Real Tanks and Containers

SgiffSgiff Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I downloaded this free offer and even though it says it is the actual product by name, when you download the files it says it is just the metadata which contains no objects. Can someone please verify this?

Comments

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sgiff said:
    I downloaded this free offer and even though it says it is the actual product by name, when you download the files it says it is just the metadata which contains no objects. Can someone please verify this?

You should see 2 files to download for the PC version, (and 2 for Mac Version)
    The PC files are:
    1. 14581_RealTanksContainers_1.0_dpc.exe (10,078kb)
    2. 14581_RealTanksContainersMetaData_1.0_ds.exe (5,778kb)
    I didn't download the MAC files, so I don't know what their filesizes are.
    But the PC files installed fine for me.
  • BryseyBrysey Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Only seeing one file for each platform so something is wrong?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

I see four files - give it a bit longer, assuming it's a fresh order, as my downloads took ten or fifteen minutes to appear, and check they aren't spanning two pages. If you still can't find them try a reset from your Itemised order History and if that doesn't fix it open a support ticket.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

I had two files for MAC and 2 files for PC show up in my available downloads without a problem, try resetting your downloads.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have someone else telling me they also are only getting the metadata file in their downloads. HAve tried restting the download, and also reordering the prouduct and still the same.

We will flag this up, but obviously it won't be seen till Monday.

• edited December 1969

Just tried to get this. I too have only the metadata files available to download. So many issues. First my password would not work that I have had for years and I had to reset that.

• edited December 1969

If you look at the profiles on the left of this forum it states that I am a new member which I am not. The first comment on here says that Brysey started his memembersip on 10-09-2003 and that Richard the administrator also started his membership on 10-09-2003. Are these more bugs?

edited December 1969

New member is new to posting on this new version of the forum, your join date shows that you have been a member for the correct length of time. It is just that everyone started from a zero post count when these new forums went live, and the status changes as you post more often. Once you post your 26th post you will become a "member" and at 251 you become an "active member"

Not quite certain what you are seeing as other people join dates, Because I see both RH and Brysey as joining on the same date I did, which is 2003-10-10.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I've got two files named '14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.zip - mac' and '- pc', but it's actually downloading as '14581_RealTanksContainersMetaData_1.0_ds' (the PC version also behaves the same). So I have the same problem, but that's okay...I didn't know it was a freebie until I got curious about this thread. :)!

@jmikem - Because there was a Forum changeover, and they managed to preserve all the users, passwords, and start dates, but not the posts themselves. Since the new site uses post-count to identify member levels (little green boxes) everybody shows up as new members at first, until you get more than 25 (I think) posts.

I don't know about Brysey vs. Richard's start date; maybe they did start on the same day. Or maybe that's the first day that membership was recorded, on the old site. Dunno.

-- Morgan

• JPPI-StuartJPPI-Stuart Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Ah, glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I also see only two files, one for each platform (PC/Mac), and my order was submitted hours ago. Clicking the "14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.exe - pc" download link just downloads "14581_RealTanksContainersMetaData_1.0_ds.exe" instead. How does one "reset" a download? I'd like to try that to see if it fixes it.

• somefunoksomefunok Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately I've been having the same problem and reseting the downloading doesn't fix it.

edited December 1969

As I said earlier, we will flag this up, but don't ecpect to get an answer before Monday, as it is weekend.

edited December 1969

My download was 1_0, not 1_1 - it's possible there's been an update and the wrong files were uploaded.

edited December 1969

Ok, I just reset my order and i can confirm that the 1.1 update seems to have only the metadata. Those of us with both files have the earlier 1.0 version.

edited December 1969

QA was able to fix this and the links from my reset order are now working, without needing another reset - try yours, and if they don't work try a reset from your Itemised Order History..

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

QA was able to fix this and the links from my reset order are now working, without needing another reset - try yours, and if they don't work try a reset from your Itemised Order History..

I reset my order history for this and now the files for the models are there, but the MetaData installers are missing.
    Screen_shot_2012-07-28_at_1.24_.16_PM_.png
    743 x 235 - 29K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Not quite certain what you are seeing as other people join dates, Because I see both RH and Brysey as joining on the same date I did, which is 2003-10-10.

