Countdown 2 Summer Officially Begins

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited July 2014 in The Commons

In the summer time, when the weather is hot, you can stretch right up and grab some deals. When the weather's right you've got renders, you've got renders on your mind.

We're so excited for summer that we're counting down to it and that means savings for you. Here's how it is going to work:

1. Every day there will be new releases. Each new release gets you a punch (yes the old punch card mechanic) your punches max out at 25.

2. Items are only punchable for 2 days, so make sure you get them within the first 2 days of their release.

3. Each punch gets you the following 1% off of other punchable items, 2% off of Aiko 6 (to be released some time in June), 4% off either the Dark Sisterhood or Gated Courtyard products (to be released in June as well).
This means that if you get all 25 punches you could potentially save 25% on new punchable items, an additional 50% on Aiko 6 when she releases in June and 100% on either the Dark Sisterhood or Gated Courtyard when they release. And all you have do is shop the new releases.

4. There will be a different daily freebie each day of the month, so keep your eye out for that. This freebie will be available to everyone, regardless of whether or not you purchase something.

5. Along with the new releases there will be Premier Artist store sales and other frivolity. Make sure you keep an eye on the Contdown 2 Summer Page for the latest and greatest news.

Some Caveats:
Actually, only one caveat. Items purchased to receive punches, or items purchased with punch discounts are not eligible for return. If you'd like to opt out of the sale contact customer service.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited May 2014

I haven't been getting as much benefit from previous sales this year as they have been tied into adding a genesis 2 content in the cart for the discount to apply. Hopefully this round of sales does not require me to purchase genesis 2 content to get a discount on other items.

Post edited by Gigabeat on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited May 2014

GigaBeat said:
    I haven't been getting as much benefit from previous sales this year as they have been tied into adding a genesis 2 content in the cart for the discount to apply. Hopefully this round of sales does not require me to purchase genesis 2 content to get a discount on other items.

Todays non-Genesis2 items:
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/abandoned-factory
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/there-and-back-again-exporting-and-importing-models-using-daz-studio-4-ds4

Post edited by Kerya on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2014

Perfect! The new scheme is wonderful, it is a really smart marketing move. I think I managed to arouse interest for DS in a few of my acquaintances from DA, this sale is likely to tempt them :P. It's nice to hear there will be Aiko, but I hope you will release more males before another female (you know, it's like you were supporting harem enthusiasts: three males - Michael, Jayden and Gianni for Victoria, Gia, Josie, Olympia, Girl and Giselle: each of the guys can date two women at the same time... is that truly family-friendly?). If there is Aiko, there must be Hiro too. Regarding A6... I estimate she may come out after the 15th of June. Why? Because today is the 20th of May, whereas the sale will last 25 days. This leaves us with the sale ending on the 15th and if A6 is supposed to bear a significant discount for people who buy several new releases covered by the event, she must not be available for purchase before Countdown To Summer ends.

I wonder if "Gated Courtyard" is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale's page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it's likely a bundle. It would probably be nice if you could estimate how much are we going to pay for the unreleased items ("Gated Courtyard", "Dark Sisterhood" and A6).

Again, congrats for a smart marketing move. I cannot wait to see the offerings!

PS When you click on “Sales and Promotions”, the last thing to see is that retro sale. You can only reach Countdown To Summer by the moving banner when viewing things like Fast Grab (my luck I always start the site from it, otherwise I could have easily missed that!). Couldn't you link back to S&P please?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

The punch card on the Summer Sales page doesn't count anything you bought. The banner one works fine, though.

• ThepalAUThepalAU Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

I'm also wondering if the free items are just going to be ones that have already been given to PC members for free. Being a PC member really shouldn't be a disadvantage when it comes to the sales.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited May 2014

If one has already "purchased" the freebies, can one still get the discount?

(Remember, folks, the freebies were free to non-PC members with purchase, and used to be free for everyone.)

