goofy idea Fenric/Casual exporting a sequence of obj's for animated morph targets

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

blame PhilW & RosemaryR in JoeMomma2000's Marvelous designer thread for this moment of animation madness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgzOlDvlYVM
been trying to figure out how to bring animations of non-Daz/Poser figures into studio and Poser for dynamic cloth sims etc
lightwave mdd using Fenric's plugin is one way for Poser except the Poser mdd plugin demo randomly crashed my Poser7 when I was not using it so I was never tempted to buy the full version even though it did sort of work.
so
I thought mmm Poser dyntomorph python and Optitex cloth freeze create a series of animated morph sliders so maybe I can go the other way from Carrara.
used an fbx imported animated iClone figure in my video exported from Carrara as a series of obj files
and it kinda worked
but not
the tweening interval being the issue,
I chose 1sec 30th frame intervals you need 30obj's per frame!!!!
what one needs is a way to export an obj per frame via a script
hello Fenric!!!!
and a corresponding script to load them as sequenced morph targets on the first one in studio
hello Jacques Casual!!!
I am wondering how hard this would be to do, Casual did something similar for animations in Blender using cycles rendering engine
I know CAN of course do all 300 obj exports and 299 morph target loads for a 10sec animation manually :roll:

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

I have not tried it yet
    but
    maybe one could export the ocean primitive and trees full mesh with wind and rustle as a series of morph targets!!!

edited December 1969

ok, figured something out, I need to zero the next morphs for the previous keyframe to get a tweened animation so do not need that many
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv8Zn4TZ0dA
    here is the ocean primitive and a tree animated in Daz studio

edited December 1969

oh and I got the iClone character into a dynamic nightdress!!!

gwynn.gif
    357 x 500 - 1M
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

this thread right here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1065/

in the case of carrara the only ingredient needed is a batch obj exporter

baboi.gif
    400 x 400 - 393K
    edited December 1969

thx for that!
    missed it on the forum
    would have saved me heaps of time doing my clothing sim poses!
    (I just knew you would be able to do a cool script, just hadn't realized you'd done it already!)
    damn I wish Carrara would remember the last export option like studio does, that at least would make life simpler!

edited July 2012

well I did another video using my method, first scene original character in iClone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIclGG1FmeM
    sorry Jacques, I could not get your script to import at the intervals I wanted, ie one morph per sec, would do one frame per morph looping or not at all if I increased the interval.
    have improved the way it handles my original way by using Puppeteer to shift between morphs though!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited July 2012

talking to myself in this thread
    but
    Imported Andy (3Dage)'s Kreature into studio, the Optitex cloth will not collide with him????
    is it the Sculptris triangles perhaps??? Gwynn from iClone had mesh of triagulated quadrangles

Untitled2.jpg
    1601 x 693 - 266K
    Untitled.jpg
    1614 x 704 - 216K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

or rather it only collides with the left half of the mesh

Untitled.jpg
    1879 x 1041 - 364K
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm fascinated. Trying to catch up!!

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited July 2012

or rather it only collides with the left half of the mesh

That's interesting. I wonder if Andy mirror duplicated one side and welded to produce the whole figure or maybe it comes out of scuptris that way.

If so, you may be looking at reversed polys. If that's the case it may explain some other odd behaviour if cloth is only set to collide with outer faces. Worth an experiment.

Post edited by RoguePilot on
    edited December 1969

RougeP, could be, the normals all face out though, I checked.
    my own rigged model which had a duplicated with symmetry arm and leg did something similar.
    they work static but adding morphs and animating does it even for a static drape
    I can get most (not tried many) models made by others to work so it is a mesh issue
    but morph target related too
    I have not done much as exporting multiple objs along the timeline tedious stuff in Carrara!
    Fenric! would love that plugin already! pretty sure others will buy it too!
    lol! pose tools 3! throw a few other bits in
    once people learn you can get Carrara's rustling trees and ocean primitive animated into studio I bet there would be a few takers!

edited December 1969

did another test video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L8rt95CGyM if anyone interested