Seems that different people see different dates. Check out the screen captures below.

joined_dates.jpg
    338 x 432 - 69K
    edited December 1969

THat's interesting. But I am sure one day doesn't make that much of a difference, can be explained by time zones, after all

edited December 1969

There isn't a metadata installer, they've stopped providing a separate installer - it's in the main installer anyway.

• JPPI-StuartJPPI-Stuart Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Appreciate the quick fix! :)

edited December 1969

Ok, I just reset my order and i can confirm that the 1.1 update seems to have only the metadata. Those of us with both files have the earlier 1.0 version.

de3an said:

I reset my order history for this and now the files for the models are there, but the MetaData installers are missing.

There isn't a metadata installer, they've stopped providing a separate installer - it's in the main installer anyway.

Your Jedi mind-trick won't work on me. These are the droids I'm looking for, and there clearly was a MetaData installer just a few hours ago.

Are you saying that between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of this product the file named "14581_RealTanksContainersMetaData_1.0_ds" was removed leaving only the single file "14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc"?

Is this why the product went from 1.0 to 1.1 (bundling the MetaData into the single installer)?
  • rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I'm seeing the same thing as de3an, all three registered "2003-10-9".

Funny enough, de3an never joined, his profile states "Joined 0"... :gulp:

:lol:

edited December 1969

Anyway, how does one reset a download in this new site?

Please, pretty pretty please don't tell me it's through the "Itemized Order History" - Mine is 161 pages long, and obviously not sorted by date (that would be too useful), but by creators' shoe size...

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    Anyway, how does one reset a download in this new site?

Please, pretty pretty please don't tell me it's through the "Itemized Order History" - Mine is 161 pages long, and obviously not sorted by date (that would be too useful), but by creators' shoe size...

Yes, it's using the "Itemized Order History", and it is sorted Alphabetically. Numerals come first.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Yes, it's using the "Itemized Order History", and it is sorted Alphabetically. Numerals come first.

Oh no...

Given a page refreshes in 4 seconds (right now), it would take me a little over 10 minutes of rabid clicking to go through the list, looking for the "Real Tanks Containers" file. If it was by date, I could at least start from one of the ends.

They've definitely decided to make using the site as tiresome as possible... :-(

Thanks anyway!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:

Oh no...

Given a page refreshes in 4 seconds (right now), it would take me a little over 10 minutes of rabid clicking to go through the list, looking for the "Real Tanks Containers" file. If it was by date, I could at least start from one of the ends.

They've definitely decided to make using the site as tiresome as possible... :-(

Thanks anyway!

Using binary search methodology, you should be able to find any item in an alphabetically sorted list 161 pages long in 7 attempts maximum.

Click on the middle page and determine the Alpha direction to try next. Select the middle page for each range. For instance:

Page 80 -> page 40 -> page 20 ->page 10 -> page 5 etc

Kendall

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited July 2012

You could also grab Taozen's history tool, and use it for file reset. (I swear I'm gonna bookmark the link this time.) Ah here we go: History management tool.

I will also recommend the download tool.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    chohole said:

I'm seeing the same thing as de3an, all three registered "2003-10-9".

If someone joined at say 06:00 today (i.e. on the 29th) , to someone in the -07:00 timezone they actually joined at 23:00 on the 28th. Same instant in time, different representations in different parts of the world.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:

Mine is 161 pages long, and obviously not sorted by date (that would be too useful), but by creators' shoe size...

First thing to do is to select it to show 50 items per page, which will cut it to 33 pages. Kendall's suggestion of a binary search will give you the right page in 5 attempts, but the alphabetical nature of the data will potentially allow you to find it in less.

What I did when I had a few minutes to spare waiting for a render was copy the data from each page into a spreadsheet, labelled with page number. To find the right page I then just look it up in the spreadsheet. It will slowly go out of date, but hopefully DAZ will have gotten around to improving the functionality by the time it's no longer a timesaver

edited December 1969

I doubt the update was just to remove the separate metadata installer, but it does seem to be the new standard system not to have a separate installer for just the metadata.