Something I Realized With Jasmine & Jason

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was looking through 3D Universe's shop page here when I came to a rather surprising realization while looking the Jasmine & Jason Uber Bundle after viewing the Toon versions of Aiko 4 & Hiro 4.

Is it me? Or are Jasmine & Jason simply just remastered Genesis Shapes of the Toon Anime duo?

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

Wonder how the original Toon Aiko and Toon Hiro fit in this too.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

It does kind of acknowledge this in the first lines of the description:

"Jason and Jasmin are carefully crafted toon characters for Genesis, created in a typical 3D Universe style. Combining features from several of 3D Universe's other cartoon figures, these two bring the typical western cartoon guy style to the Genesis platform. "

So yeah, that is basically what they are, a revised and updated Genesis edition. :)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited July 2012

HiroToon 4 and Jason look completely different, though their builds are similar. Jason's in the pink shirt.

Edit: Corrected Hiro 4 to HiroToon 4. HiroToon4 and Jason are both 3D Universe products.

Hiro-Jason.jpg
    611 x 584 - 60K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

To my eyes Jasmine & Jason are very western toon style whereas Aiko & Hiro are more anime/mange style. However having said that Aiko & Hiro are still a little westernised and don't quite capture the unique anime/mange style. I think Manihoni's morphs (at Renderosity store) are much closer to the anime/manga style.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited July 2012

Lindsey said:

Jason's in the pink shirt.

That shirt does look to be basically the exact same article though. It's interesting to see the evolution of the characters and clothing from the different 3DUniverse characters, making Jason and Jasmin (and Amy) almost a greatest hits of aspects of the two versions of the Toon Aiko & Hiro characters plus Skye.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

we need Gramps for Genesis!
    and the others plus all their clothes
    I put Gramp's clothes through crosdresser for V4 then conformed it to Genesis.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited July 2012

Lindsey said:
    HiroToon 4 and Jason look completely different, though their builds are similar. Jason's in the pink shirt.

Edit: Corrected Hiro 4 to HiroToon 4. HiroToon4 and Jason are both 3D Universe products.
    They look VERY similar. The only differences between the two are the eye and overall face roundness. Everything else is practically identical.

GigaBeat said:
    To my eyes Jasmine & Jason are very western toon style whereas Aiko & Hiro are more anime/mange style. However having said that Aiko & Hiro are still a little westernised and don't quite capture the unique anime/mange style. I think Manihoni's morphs (at Renderosity store) are much closer to the anime/manga style.

If you refer to the actual A4 & H4, then you're half right. The Gen 4 versions of the DAZ 3D Anime couple are, in artistic spirit, different from their Gen 3 pioneers (Gen 2 if you want to be technical with Aiko) in that where A3/H3 were more of the actual typical Anime/Manga style as Hitomi is today, A4/H4 are more sophisticated and in the styles of contemporary video games and Japanese Pop-culture. However, because of this, people have commented, myself very much included, that the way A4 & H4 were supported made them look too posh and snooty while A3 & H3 felt much warmer and friendlier. Hitomi recaptures that warm, cute Anime Girl feel that we missed back in Gen 3, and her sales prove it! :)

That shirt does look to be basically the exact same article though. It's interesting to see the evolution of the characters and clothing from the different 3DUniverse characters, making Jason and Jasmin (and Amy) almost a greatest hits of aspects of the two versions of the Toon Aiko & Hiro characters plus Skye.
    Speaking of Amy and character comparison, I hear that some Toon fans here attribute her to The Girl for reasons I don't quite understand myself. Maybe it's simply the fact that they're both Toon girls and Jasmine is already seen as AikoToon 5. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on