DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited November 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.3.52!

Another build, so soon?

Yes. We want to provide access to builds that fix issues you may have encountered in the General Release, earlier and more frequently.

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 4.6.3.52 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 4.6.2.120 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.

Highlights are:

General Release (4.6.3.52) highlights are:
1) Fixed handling of nested menu disabling for Interactive Lessons; fixes interactive lesson chaining
2) Updated Home page and associated scripts; QuickStart Guide now displays an intermediate dialog that provides information and options for the text and/or video version of the guide, as well as an interactive lesson
3) Fixed an issue in the finalize script of the install Manager package not handling auto-serialization correctly; 4.6.3.50 hotfix

Public BETA 2 (4.6.3.49) highlights are:
1) Fixed PostgreSQL CMS package permission issues on Mac; also required a fix to Install Manager to prevent launching PostgreSQL server with [elevated] permissions (see thread)
2) Fixed PostgreSQL CMS package 'not found in zip' error on Mac
3) Added support for custom PostgreSQL CMS connection strings; defined via “ConnectionURI” member in cmscfg.json; when defined (and valid), the string is used to make a connection to an arbitrary PostgreSQL instance; the string must use Connection URI syntax (see 31.1.1.2 Connection URIs); the PostgreSQL instance must be compatible with 9.3.x; the citext module must be installed on the target database or the user must have sufficient permission to install the “citext” module; the user must have sufficient privileges to create and delete schema/tables/functions/types/indexes etc in the connected database
4) Added a Import Metadata from Valentina script to the Built-In content
5) Updated FBX library to 2014
6) Fixed #DS-29 : Fixed an issue with Photoshop 3D Bridge scene preview/updating
7) Fixed #DS-445/CS166167: Fixed DForm preset save to write in the correct order
8) Fixed #DS-417/CS164508: Fixed a crash when unpinning an IK node with no chain
9) Fixed #DS-394: Renaming facet groups doesn't update in Joint Editor
10) Fixed #DS-390: Shader Mixer Normal Map brick throwing errors
11) Fixed #DS-446: Interpolation on subdivision UVs
12) Tweaks to the Barefoot Dancer Interactive Lesson
13) Fixed an issue where an Interactive Lesson would not always advance when view frame was clicked on Mac
14) Fixed support of 'display' instructions, within a 'dialog' instruction, in an Interactive Lesson
15) Fixed support of instructions defined as 'optional', within a 'dialog' instruction, in an Interactive Lesson
16) Improved Interactive Lesson handling of a DzStyledButton that has a menu and is used like a combobox
17) An Interactive Lesson can now target a specific value for DzStyledButton with a menu; causes all other options in the menu to be disabled
18) Fixed an issue with Dynamic Cloth install scripts not properly handling files on Mac
19) Fixed interdependency issues with Dynamic Cloth install scripts
20) Fixed undo of Character Preset materials
21) Fixed an issue with duplicate when a parented figure is following the same skeleton
22) Changed the default rotation order for newly created DForms, primitives, and imported geometry; provides a more intuitive property experience
23) Fixed #DS-475 : Fixed an issue with node names saved in user-facing files not being respected
24) Fixed #DS-462/CS167212 : Fixed a crash when a geometry shell targets a geometry shell
25) Fixed #DS-483/CS168212 : Fixed an issue where bones weighting a single vertex were not accumulating correctly
26) Fixed an issue with losing HD detail on seam edges when a Geo-Grafted figure is fit to a target figure
27) Fixed the 'Delete Hidden Facets' action to preserve HD detail on remaining edges
28) Fixed respecting of hidden facets when projecting
29) Added a 'Merge Into Selected' option to the Node Weight Brush tool, Weight Maps view context menu; in the Tool Settings pane when the Node Weight Brush tool is active
30) Improved the re-labeling logic in Joint Editor when changing rotation order
31) Fixed an issue with custom modifiers writing source information incorrectly
32) Fixed rigidity related action placement in the Geometry Editor context menu; facet vs vertex
33) Updated default layout files; menus, current action list
34) Fixed action label 'New Push Modifier Weight Node...'
35) Updated default styles to include icons for a Push Modifier Weight Node in a scene view, and the New Push Modifier Weight Node... action
36) Updated Create menus; Main Menu Bar > Create; Scene pane > Option Menu > Create
37) Added a 'Remove From Categories (Unassigned)' option to the Categorize dialog; removes reference to all currently assigned categories and assigns to the Unassigned category
38) Added a Show In > Products option to the Content Library file view context menu
39) Added a Convert Figure to Prop action; Main Menu Bar > Edit > Figure > Rigging; Scene pane > Option Menu > Edit > Rigging; Joint Editor tool > Context Menu > Edit
40) Added a Bake To Transforms action; Main Menu Bar > Edit > Figure, Parameters > Option Menu, Posing > Option Menu; expands upon and replaces the functionality provided by the Morphforms To Transforms script
41) Added support for dropping images on mappable properties to set their map
42) Implemented #DS-477 : Added Shadow Color and Shadow Intensity properties to default light types
43) Added pre-install script handling of cross-sku package conflicts for Photoshop 3D Bridge, GoZ and DSON Importer for Poser; only one channel package should be installed via Install Manager at any given time
44) Fixed an issue where the Install Manager package finalize script could sometimes cause a QtXml.dll not found error
45) Updated Qt framework to 4.8.6
46) Added operating system enumerations for Windows 8.1 and Mac 10.9 (Mavericks) to DzApp

