Poses, animations and the EULA

Jovianthe4thJovianthe4th Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Since the Game Development EULA does not cover brokered products, can poses and animations from Published Artists be used in your video game? Does the EULA only prohibit you from using geometry in real time, or does it include poses and animations too? I'm looking for some gun/combat poses for Genesis, but I have found no Daz original products in what I'm looking for.

Comments

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested in this information as well, though I'm sure only a lawyer could give you legal advice. My understanding is that the 3D geometry is the protected part of this field. 2D renderings or even the use of 3D models in such a manner that their 3D geometry is not accessible is generally okay. Again, that's just my understanding, based on a couple queries about using characters I create in a video.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

I'm of the belief that with the current EULA we can use all 2D renders and all Animations in games. I do believe the only part that is not allowed to be used in a game is the MESH and textures without a license. So if the pose or animation can not be reverse engineered to be used by a person that did not BUY that product you should be okay. If a end user of the game could get the poses or animations out of the game then I think you would be breaking the EULA. But only then.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

The EULA applies to all products, so no you can't include poses from a product to which you don't have a Game Developer License I'm afraid.

• Jovianthe4thJovianthe4th Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The EULA applies to all products, so no you can't include poses from a product to which you don't have a Game Developer License I'm afraid.

Unfortunately there currently are no Daz owned poses for firearms/soldiers/combat for Genesis, only PA and/or brokered products. I guess I could try making my own poses, but I'm just an amateur.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

the price of the game license is to high priced for me.
    i create my games for friends only and create my own poses.