Clear keyword filter?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have been working quite well with the new 4.5 beta. But just 40 minutes ago...For some reason, it is hiding my presets, and not letting me select items fully. It is like a search is enabled, but its not.

For example, I choose gis boots in the scene, but when I go to look at presets there are none, and it says under presets its not selected. I can however go to the editor menu and choose the boots, but even then, it won't let me access the shaders.;

Its very strange. I've checked to see if something was searched for in the right menu and on the left, but there is nothing.

However, it says

It says 'you may need to clear your keyword filter to see results'

but there a way to restore this to default to clear the keyword filter? Its not just this file, its eems to have caused problems with new files as well.

PS thanks for all your help..

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Do you have "All" selected on the Files sub-tab of the Smart Content tab? Or have you selected a sub-category?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Do you have "All" selected on the Files sub-tab of the Smart Content tab? Or have you selected a sub-category?

It can only select 'all' from the editor menu (see screenshot), . If I select All, it grays out the little tab and says 'no selection'

I've used the smart content for some time, and this glitch which isn't letting me use this, is frustrating/. Its like a search is enabled but there is none. I have lots of smart content too. And it happens even if I load a new file with a new genesis.

i see nothing in my filters and I see no way to clear the preferences. Is there one? I've attached a screenshot.

This is a clean install of everything. It took me 3 days to reinstall it all. . I used the program just last night, and I was working fine, but now it has gone bad again, and won't let me use any smart content.

The smart content doesn't appear, no matter whether I select genesis or deselect genesis.

bad.jpg
    800 x 450 - 48K
    edited December 1969

I upgraded last week to the new beta. Since I did this, I keep getting a bug which doesn't allow me to use smart content from the window which appears on the left marked PRESETS when I select genesis. It seems to think smart filter is enabled, and just puts up a screen telling me to clear the filter, and select something from the left to use smart content but I can't select anything from the left, I also can't find anything in smart filter. I get a grayed out box that says 'no selection.'

I also can no longer use the search feature to find content. It has stopped working.

I can however go through my content and manually select stuff from the right to pose and make genesis move, but this is too cumbersome.

I don't know what to do. I spent 4 days working with this, trying to get it to work but I cannot, get out of this. I did a clean install, restored it to factory defaults, and reinstalled all my content, and the bug is back.

Can I downgrade to the previous version without losing my library? Or is there something I'm not doing right that can be fixed?

You can see in the below screenshot, I cannot select genesis to load smart content. ITs grayed out fro some reason. I Can however choose her in the scene view.

genesis_selected.jpg
    800 x 450 - 48K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Merged second thread on same issue.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited July 2012

Looking at that most recent screenshot, you're not on the Smart Content tab. I'm not certain which tab that is honestly (though I think it is the shaping tab), screenshot is unfortunately unreadable for me. However, I am pretty sure that the Smart Content tab is the one above it. If you look at the right-hand edge of the left-tab group, you'll see you are in the middle tab. There's one above it and one below it. I'm pretty sure if you click the one above it Smart Content will return to be the way you're used to seeing it.

You also appear to be using the Full Service layout which is fairly "crippled." (e.g., it hides many things form you). You might try going to Window > Select Layout and choosing City Limits.

Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

Oh, sorry. Doesn't matter which tab I'm . Here is the same screenshot with smart content selected and genesis selcted in scene view. I cannot pull down the little tab to select her. It just gives that message 'where are my products" make a selection from the left. But I CAN"T. And as you can see, there is nothing in keyword filter.

new1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 197K
    edited December 1969

Yeah! I figured this issue out. There was a post earlier by Richard Haseltine about starting the daz content manager service. Somehow, it was stopped on my computer. once I started it up, I can find my smart content again! Thanks for your help. I only wish I had known that sooner, before I reinstalled everything. Oh well. I won't forget this time.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks SereneNight, just had this issue and glad I found the post!

• Yeah! I figured this issue out. There was a post earlier by Richard Haseltine about starting the daz content manager service. Somehow, it was stopped on my computer. once I started it up, I can find my smart content again! Thanks for your help. I only wish I had known that sooner, before I reinstalled everything. Oh well. I won't forget this time.

What was the solution? I don't see it in the comments. Thank you.