Public BETA 1 (4.6.3.29) highlights are:
1) Added support for using PostgreSQL as CMS; set port and cluster path in Edit > Preferences…; fall back to Valentina if PostgreSQL is not installed [via Install Manager]
2) Added Start/Stop CMS actions to Content Library option menu; PostgreSQL only
3) Added “Start CMS” button to Smart Content views when the CMS is not running; PostgreSQL only
4) Added indeterminate progress for long database maintenance actions
5) Categories and Products top-level containers are now omitted if no active database exists
6) Added drag/drop support from the Content Library pane to the Smart Content pane and to Preset pages of the Posing, Shaping, Surfaces, Lights and Cameras panes
7) Updated Qt framework to 4.8.5
8) Updated 3Delight to 11.0.47
9) Extended Interactive Lesson support; docked view controls, view option menu items, dialogs, etc
10) Added a coarse progress indicator to Interactive Lessons
11) Added the ability to duplicate an object; single object or object and its children
12) Added support for merging a figure that is fit to another figure, into that figure
13) Added filtering to the Scene pane
14) Added weight map support to the push modifier; via push modifier weight node
15) Added vertex and edge selection; via Geometry Editor tool - replaces Polygon Group Editor tool
16) Added/extended various actions to work with expanded geometry selection capabilities
17) Added support for Selection Sets; via Geometry Editor tool
18) Significantly improved the speed of polygon selection; now uses a "brush" to "paint" selection instead of singular picking
19) Reduced memory consumption of TriAx weight mapping
20) Improved speed of applying TriAx weight mapping
21) Added support for preserving ngons
22) Refactored the About Installed Plugins listview; non-registrable plugins are listed at the top-level; registrable plugins are listed according to the serial prefix(es) that can be used to register a given plugin; if a plugin can be registered by itself, it exists as a top level item; if a plugin can be registered as part of a bundle, it exists as a sub-item to the bundle, which exists as the top level item; only top level items now provide a serial entry field and have a shop button
23) Added a viewport thirds guide; viewport option menu
24) Rendering OpenGL Preview now uses the active DrawStyle instead of forcing Texture Shaded; allows for Wireframe renders
25) Layered Image Presets that only define one layer will now add the layer to an existing image
26) Fixed an issue with images running tdlmake unnecessarily
27) Fixed issues with layered images refreshing [from disk]
28) Re-enabled support for the Application Improvement Program

Has the Content Management Service (CMS) been improved?
Yes, it has. The existing Valentina based service is still included and supported, however a new PostgreSQL based service is proving itself to be much more stable and much less prone to the data corruption issues that many have experienced in the past. The new PostgreSQL based service has also proven to be somewhat faster.

