The state of the forums

2»

Comments

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alan Davis hosts Horizon? Is this a spoof?

Now now - lol
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Are you suggesting the nature of string is not a serious scientific subject? :)

In cosmology, the existence of Strings is now doubted.

Well what do they know? All they're interested in is trivial stuff like the origins of the universe. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,107
    edited December 1969

Well what do they know? All they're interested in is trivial stuff like the origins of the universe. :)

Well, that's scientists for you.
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Well, that's scientists for you.

Well we have avatars again and we no longer need to hit return twice to make one blank line appear between paragraphs, so I would say it's a distinct possibility they're finally working on the forum.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Seems the forum is organizing threads based on most recent post as well. Finally things are getting back to normal. I'm surprised there has been no official announcement about these improvements. Excited I am!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Well we were running a book in the Mod room, to see how long it took for anyone to actually notice the forum ordering.

FYI it took half an hour for anyone to notice, and even then it was a CV and not a "normal" forum member.

It took a while longer befroe threads started appearing as people noticed.

Avatars were spotted a bit more quickly, I guess it was a bit of a giveaway when some of us put ours back before the web guys had finished feeding in all the avatar images that were on file.

You have to let us have a bit of fun sometimes. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I should have said something and claimed first place because I noticed almost immediately after I made a post in the Music Video Thread. I went back to the third page of the Art Zone index where the thread used to be, but couldn't find it anymore.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

That's great news...