Here we go again!

acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
edited January 2016 in The Commons

Post edited by acanthis on

Comments

• YacomoYacomo Posts: 25
    edited July 2012

Looks like I am lucky.

In my case I am simply not able to add anything to my cart at all.

What a mess!

Edit:
    - Tried clearing cache on my Mac (using Safari) - no success.
    - Tried to add something to my cart on a completely different Windows PC using IE 9 which never ever accessed the DAZ Store before - no success.

This is laughable. What exactly have you guys been working on since this new 'improved' Web Site went live???

Post edited by Yacomo on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The cart does some times seem to lag - try hitting F5 (Refresh) after adding an item, see if that pops it up. It may also help to log out and log in again, soemtimes things seem to get in a betwixt and between state.

Yacomo - it's clutching at straws, but have you tried Firefox? Both Safari and IE have been reported as having issues, though not I think at the add to cart stage.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited January 2016

Post edited by acanthis on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Took a few tries for me the other day, then I wound up with 2 of them, so I deleted one. Not the greatest buyer experience.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The problem is that these are intermittent issues - they don't affect everyone, and they often don't affect every order by most of their victims (I've seen most of the reported problems at least once, but most orders go through OK). That makes it much harder to figure out the root cause and to fix it.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited July 2012

Possibly the root cause is somebody required a little more training .... just a thought.

update - after adding a second item then both were really in cart.

cute.png
    646 x 380 - 156K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

All you have to do is hit refresh and it will show up in your cart. Works every time for me.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

That's pretty much what happened to me. Only, w hen I finally was ABLE to get the items in my cart and check out, it first told me it couldn't generate an invoice. The second time I tried, it told me it didn't have my address -- which it had displayed in the previous step. I logged out and logged in, and was finally able to place my order. Only, when I went to my account, I was astonished (and angry!) to see it had placed the order TWICE. One of the errors was not an error, apparently. I'm really, really mad, because I can't afford to wait three weeks for my refund, which (of course) came directly from my checking account via a debit card.

And since I already talked about this in another thread, my post will likely b e deleted as a duplicate. Because discussing the same thing twice is inefficient. Unlike *cough* the customer service...

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    All you have to do is hit refresh and it will show up in your cart. Works every time for me.

It did NOT work for me. I added two items to my cart. They did not reappear. I refreshed. Nothing. I logged out and logged in. Nothing. I logged in on a DIFFERENT BROWSER with a CLEAR CACHE. Nothing. Couldn't re-add the items to my cart because it said the same item cannot be purchased twice. I even tried checking out, but the system said I had no orders in my cart. I have no idea why they eventually just appeared in my cart. But it isn't as simple as refreshing.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

It is for me when it happens which is why I suggested it.

edited December 1969

I'm happy to report my refund should be issued today. I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a result of my temper tantrum, but I am satisfied to know SOMEONE is listening. On the cart issues, I just want TPTB to know that there are still countless, seemingly-random glitches occurring on almost all of my increasingly-infrequent visits to the store. It feels very disorganized. And sometimes it feels like our frustrations aren't being heard.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

We have been seeing this check out problem for many people over the last month. The Web development team has found what they believe is the problem in the Magento code. It appears that there is a slight delay during the read write process on these large scale implementations. This delay is causing the checkout process to appear broken. Some are charged multiple times, others are not able to place an order. The development team has uncovered a fix and it is in testing today. If this pans out to be the fix for the check out and order problems they will implement it as soon as they can. It just needs to pass QA.

I hope this brief explanation will help you understand that we are working on the problem. It is very frustrating for all who are using and working on the fixes to the store.

When the problem is resolved we will make a post to let all know the information.

Regards,

bfurner

edited December 1969

I hope this brief explanation will help you understand that we are working on the problem. It is very frustrating for all who are using and working on the fixes to the store.

Yes, it does. Tremendously. I have always been extremely satisfied with the products DAZ sells. Perhaps this is why I'm so very frustrated with the glitches and inconveniences. I want DAZ software and content, but I'm very exasperated by the bugs, inconvenient loss of features, and overall rapid, disorganized change. It makes me feel lost.

