so if you have a bookmark to the thread, you can use it, and then modify the "forum" part in URL to "forumarchive".

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2012

Unless I'm miss understanding your question, Gen 4 is a stand alone application, so there is nothing to "roll back".. You just launch it like you always did.

You can just leave GenX plugin installed in DS4 and turn it off in Windows>Tab menu so the tab doesn't display.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited July 2012

@ Skiriki Cool, thanks.
    It won't let me log in though, which is going to make searching for the thread a pain. :shut:

I'l have a look and see if the old one's there.

Post edited by Timmoth on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,833
    edited December 1969

Gen X is a plugin while Gen 4 was a stand alone, so you don't need to roll back, just go to your rendo account (assuming that's where you bought Gen 4) and download it from there.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys, I guess I was confused by the way I bought Gen-X, as an 'upgrade' from Gen-4.