Symmetry

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is their some kind of symmetry command in Daz that will let me make limbs on one side of a character match the other side like in Poser?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, on the Parameters tab Options menu (probably on the Pose tab as well, but I haven't looked).

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

I was looking for this feature myself. After seeing this thread I went looking for it. I found it and I played around with it, but it doesn't work worth a d###. I can't get it to swap one side for the other or mirror one side to the other. I tested all of the selection options. I position the character with one of its arms up and the other down. The only results were that the character lowering its arm and messing up the face, and that results occured only when I was attempting to swap the two arms; not mirror them.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the report! Where did you find the "feature?"

edited December 1969

right click on the 'Parameters tab'. You can find Symmetry below 'lock' and above 'move to floor'.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. I just tried a little test and I was able to mirror one leg to another using all the defaults.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

I was looking for this feature myself. After seeing this thread I went looking for it. I found it and I played around with it, but it doesn't work worth a d###. I can't get it to swap one side for the other or mirror one side to the other. I tested all of the selection options. I position the character with one of its arms up and the other down. The only results were that the character lowering its arm and messing up the face, and that results occured only when I was attempting to swap the two arms; not mirror them.

How did you pose the arms? Symmetry won't work on the Pose control sliders on the root node, only on poses applied directly to bones.

edited December 1969

Okay. I tested it again by moving the bone instead. It worked for the most part; however each time I do it, the eyes bug-out a little. The render I'm showing is after clicking the symmetry twice using the mirror option.

bulgingEyes.jpg
    600 x 600 - 118K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

The eye problem does ring a bell, but I can't recall the fix. I assume they are posed directly, not using the pose controls?

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

have you checked the translation settings X ,Y & Z just to make sure they are set to 0

edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    have you checked the translation settings X ,Y & Z just to make sure they are set to 0

On the character that the eyes are popping out, the translation X, Y,& Z are not all set to zero. However, because of the character's face setting each one to zero messes up the setting positioning of the eyes.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:

On the character that the eyes are popping out, the translation X, Y,& Z are not all set to zero. However, because of the character's face setting each one to zero messes up the setting positioning of the eyes.

I am thinking that's where the problem lies as the symmetry command is adjusting/ mirroring all translation settings its doing the same with the eyes.

Option 1 take note of the original settings and after using the symmetry command reset them back to what they where.

Option 2. Not sure if this will work find out if there is any way to deselect bone/nodes from the symmetry command before using it I have not played with it enough to know for sure.

that's all I can think of but let's see if any one else chimes in