I appreciate the communication because it reassures me of what is going on behind the scenes.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    honestly, the blame for this lies with the DAZ Chief Technology Officer. He needs to come to this forum and apologise to the customers for the mistakes that he has made in rolling out this so-called "upgrade" and he needs to give a timetable for them to finally be fixed!

DAZ had a Chief Technology Officer?... Oh yeah, I heard about that... He also was head of security too... sad story.... a Karzarian Cave Slug devoured him on an away mission... he happened to be wearing his red shirt that day.
    DAZ temporarily hired the Karzarian Cave Slug to fill in for him, but it committed suicide after two days... 128 pounds of salt it took, but it finally did the job... the suicide note mentioned something about Magento.

edited December 1969

DAZ had a Chief Technology Officer?... Oh yeah, I heard about that... He also was head of security too... sad story.... a Karzarian Cave Slug devoured him on an away mission... he happened to be wearing his red shirt that day.
    DAZ temporarily hired the Karzarian Cave Slug to fill in for him, but it committed suicide after two days... 128 pounds of salt it took, but it finally did the job... the suicide note mentioned something about Magento.

Please... Render this. :lol:

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    honestly, the blame for this lies with the DAZ Chief Technology Officer. He needs to come to this forum and apologise to the customers for the mistakes that he has made in rolling out this so-called "upgrade" and he needs to give a timetable for them to finally be fixed!

128 lbs of salt LOL

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

That's pretty much what happened to me. Only, w hen I finally was ABLE to get the items in my cart and check out, it first told me it couldn't generate an invoice. The second time I tried, it told me it didn't have my address -- which it had displayed in the previous step. I logged out and logged in, and was finally able to place my order. Only, when I went to my account, I was astonished (and angry!) to see it had placed the order TWICE. One of the errors was not an error, apparently. I'm really, really mad, because I can't afford to wait three weeks for my refund, which (of course) came directly from my checking account via a debit card.

And since I already talked about this in another thread, my post will likely b e deleted as a duplicate. Because discussing the same thing twice is inefficient. Unlike *cough* the customer service...

Gee, I must be special because it only takes 24 hours or less to get refunds on my debit card purchases. Maybe the delay is with your bank.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The Web development team has found what they believe is the problem in the Magento code. It appears that there is a slight delay during the read write process on these large scale implementations. This delay is causing the checkout process to appear broken.

Just noticed this little snippet from a couple of days ago. I wonder if this was related to the "never going away orange swirly thing" problem that caused purchases to stall for several minutes (sometimes longer) two months ago when the store was newly re-opened.

It's been two months...?
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited August 2012

Appear broken? I don't get that. The code to appear broken or the actual checkout process to BECOME broken?
    I make physical objects... they are either broken or not... usually if they appear broken you need glue or you need to make a new one.
    I understand there is a difference between physical and virtual processes... but that sort of sounds like it appears to be broken, but its not... its sort of an optical illusion sort of thing... maybe it's more like when you are in the desert making out with Megan Fox and then you realize it's a cactus and your tongue is all full of needles and you are actually dying of thirst and hallucinating, but your friend who is also with you, says: "Hey, you appear to be making out with saguaro cactus" and you are thinking "this sure tastes like a cactus and these feel like cactus needles" and then you think "Naa, it must be Megan Fox, otherwise he would have said- YOU ARE making out with a saguaro cactus" and since you either ARE or ARE NOT making out with a cactus, thus he must mean that perhaps because of the harsh desert sun or the way Megan did her hair today, she looks a little cactusie or something like that.
    That kind of "appear"... Right?
    I'm pretty sure thats what he meant.
    Two months...
    Thats not so long... in the grand scale of universal time, thats like a nano-nanosecond... for a Karzarian Cave Slug thats like 30 seconds... although in dog years, it's like a little over a year... and its like fifty years for a fruit fly... in human years thats like two whole months... it's a good thing we aren't human or we might get pissed, ha-ha... right?
    Hu?
    Ooooh... ooops.

Post edited by McGyver on