Anyone else having issues with thread "subscription" notification?

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
edited July 2012 in The Commons

I don't know if that is the right term, but you know- when you are notified by email when someone posts in a thread you have checked "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread"...

Does this feature work or not?
I get "bursts" of notices sometimes,sometimes it waits a day or two, sometimes it notifies me of posts it has already notified me of, sometimes it clumps a bunch together- with or without threads it has already notified me of, in one case I chose "stop notifying me about this thread" and it decided that was not a rational decision on my behalf and kept on notifying me despite me telling it not to- again and again and again... and today I discovered out it has randomly stopped notifying me of post in threads I was following. Quite a few and for quite a while.

I'm removing The rest of this post because I'm too disruptive and none of my comments belong here. Say happy things. We all must be happy.

Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

What mail server are you using? If its yahoo that could be the issue. There have been problems with the notifications coming through with this server. I've also noticed if I haven't posted in a long time to a thread it is dropping the notifications for me. I think its a system glitch.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Maybe you already know of this method, but rather than bothering with notifications that may or may not work, and at best would clog my inbox, I follow threads by clicking on the link "Your Public Profile" (underneath the forum search box), then on my profile clicking the link "View all posts by this member." That gives me a list of threads I have posted in, and the list does "bump" when a new post is added to a thread. :)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited July 2012

I'm removing my post because I'm too disruptive and none of my comments belong here. Say happy things. We all must be happy.

edited December 1969

Maybe you already know of this method, but rather than bothering with notifications that may or may not work, and at best would clog my inbox, I follow threads by clicking on the link "Your Public Profile" (underneath the forum search box), then on my profile clicking the link "View all posts by this member." That gives me a list of threads I have posted in, and the list does "bump" when a new post is added to a thread. :)

Good one. Didn't think of that. LOL

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I subscribe to thread but it is very hit or miss as to whether I get notifications.

edited July 2012

I'm removing my post because I'm too disruptive and none of my comments belong here. Say happy things. We all must be happy.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I don't believe so either. I was referring to that list of one's own posts.

edited December 1969

No threads don't bump yet. Once they start working on the forums that feature should return.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

If you receive an email notification from the forum topic. You must click it in your email to view the post, that will keep the subscription coming. If you don't respond via your email notification, the subscription will stop.

edited July 2012

edited July 2012