Can't load *.duf files

LemyLemy Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Today, I have got the new Beta of Carrara (172) and the RC3 of DAZ Studio.
In the description of Carrara is said, that it could now load the *duf files from DAZ Studio.
So, I loaded a scene in DAZ Studio, saved it with RC3, but this is it what I get every time I try to load a *duf File:

So, what I'm doing wrong? Is it still not working? But why then saying that bug is fixed?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No clue what RC3 is, but carrara can open a studio DUF, open it it right, no, but it can open it.
    It's all still in beta, give DAZ another year and they may actually have it working.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Only the most simplistic of .duf files can be loaded. I have only been able to load 2 .duf files of over 150 that I've tried. Of those two, one was simply a test file with parts from "Sushi Time 1" and the other was a file containing ONLY a MilDragon2. Anything containing a Genesis, or multiple props will die with the Nil pointer error posted above.

Kendall

edited December 1969

It's times like this I feel for that 1 developer DAZ has left. Of coarse I like to think the 6 marketing guys are at least encouraging him.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

What, still no Optitex sim in Carrara, Stan?

Wonder how they test before making statements that it is fixed?

Hey, Boss, guess what, we've got DUF working in Carrara!

You SURE?

Yeah, we sent a cube over and it's working great!

Great stuff - release it and hand out bonuses all round!

edited December 1969

I tend to agree. Look at carrara's dynamic hair, I often wonder if it was tested on anything other then a sphere in an empty scene.
    The fun part is when DAZ says something is fixed when it isn't. The issue of reversed faced normals drawing hair like a magnet was fixed by; are you read for this, you going through every item in a scene and fixing the normals.

• djmulcahydjmulcahy Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    It's times like this I feel for that 1 developer DAZ has left. Of coarse I like to think the 6 marketing guys are at least encouraging him.

LOL!
    I don't want to laugh, because I'm truly rooting for Carrara, but yeah, that's exactly what things feel like.