Can anybody replicate this?

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited July 2012 in Carrara Discussion

Looking for confirmation from a 3rd party. This is a Millennium Dragon 2, scaled up 500-600%. Carrara really doesn't like it, but DS4 has no problems. EDIT TO REINSERT MUNCHED INFO: This was loaded from a .duf file saved from DS4.5rc3.

Latest beta. Windows 32bit.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Oh, looks like Carrara doesn't do bends.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798
    edited December 1969

I scaled mine from 500 to 7,500% posed and unposed with no probs

Carrara 8.5beta 64

image of dragon scaled at 7,500% & posed

dragon2.jpg
    600 x 490 - 119K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Did you do a pose where it asked if you wanted to leave limits on or turn them off? If so, did you turn them off?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Did you do a pose where it asked if you wanted to leave limits on or turn them off? If so, did you turn them off?

Nope. Posed in DS4 saved as .duf, I'm trying to determine where the issue may lie.

Kendall

edited December 1969

It seems related to the .duf saved by ds4. Everything is within limits, but when pulled into C it mangles the poor dragon. The larger the scale the more the damage.

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to report something until I could determine the issue.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Nope. Posed in DS4 saved as .duf, I'm trying to determine where the issue may lie.

Kendall

That information would have more relevant in the first post. Stezza posted an example, but it could have been loaded directly from the Carrara Browser. If the method of import was mentioned, Stezza or someone else could have attempted your method as well, and confirmed the bug. Still can, but it would lead to less confusion.

edited December 1969

Kendall

That information would have more relevant in the first post. Stezza posted an example, but it could have been loaded directly from the Carrara Browser. If the method of import was mentioned, Stezza or someone else could have attempted your method as well, and confirmed the bug. Still can, but it would lead to less confusion.

It *was* there when I initially created the post. There was an error submitting (login-logout dancing) and it looks like that part got munched. I didn't see that it was missing until your post. And yes, that does make a big difference. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall

It *was* there when I initially created the post. There was an error submitting (login-logout dancing) and it looks like that part got munched. I didn't see that it was missing until your post. And yes, that does make a big difference. :-)

Kendall

Yeesh! I wish they'd get these forums back up to speed! I know the old ones were held together by spit and baling twine, but at least they had a certain inherent functionality.

edited December 1969

with the extra info added, this has been replicated.

Latest DazStudio 4.5B

Latest Carrara 8.5B

dragon2duf.jpg
    508 x 424 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    with the extra info added, this has been replicated.

Latest DazStudio 4.5B

Latest Carrara 8.5B

Thanks for your effort. Do you want to report it, or shall I?

Kendall

edited December 1969

you can... I can't or couldn't on the old site ever get into that section. ;)

cheers