Install 4.35 or 4.5

SkyshorrSkyshorr Posts: 28
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi folks, I purchased Daz 4 Pro, back in Oct or Nov, 2011.
I have beeen so busy that I have not installed the new free versions, (Feb 2012), which one should I now install, 4.35 or 4.5?
Also, I believe, I made and error by placing my save scenes file onto a 2 terra bite hard drive in the tower, rather than regular C drive.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Hi Skyshorr! :)

I can't say which one you should install but I can give you some information on both versions. Hopefully someone else will come in and cover anything I may miss, but...

(I've been out two weeks so my info may be outdated)

Anyway...

Last I knew, the 4.35 version was the current "official version" and updated plugins work with it. ( Like Reality).
    Version 4.5 is still in beta ( I believe) and many bugs have been fixed as well as an improvement to the shader mixer (so I have heard) but the new plugins have not been updated for it yet because many are waiting for the sdk to get out of beta.

Well, that's what I knew as of two weeks ago anyway...hope it helps you!! :)

• SkyshorrSkyshorr Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Thanx, I will go 3.5

• SkyshorrSkyshorr Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I should add a bigger thanx!, as I always assume 'user error' with any program.

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skyshorr said:
    Also, I believe, I made and error by placing my save scenes file onto a 2 terra bite hard drive in the tower, rather than regular C drive.
    Any thoughts?

That's really not an "error", unless you want them somewhere else. You can save your scenes anywhere you like. You can load your scenes from any drive by using the file/load (and browse) drop down menu, you can of course then use "save as" to save the scene anywhere else you may want it (or simply move the file in windows). If you use the content library/manager you can save the scene to any library folder you want, so the icon will be accessible. Hope that makes sense to you.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Personally I am liking 4.5 RC 2 better than 4.0.3.47. Yes there are still some smallish bugs but so far with what I do thay haven't casued me too much anxiety.