Carrara 8.5 Pro Rendernode License Issue

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi guys, I'm just checking here to see if the rest of you are seeing the same thing that I do. I am re-installing rendernodes on my renderfarm to make sure I have the latest updates on everything. I enter in my serial number in the Register Carrara spot, and it asks to reboot. So far so good.

As it starts up I see my Serial number in the splash panel.. Ok, that is also good. But when I go back to Register Carrara it warns me in bold red letters that my trial has expired and the spot for my serial number is empty. It all SEEMS to be working, but are the rest of you seeing this as well? It seems to make the registration panel rather unclear, since it made me think my rendernode didn't take the serial number for a bit.

Jeff

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Windows or Mac? Either way, you may need to run as an administrator on Windows to enter the serial number and on a Mac, you may have to enable the root user to enter it and have it stick.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI BoojumBunny :)

I see the same thing here, on Win7 Pro 64bit.

If you look at the splash screen (About carrara), your name and serial should be there,. and to my mind that means it's validated and should be working with that serial ID,

Perhaps it's just a piece of "beta" serial code, someone forgot to remove.

:)

• edited December 1969

Yup, the correct serial number is on the splash screen... so my copy is definitely registered. But it still has that red Trial Expired in the registration window. Very strange. But this is a really low level bug.. just a bit confusing.

Boojum the brown bunny

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,194
    edited December 1969

Cheers Brown Bunny!
    Ummm... I haven't a clue about this stuff. Just wanted to say Hi!

• edited December 1969

*giggle* Well hi yourself! It's nice to meet friendly people in the forums, even if it's not about the immediate topic.

Boojum the brown bunny

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,194
    edited December 1969

*giggle* Well hi yourself! It's nice to meet friendly people in the forums, even if it's not about the immediate topic.

Boojum the brown bunny

Sorry... and then I find that you just posted another topic that I can relate to... how about that, eh?!!!
  • 3DPixLA3DPixLA Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is a Mac issue too. I downloaded a copy of Rendernode 8.5 from my downloads settings and when I input the S/N in Rendernode it won't accept my S/N either the original 8.5 or the one Daz sent out later to replace it.

The dialog box says not valid, also says my Trial has expired. Trying to install on a Mac Mini node running Lion OSX 10.8.5

Anyone know about this issue and how to fix it without having to contact Daz support (they don't reply to me when I ask something… maybe they don't like me!)

I really want to avoid that SUDU Terminal nonsense.

thanks

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

8.1 has the same issue on PC if you click the register button in Carrara and in the Carrara Render Node.

If it is showing in your splash screen and is working don't worry about it.

I think DAZ set it up that way so a serial could be reentered if it need to be fr some reason like a new key being issued at some point.

I asked about this when I first got Carrara and was told that if it was in my splash screen and not asking for it Carrara was registered.

The only Carrara issue I know with serials not sticking, even when running in Windows as an Admin, was with some of the inagoni plugins and the fix was to use the updated versions from ianagoni's site instead of the ones in the installers from DAZ.

• therixxtherixx Posts: 89

I have the same "trial expired" problem, but even as administrator this does not change. Hope it really is not important