Edited to add: I tried putting Kingdom of Marrakesh into my cart, but no discount on the checkout page, even though I already own Moon Gate.

Post edited by zigraphix on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited May 2014

It looks like that Giselle 6 pro bundle is included for punches but I got that when it first came out. SInce I did not get it today or tomorrow does that mean it did not count? I do not feel like rebuying Giselle 6 pro bundle.

edit: it looks like I got a punch so thank you.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing that the Freebies don't count as Punch items? ('cause if they do, that's potentially very sucky for those of us who already have them.)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,269
    edited May 2014

zigraphix said:

(Remember, folks, the freebies were free to non-PC members with purchase, and used to be free for everyone.)

Edited to add: I tried putting Kingdom of Marrakesh into my cart, but no discount on the checkout page, even though I already own Moon Gate.

You could always 'purchase' the freebie again to get the discount on the associated sale store items. Remember though that the sale price (50% off) does not apply to the P(C $1.99) items in the sale artist's store. But I don't think the old freebies earn punches.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

It looks like that Giselle 6 pro bundle is included for punches but I got that when it first came out. SInce I did not get it today or tomorrow does that mean it did not count? I do not feel like rebuying Giselle 6 pro bundle.

edit: it looks like I got a punch so thank you.

I'm in the same boat as you and could have sworn I had 0 of 25, but I see now i have 1 ... :)
  • scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

For once I'd love to enter DAZ, login and just pick up the freebies without:

* Cart screwing up
    * Login taking ages
    * Having to go through hoops to get to the freebie
    * Having to do the above again for the second one

Seriously guys, this renewed store did not make things better, it just gave us users a bigger headache.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

You should be getting the discount if you purchased moongate. You may need to log out and then back in to get added to the segment. If you aren't seeing the discount on Jack's store then just add moongate to your cart. Since it is free it isn't going to affect anything.

Keep in mind that Jack's store sale excludes items under $3.00 so you won't see discounts on pc items and value items.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Are all of the daily free items going to be old items given away to us PC members already, or will we see some new items? Will we still get our weekly new free item while this sale is going on?

Not everything will be an old item.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    barbult said:

What about the PC weekly freebie, has that been stopped for this month?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    barbult said:

Daily freebies for this promotion are in addition to the normal weekly freebie. We didn't launch the weekly freebie for this week today to keep everyone on their toes, but you'll see one launch this week.

edited December 1969

I'm guessing that the Freebies don't count as Punch items? ('cause if they do, that's potentially very sucky for those of us who already have them.)

They do not count as punches.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    barbult said:

Daily freebies for this promotion are in addition to the normal weekly freebie. We didn't launch the weekly freebie for this week today to keep everyone on their toes, but you'll see one launch this week.

Thank you

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Yes, thanks for the clarifications.

• sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:

I agree. I love my Genesis figures and have bought quite a lot of content (NOT scenes!) but lately it' seems to be all about Genesis2. Does this mean that Genesis is falling by the wayside and my people will be wearing old clothes? I'd like to see Giselle made to fit Genesis as I won't be investing in G2F and all the poses, expressions etc.

I haven't renewed my PC membership - there doesn't seem to be much point in that for me anymore. :long:

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jared, can you tell me what time does each freebie offering start - and end? I understand each offering will last 24 hours, but of which time zone: UTC, CET...? I will probably have to set an alarm :P.

Also, can you tell us - or at least prompt - if “Gated Courtyard” is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale’s page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it’s likely a bundle.

PS I was quite surprised nobody commented on the estimated date of shipping A6.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jared, can you tell me what time does each freebie offering start - and end? I understand each offering will last 24 hours, but of which time zone: UTC, CET...? I will probably have to set an alarm :P.

Also, can you tell us - or at least prompt - if “Gated Courtyard” is a bundle with Gen2M in mind? The little promo picture on the sale’s page shows a male, an outfit and a prop set, so it’s likely a bundle.