With this new solution, there is no longer a need to start a service that runs in the background. Normally, the PostgreSQL server starts when the application starts and stops when the application stops; unless another application, like Install Manager, is connected to it - in which case it will stop when the last application connected to it closes. Explicit control to start the service is provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu] and a button [in the Smart Content pane] without ever needing to leave the application. Explicit control to stop the service is also provided via an action [in the Content Library pane option menu].

To help get you up and running with the new PostgreSQL service, we've added a separate package in Install Manager that will automatically migrate any existing data from your Valentina database; you simply install it after the PostgreSQL server is installed. The amount of time required to migrate the data will vary depending on the amount of data you have and your system specs.

*Note: While the PostgreSQL server is installed, Install Manager will not install any data to the Valentina database. The PostgreSQL CMS data conversion package is not available as a standalone installer. It must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager.

What is the Application Improvement Program about?
It's about improving the DAZ Studio user experience. Support tickets and bug reports provide important clues as to the needs of you the customer, but they are only hints. This improvement program will allow us to to "see" how the features of DAZ Studio are actually performing and where users are getting hung up.

If you choose to participate in the program, the statistics we will collect are anonymous and contain no personally identifiable information. We respect your right to privacy. That said, if you choose not to participate, we respect that too.

We encourage you to participate. In doing so, your use of the application will have a greater influence on where we focus our efforts.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (Male/Female), or the Default Lights and Shaders packages been updated too?

No, the "Genesis Starter Essentials", "Genesis 2 Starter Essentials" and "Default Lights and Shaders" packages provided with the product have NOT been updated beyond what is currently available.

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio 4.6" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install DAZ Studio Pro from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green "download & install" button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue "download" button to download the standalone installer.

If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

Yes! You can have both the General Release and a Public Build (as well as a Private Build, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.

What about the plugins I have?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible with the current release, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5 (i.e. 4.5.0.100+) should continue to load and function in this version. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.

Some plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package that is specifically intended for use with this General Release; these packages will not contain "Public Build" in the package name, as that moniker is used for pre-release builds. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the pre-release builds. These packages will display as "Product Updates" within Install Manager once they have been updated.

Is there any documentation?

Yes. Check out the User Guide and QuickStart Guide that we've posted in the DAZ Studio 4.x Documentation section.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just Done. Did it fully by DIM. Zero issues seen or found, at this time. Looks good. I also really like the NEW Splash screen for the DAZ 3D site folks. Well done.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just Done. Did it fully by DIM. Zero issues seen or found, at this time. Looks good. I also really like the NEW Splash screen for the DAZ 3D site folks. Well done.

Ditto on the Splash screen, really professional looking now.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited May 2014

Just installed this too.

The new PostgreSQL CMS is extremely fast compared to before. I can browse my masive Poser library of content very rapidly now. I did not use the DIM however. installers for the program and plugins, PostgreSQL was installed manually. And before anyone asks, I dont use Smart Content. I just use the classic library browsing.

and I have to agree, the new splash page is cool too.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 79
    edited May 2014

I'm having huge problems with this release. DIM crashes at 99% when installing the PostgreSQL CMS. I tried uninstalling the DIM and redownloading/installing, but it didn't help. DIM version is 1.1.0.15.
    After restarting the computer, then DIM, PostgreSQL seems installed, but when opening DAZ, it just pauses at "Connecting to CMS".

Trying to start the CMS manually gives me:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\system32\net.exe start DAZContentManagementService

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by DrHemulen on
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Did the PostreSQL installation change from the latest public build or may I just ignore that installation in DIM now?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Did the PostreSQL installation change from the latest public build or may I just ignore that installation in DIM now?

