Announcement: Evil Beware! Genesis Supersuit is here!

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

jcadiram said:
    That looks amazing Sal UK... I've been I'm a quandary about buying it too and was thinking of just getting base myself but wondered how much I'd actually be able to achieve with it.. You've answered my question. It looks amazing! Is this all achieved with just the base suits morphs and mats?!

Sal UK said:
    Just messing around could only afford the base so thought I would mess with the morphs. I was hesitant to buy the suit as I have bought all the body suits and never used any of them so thought do I really need another, but real glad a bought this one.

Hi jcadiram
    Yes it was done with just the base morphs I just hid all of genesis exept V5's head and shaped the supersuit.

Sal.

• Dark PlaceDark Place Posts: 1
    edited May 2012

Downloaded Supersuit and every time I try to put the suit onto my Genesis model and my program crashes. It shuts down the Studio program. And when I go to help I get an error message. Is anyone else having this problem? The regular suit works fine.

When I try to get to the site I get this message:

I fixed the problem, I downloaded the latest version of Daz Studio.

Error3.JPG
    747 x 558 - 110K
    Error2.JPG
    659 x 369 - 34K
    Error.jpg
    382 x 129 - 34K
    Post edited by Dark Place on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited December 1969

Asobi wearing supersuit with preset Duo - Captain Champion.
    I post as a two images to keep the forum happy ;-)
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4 Pro.

Asobi03pic01lower.jpg
    600 x 598 - 127K
    Asobi03pic01upper.jpg
    598 x 600 - 127K
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

sir 4 said:
    Downloaded Supersuit and every time I try to put the suit onto my Genesis model and my program crashes. Is anyone else having this problem? The regular suit works fine.

The most common reason for a crash when loading the suit is a version of DS4 that is too old.

you shouldn't use anything older than 4.0.3.47, but really the most recent one is always the best idea.

4.5 beta would even be a good idea.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    you shouldn't use anything older than 4.0.3.47, but really the most recent one is always the best idea.

4.5 beta would even be a good idea.

Except that the plugins do not yet work with 4.5 beta

I have had 2 Genesis in the same scene each wearing the SS in DS 4.0.3.47 and it did not crash. I do however recommend changing each genesis resolution level to the base level until your ready to do your final render. It'll help speed up scene navagation a lot.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

having a lot of fun with the supersuit! it's awesome!

just playing with this one - even superheroes get bored waiting for work sometimes. :D

evensuperherosneedrest_rendo.jpg
    600 x 734 - 382K
  • WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Here's some quick renders of the shaders on other things other than the Supersuit

Thanks alot, Knight, I appreciate the assistance. And a shaggy car! Well, that's just awesome. I really like the shader on the mask render.

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

I guess I better get it, I wasn't sure but seeing some of the things people are pulling off... well I'm sold.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I didn't realize the morphs for the super suit were done so well.

The color coding of materialzone/morph zones was brilliant.

This raises the bar for all future releases!

And the materials are so good that I am actually re-evaluating my use of DS. As a carrara user I have always been disapointed with daz studio materials - only using reality. But now I dug in a little and figured out that DS materials are a lot more powerful than I had thought.

I'm very impressed with the Super Suit.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What sort of morphs does the suit have? On the description it just says x morphs which could mean anything. Are they just body-shape morphs or do they affect the shape of the suit in other ways? Do they make the mesh bulge out for instance or are they zips and seams as the M4 bodysuit had?

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    What sort of morphs does the suit have? On the description it just says x morphs which could mean anything. Are they just body-shape morphs or do they affect the shape of the suit in other ways? Do they make the mesh bulge out for instance or are they zips and seams as the M4 bodysuit had?

in this thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601/ DAZ_Rand has posted some earlier videos that are very informative - it shows the morphing etc of the supersuit.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

What I miss is a TEXTURE TEMPLATE. It's great that all the Mat-Zones can manipiulated with shaders and textures, but what, when I would like to add a logo on the suit, that goes over different Mat-Zones? :ohh:

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

In the videos there is mention of sample color presets...

I know it was stated that the videos are based on older versions, but are the color presets still included? I couldn't find them anywhere.

Those would be pretty useful to have - especially beacuse of the little trick of right clicking and selecting similar colors...

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

What I miss is a TEXTURE TEMPLATE. It's great that all the Mat-Zones can manipiulated with shaders and textures, but what, when I would like to add a logo on the suit, that goes over different Mat-Zones? :ohh:

I was wondering about this too. It'd be a great use of the Layer Image Editor to have logos and symbols available. Another idea if to have geografted chest plates that offer a beveled region on which to add the logos. Perhaps a future product idea...?

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:

I was wondering about this too. It'd be a great use of the Layer Image Editor to have logos and symbols available. Another idea if to have geografted chest plates that offer a beveled region on which to add the logos. Perhaps a future product idea...?

There is a template that exists. Ill get it for you as soon as i get back to my main computer on Monday.... unless someone else posts it first.

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:

check my post here

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/100/P135

for a cool trick on how to do logos

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910
    edited December 1969

A few renders done with some of the included presets...

Fury_pink_small.jpg
    600 x 800 - 335K
    test_supersuit_saphire_small.jpg
    600 x 800 - 339K
    edited December 1969

And this one is a totally custom one I made just playing with the suit morphs and included shaders.
    Working with the suit is really fun :-)

supersuit_custom_small.jpg
    600 x 800 - 287K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous renders!!! :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I like that last one. Will have to have another play.:-)

edited December 1969

Gorgeous renders!!! :)
    Thanks Alisa :)
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Of course the included presets are really nice but I find playing with the suit myself way more funny. And the included shader presets are awesome.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited May 2012

Thought I'd post one here.
    Used the visual Toon shaders on the suit.

SStooned-1sm.jpg
    618 x 800 - 197K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

An other one

baddysm.jpg
    566 x 800 - 224K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Fantastic product, love it!

This is my first render, using three suits in it :)

2012-05-25_Superhero_DAZForum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Very nice image!

edited May 2012

Leana said:
    wilmap said:
    Of course the included presets are really nice but I find playing with the suit myself way more funny. And the included shader presets are awesome.

i love what you did with that last one too! :D

this is going to be a really DUMB question, but when people say the "included SHADER presets", which bits are they referring to????

edit: OMG!!! i just found them! i had NO idea there was a folder in Shader Presets called Supersuit!!!!!!!! Gah. I kept scratching my head trying to work out WHAT these shader presets everyone was talking about!!!! :red:

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    These videos are "first draft" quality from an early version of the suit. I am currently redoing them to bring them up to date.

It struck me, however, that you might benefit more from seeing them than not so here you go. Keep in mind that the basic prionciples are solid, but some of the details are off.

To help you figure out the suit here are 9 videos that will get you started.

Password = ninjareview

1. http://vimeo.com/36569135
    2. http://vimeo.com/36569136
    3. http://vimeo.com/36569138
    4. http://vimeo.com/36569140
    5. http://vimeo.com/36569142
    6. http://vimeo.com/36569642
    7. http://vimeo.com/36569643
    8. http://vimeo.com/36569857
    9. http://vimeo.com/36569858

Jaki please watch these!!

XO

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Skipped using the presets and created my own as I could only afford the Base Suit.

Really glad I bought it though its amazing.

Sal.

Sci-Fi.jpg
    800 x 660 - 291K
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jakiblue

Thanks for the link to the videos.