I have two questions please.

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

As for my first question, and I assume Carrara can do this, (Maybe with the layers thing.), is can I render Victoria 4, and all her clothes and accesories I have on her and the rest of the production frame transparent, or do I have to do that in post?

And number two. I know this has been addressed before, but with the changeover and all to this new forum I am temporarily lost, lol. Anyway, I am making a pier. And I duplicated the first board of the deck all the way to the end. But as you all know, that looks very fake. How do I randomize the woodgrain setting from board to board? (Sorry, no rendered pictures yet :red: )

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hello Misticwolf

If I understand you correctly, you want to render V4 clothed in a frame by herself?

Yes, you can do that a few different ways.

If you plan on putting a background in later, you can make a greenscreen background, then fade that out in post. That is what I do when I have wanted to do something of that nature.

• edited May 2012

Thank you. I have done this method before. It works ok with the post software I have available. I was just hoping Carrara could have output it with an opaque background.

Post edited by rosedragon_9a2c52b8ed on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Hello Misticwolf

If I understand you correctly, you want to render V4 clothed in a frame by herself?

Yes, you can do that a few different ways.

If you plan on putting a background in later, you can make a greenscreen background, then fade that out in post. That is what I do when I have wanted to do something of that nature.

Okay, why a greenscreen? Why not join the 21st century and the digital revolution and just turn on the Alpha Channel?

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In the Assembly Room, click on SCENE and remove any backdrop or background
    -
    in the render room under FILE FORMAT tab:
    render as PNG, and click on the two alpha options

• edited December 1969

Awesome. Thanks, I am off to try that right now!

• edited December 1969

That worked awesomely! Massive amounts of thanks! Pictures to follow when done. I am working on a cover for my wife's first book.