If you installed it with the public beta you don't need to install it again, it's the same.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

If you installed it with the public beta you don't need to install it again, it's the same.

Thank you :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DrHemulen said:
    I'm having huge problems with this release. DIM crashes at 99% when installing the PostgreSQL CMS. I tried uninstalling the DIM and redownloading/installing, but it didn't help. DIM version is 1.1.0.15.
    After restarting the computer, then DIM, PostgreSQL seems installed, but when opening DAZ, it just pauses at "Connecting to CMS".

Trying to start the CMS manually gives me:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\system32\net.exe start DAZContentManagementService

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

Any ideas?
    If you never had the PosterSQL installed before turn the CMS off before you install. I did and had no errors. It is all I can think I did by hand before I installed it the first time, Beta. This time I just skipped it.
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx:

How did you manually install the PostgreSQL CMS?

It states in the descriptions above that it is only a DIM installer, and I only have it available as a DIM option in my Product Library.

So, DAZ, does this mean I can not install, and use this Public Release version that I have been waiting for, because I don't use the DIM system?

Will this new version run without this new PostgreSQL CMS?

Why are you not offering a stand alone installer for the new CMS?

I would very much like to install, and use this new version.

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Mattymanx:

It states in the descriptions above that it is only a DIM installer, and I only have it available as a DIM option in my Product Library.

So, DAZ, does this mean I can not install, and use this Public Release version that I have been waiting for, because I don't use the DIM system?

If you don't install the PostgreSQL CMS it will continue to use the Valentina CMS.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Is there a recommended order to install the items? DS, PostgreSQL, then Conversion, for example?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Mattymanx:

I downloaded it via the DIM but the computer I have DS installed on is not connected to the net.

To install manually, I unpacked it and then ran the bat file found in the one folder. After that I manually moved the folders to their location based on how they were packed. I dont have DS installed to Program Files but even still, the folder structure is the same.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Is there a recommended order to install the items? DS, PostgreSQL, then Conversion, for example?

I believe DIM will ensure that things get installed in the right order, i.e. DS before plugins, PostgreSQL before the conversion..

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2014

barbult said:

I believe DIM will ensure that things get installed in the right order, i.e. DS before plugins, PostgreSQL before the conversion..This presumes you do not have install after download checked. For DS, plug-ins and PostgreSQL it is best to uncheck that option and download them completely before installing.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I am doing this now, not having had the previous Postgres-aware beta installed. I've a couple of computers to do so, both different, I will report back on what I did and how it all went ...

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

I'm paranoid, so take this with a grain of salt -

Fire up the current version of Studio and export your user data.
    Shut Studio down
    Install the new Postgres CMS
    Install the new Studio
    Optional - change the location of the Postgres database -
    Shut down DIM
    Start Studio
    Content Library -> preferences -> stop CMS (technically not required - but see 'paranoid' above)
    Edit -> preferences -> Right-most tab (CMS Settings)
    Make note of current cluster location for cleanup
    Enter preferred path to CMS Cluster in Cluster Directory
    Click 'accept'
    Content Library -> preferences -> start CMS
    Shut down Studio
    Start DIM
    Install the Postgres CMS conversion utility - note that the 'install' is actually doing the conversion, so expect it to take a while

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

Install the Postgres CMS conversion utility - note that the 'install' is actually doing the conversion, so expect it to take a while

A key point on this. If it takes less than a couple of seconds, especially if you have a decent amount of content. it didn't run correctly for one reason or another.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    To install manually, I unpacked it and then ran the bat file found in the one folder. After that I manually moved the folders to their location based on how they were packed.

If that is all you did... PostgreSQL may be "installed", but you are still connecting to Valentina. The bat file only runs an installer for Microsoft runtime components. It does not make the necessary changes that allow DAZ Studio (or Install Manager) to actually communicate with PostgreSQL.

