I really need help please

TY3DArtTY3DArt Posts: 154
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I made an OBJ. in Zbrush and saved it as a OBJ file. I am getting lost in adding UV maps, Pain, and Texture. If anyone knows of a tutorial they can refer me to it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Here's one I found by Googling Hexagon UV mapping tutorials - there are dozens more :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBnJ4ShEF3I

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

If you gonna work with zbrush you really need to learn the basics in the program. I highly recomend the tutorials on pixologics site. Start from the beginning.
    http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I imagine Z-brush must have UV mapping and it would be a lot better than Hex?

edited April 2014

Zbrush is a fullblown modeling and texture app. However I still use hex when it comes to selecting the edges for the map. Make a quick unwrap no matter what it looks like and then take it to zbrush for refining it further with UvMaster.

Post edited by Ghostman on
  • TY3DArtTY3DArt Posts: 154
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your responses. I am going to attempt utilizing Hexagon. Here is my mold, I made in zbrush, I know how to use it well enough to mold but I am getting lost in the mapping area.. :(

Godzilla3.JPG
    1226 x 963 - 99K
    edited April 2014

Cool Godzilla creature. :)
    This is not an easy model to start uv mapping with if yr not used to it. If you can I would highly recomend that you pose yr figure into a Zero pose. (you can use Transpose Master for that)
    Then go down to yr lowest subdivision and use the ZRemesher in symmetry mode. After that you start to create Polygroups while still in Symmetry mode (X on the keyboard) Mask the area you want to create a Polygroup on. For this one I would have Hands, Arms, Legs and so on. Mask one group at a time and then go to the Polygroup tab and hit the Polygroup By Mask. Do this for the whole figure, and when done you go to UvMaster plugin and select Symmetry and Polygroups. Now you hit the Unwrap button. Once this is done you can start sculpting in details and then texture it.

Post edited by Ghostman on