PS I was quite surprised nobody commented on the estimated date of shipping A6.

Freebies go live with new releases which is Midnight Mountain Time so set your clocks for that. They'll be available for a period of 24 hours. Obviously the weekly freebie is the exception as that will be available for a whole week.

I can't get into the details too much about Dark Sisterhood and Gated Courtyard since they haven't been released. I will say this though, one of the bundle comes with Male themed content and the other comes with Female themed content..... I'll let you guys guess which is which :-)

edited May 2014

DAZ_jared said:
    I can't get into the details too much about Dark Sisterhood and Gated Courtyard since they haven't been released. I will say this though, one of the bundle comes with Male themed content and the other comes with Female themed content..... I'll let you guys guess which is which :-)

Thank you! It is enough information for me, I know which sounds better to me (hint: it can be paraphrased as "The Closed Palace" :coolgrin:).

Freebies go live with new releases which is Midnight Mountain Time so set your clocks for that. They'll be available for a period of 24 hours. Obviously the weekly freebie is the exception as that will be available for a whole week.

My luck! Then I am eight hours ahead of you, so I shouldn't have to hurry. Yay!

PS Now I understand why I get "Early Bird Specials" so often while the others complain they're too late :coolgrin:...

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

with over 180 days till summer I should have some fun ;-)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

This rocks!! Picked up the few Jack sets that I didn't already own. (I just have to keep reminding myself that I bought Sacrament and Mortis at Jack's store, and that I won Saba'a AlKair in a contest a while back, so I don't buy them again!) And I really hope that more of the upcoming "punchcard" new releases are a little less pricey -- maybe more DAZ originals where my PC discount can soften the blow, lol. All I know is that if each punch is $10 a pop, I'd need to spend $250 in the next month to earn the full discount. :ohh:

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2014

Greetings,

And I really hope that more of the upcoming "punchcard" new releases are a little less pricey -- maybe more DAZ originals where my PC discount can soften the blow, lol.
    Yeah... I know the feeling. I don't even know if I'm going to make it to the 10% off level that I did with Giselle 6. I've spent a LOT of money this month, mainly on Giselle. (Softened slightly by an excellent deal on store credit at the end of last month.)

That said, DAZ does need to make money, or they can't continue to buy/pay to have developed, this wonderful content for us, so I don't expect the punches to be that inexpensive all told.

I'm getting used to looking at things I want, both in money and calorie terms, and saying to myself, 'I can't afford this.' :-/

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    I'm getting used to looking at things I want, both in money and calorie terms, and saying to myself, 'I can't afford this.' :-/

-- Morgan

Calories I can afford ... but the other thing called "money" ... LOL

As for this promotion being tied to "no return" -
    QUESTION: does that mean no partial refunds either, when stuff gets cheaper inside of 30 days?

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 603
    edited May 2014

Just a little word about the choice offered by DAZ: too many items can only be used in DS 4.6... No polemic here, just a personal thought.

I also agree with KaribousBoutique about the price of the Countdown 2 Summer items (though the same could apply to many new items that are not part of the Countdown 2 Summer promotion...).

Post edited by Unseen on
    edited December 1969

DAZ Water Pump and Grain Silo, Sushi Time One. That's very lucky for me as I've been eyeing the latter one for quite a time. So far, everything is very versatile, thanks so much. I'm very excited to dream about the rest that awaits us (is the pool limited to props or hairstyles, clothes and characters will show up too?)... Is the sale going on up to those 25 days (counting in the start in May, that would make the 15th) or truly until the 30th of June?

And... AAVE NAINEN SALE! With one set for $3!!! Did I strand into Heaven? :P

Just please tell me how long it will last. I'd have to ready my card for that.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

As for this promotion being tied to "no return" -
    QUESTION: does that mean no partial refunds either, when stuff gets cheaper inside of 30 days?

Correct.