Informal Contest: Spin "Game Master’s Tools"

robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
edited April 2014 in The Commons

We've spun NVIATWAS.

We've spun Anime Star Fighter.

Time we spun something new.

Take "Game Master’s Tools" (this week's freebie) and put your own spin on it.

The Rules:

* Images have to comply with the forum’s TOS.

* All renders must be new. You can post them elsewhere after you posted them here and enter in other contests if you so wish.

* Any rendering software is acceptable, as is postwork - but please tell us what software you used and whether you did any postwork.

* Entries have to be posted to this thread. Entries will be accepted starting just after this post is made, and going until 23:59 Daz Time on April 30.

* I’ll announce a winner on or before May 3.

* Your characters aren’t obliged to actually spin. :p

* This is not "a tribute to Frazetta" contest. (Although if you want to do a tribute to Dave Trampier, I'll smile upon it. Good luck finding just the right sort of dragon, though.)

* Enter as many times as you want, but you can only win one prize.

* If you need help finding something essential to the gaming experience, see this thread.

The Prizes:

First-place: a $25 DAZ3D GC, courtesy of robkelk
Second-place: a $20 DAZ3D GC, courtesy of Jaderail
Third-place: a $10 GC, courtesy of kurisu2112

Post edited by robkelk on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...cool, maybe Leela really does need to send those swarms of dazzling fluterbys that drain life essence after the PC's.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just wait KK, it just got a bit better. Or will when Rob checks in again. Hint I also want to play if allowed.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just wait KK, it just got a bit better. Or will when Rob checks in again. Hint I also want to play if allowed.
    You're allowed, and thank you!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if I can get it together in time. (I'm the only one with a sewing Machine helping out with the school play...)

edited December 1969

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if I can get it together in time. (I'm the only one with a sewing Machine helping out with the school play...)
    Family always comes first - I understand completely.
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

I'm kinda excited to see what comes outta this. :D

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

No entries yet? I have a few that I am trying to figure out. I guess I'll have to really try to find Studio time tonight and push one out.

edited December 1969

Well, I'm used to seeing no entries in the first day or two, but I'm used to the Freebie Challenge way of doing things...

I'm not going to give a GC to somebody who just describes a possible render.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I have some ideas but unfortunately probably won't have enough time to work on them before the deadline (busy month for me). Definitely interested to see what others come up with though!

edited December 1969

I have 2 renders in my head - the one going tonight (hopefully) is someone fighting the dragon on the screen. Another is what happens when the player and character don't agree with a decision.

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    No entries yet? I have a few that I am trying to figure out. I guess I'll have to really try to find Studio time tonight and push one out.

...patience Grasshopper, The path of updating, downloading, and installing can be fraught with error and failure which can often make one lose sight of one's goal.

[Translation] Yeah had issues with the latest update to the DIM crashing and getting the new version of 4.6 installed, but finally got them resolved as was able to download and install the Game Master's Tools.

edited April 2014

I said I would try to get this done tonight, and I did
    (edit)
    ::popping in sheepishly:: My husband pointed out that I didn't mention what software - Only the current version of Studio 4.6 - no postwork

e.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Zelroth on
    edited December 1969

...yay, entry #1. I like it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited April 2014

Can I play?

Software used - Carrara 8.5 & PSE11

Products - GameMasters game Board

I used the map image to create a height terrain and then postworked the rendered image in PSE11 to give it a grungy look ;-)

Also Used - a rock from Karacairns and water from Skull Rock & Dark tree with ivy... also Genesis with mole & 3DU cane for Rex.

GameMaster.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 727K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    I said I would try to get this done tonight, and I didSo you did!

Entry #1 is in the thread.

Can I play?

Of course you can play! Good to see some Poser-specific elements in a render, too - they're so often forgotten by people who think they can only use elements from DAZ3D in entries here.

Entry #2 is in the thread.

edited December 1969

kurisu2112 has just donated a $10 GC for the third-place entry. Thank you, kurisu2112!

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Rendered in Daz. Postwork in Photoshop. It's three separate renders blended in photoshop. Thanks.

metaverse.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 346K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Working on mine. Love those entered already. This has turned into very much fun for me. Bringing back the old days...

edited December 1969

lv426 said:
    Rendered in Daz. Postwork in Photoshop. It's three separate renders blended in photoshop. Thanks.
    Nifty, but let's not let Jack Chick see this one. :)

Entry #3 is in the house.

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    lv426 said:
    Nifty, but let's not let Jack Chick see this one. :)

Entry #3 is in the house.

Lets keep it on the dl :)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

If I find time, I should be entering something for this.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    If I find time, I should be entering something for this.
    You've got a week (and a few hours)...
    edited December 1969

Once again I have some ideas fighting for attention but my migraine wont let me on the computer long tonight,:-/

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Here's my entry. Hate those pesky natural 1s that pop up at the worst times? Well...

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Rendered in Daz 4.6

RPG.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 799K
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Here's my entry. Hate those pesky natural 1s that pop up at the worst times? Well...

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Rendered in Daz 4.6

Yeah, I've had games like that, too. The GM wasn't quite that much of a monster about it, though. :lol:

Entry #4 is in the thread - and we have ourselves a contest!

(Folks, don't make me roll a d4 to see who doesn't get a prize - submit more entries!)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    ZamuelNow said:

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Rendered in Daz 4.6

Yeah, I've had games like that, too. The GM wasn't quite that much of a monster about it, though. :lol:

Entry #4 is in the thread - and we have ourselves a contest!

(Folks, don't make me roll a d4 to see who doesn't get a prize - submit more entries!)

Natural 1 - Those happen quite frequently at our late night game. The most memorable is when the GM told my husband to roll anything but a 1, so he rolled a 1 and DIED. Ooops. The other way for a 1 to be rolled in that group is for our "dice whisperer" to say so and so will roll a 1. He gets a number of evil looks some nights. :lol:

I have another one in process. I hope to finish it Sunday.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i used to have a D6 that when rolled a certain way it almost always came up 6, some times 5, but like 90% of the time it came up 6. It was just badly weighted. My DM was looking at my character sheet and was like, "there is no way you rolled these scores", then i proceeded to roll nothing but sixes for like the next hour. After that I was no longer allowed to use that D6 for generating character stats

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

A reworking - with a different camera angle - of something I did a while back in a Behemoth render thread.

gamemaster.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Don't you just hate when the GM gets out the really big minis?

Entry #5 is in the thread!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited April 2014

Did not think I was going to have an entry, but just came up with this one...
    edit: daz render, postworked PSP XI

|:| Game On |:|

GameOn.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 445K
    Post edited by zawarkal on