michael 4 morphs ++ not working in poser 9

greatnpowerfullgreatnpowerfull Posts: 0
edited May 2014 in New Users

michael 4 morphs ++ not working in poser 9,on windows 7.they seem to load but nothing happends,dials appear that I can move
but nothing happends.i tried installing them with the auto install from daz an manually same thing.m4 base is in the content folder as is the
m4 base morhps but the m4 ++ morphs are in the my daz 3d folder

basic morph dails work but when I try an use the body or faces morphs nothing happends

Post edited by greatnpowerfull on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The M4 base and morphs++ need to be installed to the same content folder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Where is your library folder? If you are using Windows 7 it must not be in the application folder.

• greatnpowerfullgreatnpowerfull Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

whats library folder?i have the poser 9 folder on my desktop

edited December 1969

ive tried installing them in to the content folder where m4 an v4 are but they keep showing up under my daz3d along with the genitals.

edited December 1969

Did you uninstall them from the other location? Having them in more than one location will cause this kind of problem.

edited December 1969

where should they be and how do I uninstall?

edited December 1969

How did you install them?

They can be in any content folder outside of Program Files/Program Files (x86), but all M4 morphs need to be in the same content folder.

edited December 1969

I tried installing manually and with daz installer.i cant seem to get them in to the content folder where the base morphs are.i tried an it installs but they only show up in the my daz 3d folder

edited December 1969

What is the exact path you are installing them to?

edited December 1969

im new to all this don't really know what you mean.i never have problems when downloading and installing from other sites only here.i had problems when I installed the base too.

in poser 9 under show library the m4 base is in content as well as m4 bases morphs are in poses in content
    now the morphs plus shows up in show library my daz 3d under poses and the genitail is in my daz 3 d figures.i cant seem to get it all in one place

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Well, the different types of content (figures and poses here, but also props and lights and cameras etc.) all go in different libraries in Poser - and Michael 4 is in Poser format. If you are seeing the files in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats>Folder you installed to then that does suggest you installed correctly; if they are showing up under DAZ Studio Formats then not.

edited December 1969

I just installed a figure that requires the m4 plus morphs an he works fine,also on m4 base I can morph individual body parts but its the preset ones that wont work

edited December 1969

what do I do?where do I put what where?if I need to uninstall an reinstall something how?as I said m4 plus morhs is in poser but under my daz 3d folder not the content folder as is m4 base

edited December 1969

What are the full paths to your runtimes?

edited December 1969

as I said im new I don't know what you mean,explain?

edited December 1969

For example, C:\users\[username]\documents\smith micro\poser 9\ if the runtime folder is in the poser 9 folder.

edited December 1969

there is no poser 9 smith micro in my documents poser 9 is on my desktop

edited December 1969

there is no poser 9 smith micro in my documents poser 9 is on my desktop

So the Runtime folder is in C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Poser 9? (If you open the folder in Windows Explorer and select the path from the location bar you can paste it into a post.) And where's your other Runtime?

edited December 1969

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Smith Micro\Poser 9 this?

edited December 1969

Where is the DAZ 3D folder you see the morphs in?

edited December 1969

ive tried installing them in to the content folder in poser where m4 an v4 are but they keep showing up under my daz3d in poser along with the genitals

edited December 1969

ive tried installing them in to the content folder in poser where m4 an v4 are but they keep showing up under my daz3d in poser along with the genitals

And what is the full path to this DAZ3d folder? Is there a reason the morphs are installed there?

edited December 1969

poser 9 runtime is in folder desktop,the daz 3d one is in my documents,,,,the plus morphs were installed to the daz one by the auto installer..i tried to manual install them in but still dosent work.they both go to separate folders in poser,the content,,,an the daz 3d

edited December 1969

they are both n these 2 folders

C:\Users\harry\Desktop\Poser 9\Poser 9\Runtime

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Michael 4

but when I install them m4 base is in content in poser 9 and the m4 morphs plus are under daz 3d

aaaaa.jpg
    709 x 469 - 82K
    edited December 1969

they are both n these 2 folders

C:\Users\harry\Desktop\Poser 9\Poser 9\Runtime

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Michael 4

but when I install them m4 base is in content in poser 9 and the m4 morphs plus are under daz 3d

First off, your content folder definitions seem off. In the desktop location, which folder(s) do you have specified as content folders:
    C:\Desktop\Poser 9\Poser 9
    C:\Desktop\Poser 9\Poser 9\Content
    C:\Desktop\Poser 9\Poser 9\Runtime\Content

The Runtime folder must be directly underneath the folder you specify and install to -- if you have ....\Runtime\Content\Runtime then the files under the second Runtime won't work correctly.

Second, M4 base and morphs need to be installed to the same location, and only one location. It can be either "My DAZ 3D Library" or something else, but not both and not M4 base in one and morphs in another.

edited December 1969

how do I uninstall them from one of the locations?

edited December 1969

If you installed with DIM just go to the Installed tab and click the Uninstall button. If you installed with a stand-alone installer it creates an uninstaller by default. If you installed manually you'll need to extract the zip to a dummy location and remove the matching files.

The important part is uninstalling the "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Michael 4" folder -- that's where all the morph data is kept, so that's the folder you must have only one of.

edited May 2014

I uninstalled the morphs an genitalia from poser 9 using the daz download manager.they don't show up in my poser now,but when I try to install them In to the content folder it asks to overwrite..as I said the figures and bases are in content but the morphs had shown up in my daz folder I cannot extract them if they don't show up in there.when I first got poser I was cleaning my desktop an dragged it to my documents and then back to mydesktop that's the reason for 2 p9folders but I only use one.

Post edited by greatnpowerfull on
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure I follow -- how exactly are you trying to install them, what is the install path, and what is the exact message?