rdna michelle

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Got an email from rdna saying there is a new figure named Michele. Who is she? Will she work in ds4?

Right now I cannot read the product page as it is not cooperating with my kindle.

Has anyone gotten her?

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Haven't got her. But the email does say DAZ Studio compatible.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Studio - Yes
    Looks like a great figure, I buying her as soon as I get home.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Haven't got her. But the email does say DAZ Studio compatible.

Thanks. I cannot really read the email either. Something between being on a kindle and being tired due to not sleeping at all last night I cannot read rdnas email or site.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Michelle works in DS3 and DS4 but the WM version is Poser only. She's a great addition to your runtime.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Hmm might have to have a look, see if she needs some sci-fi outfits. Just a question if it's DS3 compatible then it wouldn't have weight mapping it would the old system and would work in poser 7 with a cr2 export ?

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Hmm might have to have a look, see if she needs some sci-fi outfits. Just a question if it's DS3 compatible then it wouldn't have weight mapping it would the old system and would work in poser 7 with a cr2 export ?

There are two versions included a WM version and a non-WM version for Studio and older Poser versions.

edited December 1969

Very impressed with it excellent rigging wow those arm bends are amazing great set of morphs, this has got a lot of potential, might build a suit prototype today. Thumbs up !!!

edited July 2012

It's like 2 clicks to convert a cr2 figure to a DS4 weight map I wonder why they didn't do that, guess they had their reasons.

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

So does this figure work with existing V4 clothing? It sounds like it's an entirely new figure with its own rigging system, and thus you'd have to convert stuff. (And Genesis proves just how hit & miss conversion is...) And without the benefit of a weight mapped version on Studio, I'm not sure I see the advantage to yet another new base figure. Especially with so little stuff available for it on launch.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    So does this figure work with existing V4 clothing? It sounds like it's an entirely new figure with its own rigging system, and thus you'd have to convert stuff. (And Genesis proves just how hit & miss conversion is...) And without the benefit of a weight mapped version on Studio, I'm not sure I see the advantage to yet another new base figure. Especially with so little stuff available for it on launch.

Hmm, my experience with genesis and converted clothes is different from yours. Other than shoes, about 90% of what i try works and considering that it is mesh and the rigging is initially different, that is pretty good odds IMO..

Michelle looks to have crossdresser support, so you should be able to get other figure clothes to work.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2012

Greetings,
    I need to preface this with the note that I probably won't pick it up, because I'm _not_ a Poser user, despite having 7 and 8, and my brief attempts to use V4.2 on DS4 have left me unwilling to touch non-Genesis characters except to convert them to Genesis. That said, I believe one of the things immediately available as part of the new release is a Crossdresser license, so you can convert clothes to Michelle from other characters. As cwichura notes, it's probably hit and miss, but it's available.

Choice is good; progress is good.

-- Morgan
    [Edit: Beaten to the punch! :) ]

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Charming figure. Her body looks like a cross between Miki & Stephanie; more naturally female. Very cute face too. I'm glad they considered Daz Studio users too even though it's not weight mapped for DS. Anyhoot I'm hooked on the versatility Genesis to go beyond just human figures. I hope Daz & Smith-Micro reconcile their differences to have Genesis cross platform between Poser & DS.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited July 2012

Looking at the promo page it pretty much looks like she is and will remain DS compatible to the exact extent that DS continues to support traditional poser rigging.

It also mentions that the "No Shader" versions of the MATS have DS3 versions.

I assume that "conventionally rigged" means that she has the same bones with the exact same internal names as most of the Smith Micro & Victoria figures. She will need her own clothing.

There is already a crossdresser 4 license listed.

In short, this is a new Poser figure, It will work in Daz Studio to the exact extent that future versions of Daz Studio continue to support traditional poser rigging & texturing.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited July 2012

Hey you guys and gals!

I'm a technical lead on the Michelle figure and I wanted to say thank you for the nice things you have said about the package.

On DS, yes a driving force there. Wanted to offer something that does work in DS 3 and higher. It might not be to the extent that some folks might want but it is handshake across the aisles (I hope that doesn't sound downright awful!!)

DSF forum question: I can probably say in all honestly that it is lack of experience with DS' system. That's certainly something to keep in the frontal lobe. I don't want to say that with expectations though just that any critique is certainly considered.

I did notice that DS cr2 exporter does change the internal name of the rotation dials upon export and I'm not quite sure how that would affect taking content out of DS. Going in though, it doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure if that changed in DS4's cr2 export. What I mean here is that DS wants xRotate to be xRot, which does affect the outcome of things.

I want to try very hard not to turn this into a commercial push into the commons but if you do have technical questions or comments about Michelle, you are also welcome to post at RDNA under the (regular) Poser forum. There is a Michelle forum there. It just makes it a bit easier to get responses to you in a timely manner, though I do drop by here once a day at least :) So it's truly up to you!

Joe

Post edited by Netherworks on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

It's like 2 clicks to convert a cr2 figure to a DS4 weight map I wonder why they didn't do that, guess they had their reasons.

Because that doesn't create a proper WM version, do that to V4 and it still bends just as bad as the original, all your doing is giving yourself a starting point, you have to adjust the rig and WM to get it to bend right, and that's not as easy as it sounds (converting A3 to Tri-ax atm is how I know this :-P ).
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Not a poser user so not much to draw me in, but I really love her texture :) Wish I could use it :(

edited December 1969

Well played with her in DS4.5 worked no problems at all the morphs inject without a hitch. I wouldn't convert her to a weight map version as some of the morphs stop working . But you really don't need them or sub-D, love the pose controls. For a small team they have done extremely well and brought it to a professional level. So my hats off to you, being a rigger myself I known how hard it is to strike a balance. So keep up the great work guys !!!

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I've been able to use her in DS3 and DS4 with great success and she does have beautiful bends. For what it's worth, I think she's a great addition to my runtime and she has a different look.

• edited December 1969

I grabbed her up, she is a pleasure to work with in PP2012. Haven't got the extra morph pack yet, but was antsy to try her out, so this is just the base with some twists to the included morphs.

brightenthosesummerblues.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 458K