-Rob

edited May 2014

Thank you fixmypcmike, and Mattymanx.

Mattymanx, I have same set-up as you (offline PC), but this online laptop is just Puppy Linux for online use. So, theoretically, if I pull an old XP PC that has a wireless card out of the closet, and install DIM on it (no DS installed, or anything else), I can download the PostgreSQL CMS, and transfer it to my offline Windows7 box for use as you did?

I don't use Smart Content either, so this will just be a fresh install. I just want the faster library access to my Poser libraries. Thanks for the help on how to get it done. I will give it a shot, and come back with questions if I have any issues.

*EDIT: After posting, I saw Rob's post above...

So, Rob, if I try this without having any CMS installed, nothing will work?

Also, another thing, Does it matter if I install to a 32bit XP, but transfer to a 64bit W7? Can I get DIM to give me the necessary 64bit files for the W7 box?

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

A key point on this. If it takes less than a couple of seconds, especially if you have a decent amount of content. it didn't run correctly for one reason or another.

What he says - when I ran the beta it took about 26 minutes to convert my 4500+ item Valentina database. A couple of related timings: resetting Valentina and re-importing metadata on that system took just over 3 hours; resetting Postgres and re-importing metadata took just under 30 minutes - the conversion is faster, but not by a lot. OTOH, I didn't have a lot of customization done - I've been waiting for a more stable database to get started on that.

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Thank you fixmypcmike, and Mattymanx.

Mattymanx, I have same set-up as you (offline PC), but this online laptop is just Puppy Linux for online use. So, theoretically, if I pull an old XP PC that has a wireless card out of the closet, and install DIM on it (no DS installed, or anything else), I can download the PostgreSQL CMS, and transfer it to my offline Windows7 box for use as you did?

I don't use Smart Content either, so this will just be a fresh install. I just want the faster library access to my Poser libraries. Thanks for the help on how to get it done. I will give it a shot, and come back with questions if I have any issues.

*EDIT: After posting, I saw Rob's post above...

So, Rob, if I try this without having any CMS installed, nothing will work?

Also, another thing, Does it matter if I install to a 32bit XP, but transfer to a 64bit W7? Can I get DIM to give me the necessary 64bit files for the W7 box?

I routinely download to an old XP 32-bit laptop with DIM at a wifi hotspot and then copy the downloads over to my Win-7 64-bit system at home. And then I use DIM on the Win-7 system to do the actual installs.

The main requirement is to configure DIM properly for wnat you want to see - OS, Software, Platform -- for a first-time user, download and start DIM, click on the 'work offline' box and the gear icon top right. Then walk through the various tabs to see what your options are.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

I installed the new CMS via DIM. Now my old categories and the Smart content are gone. I tried the manual convert of old database, and get an error, saying it can't convert the data base. The log file says:
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblBasePath->insert'
    db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblBasePath->insert'

What now? :down:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

i kind of this delima I never use the download manager because i have my files set up for 3 different 3d programs and use external drives for my programs with one central 4 TB for all my runtime and contents.
    I also use another drive all all my Creative suite programs and another for my 3ds. this keeps my C:/ SSD drive running optimal. Rendering daz animations on my SSD drives Burns my SSD drive up to fast so I changed my drives styem to aviod this issue .when rendering animation. I was told because of the the constant righting of files and the high processor load running through the SSD drive during the rendering Process.
    so anyway whether I was told right or wrong. i changed my files system to match the same as my autodesk drive.& I have not burned out any more SSD drives since..
    to make a long story short.
    The download manager want to install Daz to my C:/ drive where as I have a standalone drive F:/ for Daz & Poser program and all content. In G:/ Daz/Content

my question is there another way to install this update to be able to take advantage of the new PostgreSQL update. with out using Download manager?

• DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    i kind of this delima I never use the download manager because i have my files set up for 3 different 3d programs and use external drives for my programs with one central 4 TB for all my runtime and contents.
    I also use another drive all all my Creative suite programs and another for my 3ds. this keeps my C:/ SSD drive running optimal. Rendering daz animations on my SSD drives Burns my SSD drive up to fast so I changed my drives styem to aviod this issue .when rendering animation. I was told because of the the constant righting of files and the high processor load running through the SSD drive during the rendering Process.
    so anyway whether I was told right or wrong. i changed my files system to match the same as my autodesk drive.& I have not burned out any more SSD drives since..
    The download manager want to install Daz to my C:/ drive where as I have a standalone drive F:/ for Daz & Poser program and all content. In G:/ Daz/Content

my question is there another way to install this update to be able to take advantage of the new PostgreSQL update. with out using Download manager?

DIM does not force you to install DAZ Studio or the PostgreSQL CMS to your C drive. You can tell DIM to install these applications on any drive you wish.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

DIM does not force you to install DAZ Studio or the PostgreSQL CMS to your C drive. You can tell DIM to install these applications on any drive you wish.

Okay I saw where you can choose the file location . My bad, I told you i was blond right..lol
    when i tired it first time it had C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 as the default download folder which does not exist on my c drive.
    anyway i was able to do the install to my F/ drive thanks for the info and the Thanks daz for the program Up date,. all is well in Ivy Land

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Ok, as promised, my experience thus far:

DAZ Studio always shutdown during all processes

"Content netbook" : Win XP, 32-bit
    Start position
    DIM version 1.1.0.15
    DIM-installed DS4.6 4.6.2.120 32-bit

Install PostgreSQL CMS via DIM
    No errors, both Valentina and PostgreSQL dbs up and running
    Install PostgreSQL from Valentina Converter via DIM
    No errors
    Install DS 4.6.3.50 via DIM
    No errors
    Stop/Start DIM
    Unisolate PostgreSQL in AV
    Start DS
    Unisolate DazStudio in AV
    DS launches PosgtreSQL alert from AV

"Working computer" : Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
    Start position
    DIM version 1.1.0.15
    Manually installed DS4.6 4.6.2.118 64-bit

Install PosgtreSQL CMS via DIM
    No errors
    Install PosgtreSQL from Valentina Converter via DIM
    No errors
    Stop/Start DIM
    Install DS 4.6.3.50 manually
    No errors
    Start DS
    >Migrate old database content
    No errore
    Stop DIM
    Stop Service DAZ Content Management Service
    Ran Remove-DAZContentManagementService manually
    Smart content listed but not found
    >Process and Import metadata
    Smart content listed (now with (2) in name) and content still not found
    >Reset database and Import metadata
    Smart content now working

As a passing point at no time was I prompted as to where I wanted the CMS to reside. I know that in DIM I can specify where 32- and 64-bit applications are installed to, but ... I am not going to go back and forth adjusting thst depending on what I am about to install.

edited December 1969

The Postgres CMS code base will go into your DIM-defined 32 bit or 64 bit directory under DAZ 3D/PostgreSQL CMS; see my post above on relocating the database proper.

edited December 1969

OK...

Looks like I will need to install DIM on both systems, perform the download on the online 32bit XP, transfer the downloaded files, and then perform the install through DIM on the offline 64bit Win-7 system. Will give it a shot...

Thank you namffuak for the answer, and SimonJM for the example.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2014

will this new cms be compatible with genesis in carrara8.5?

am i reading this correctly, there is no manual d/l and install? in which case, n/m the 1st question

i didn't see a d/l option for ogreCms. :bug: will the new DS build work with my current CMS?

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

will this new cms be compatible with genesis in carrara8.5?

am i reading this correctly, there is no manual d/l and install? in which case, n/m the 1st question

i didn't see a d/l option for ogreCms. :bug: will the new DS build work with my current CMS?

Yes, if you don't install the PostgreSQL CMS CD will continue to use the Valentina CMS.