Some more characters from my game - see if you can guess who

phil_ffd678f3c1phil_ffd678f3c1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey All,

I've got loads of programming ahead today so I thought I'd lighten my mood by sharing some characters from my game. Try and guess which people these characters are based on. There is a little icon next to each to give you a clue. Any resemblance to people living are deceased is purely coincidental - especially if you know my modelling ability :)

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Are these based on dad models? If so did you buy the game license for daze original models?

Or did you modem them from scratch?

• phil_ffd678f3c1phil_ffd678f3c1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This models were all made with the Jason and Jasmine 3dUniverse models. Some of the clothes and accessories are modelled by me.

In regards to licencing, these characters are 2d sprites and I am not distributing the original models so there is no requirement for a games licence.

edited December 1969

Is the girl with the lolly pop suposed to be Katy Perry? I do not know much about her but she seems to like candy.

Okay 2d sprites are good. You can do that. What is your game about? Will it be free, or pay or in game purchases?

edited December 1969

Is this an iphone or aneroid game? I have an iphone and a kindle fire which is a tablet computer based on the aneroid engine. If it is for aneroid please put it in the amazon store so I can try it.

edited December 1969

It will be ported to Android. The development kit I use will do both Android and iOS. My intention is to launch both platforms at the same time but because I am self funding the project (and am running out of money) I might need to do iOS first and then do Android. It will definitely get to Android but it might be 2 weeks later.

Once I finish the programming (2 weeks) I will post up a website.

edited December 1969

Is the girl with the lolly pop suposed to be Katy Perry? I do not know much about her but she seems to like candy.

Okay 2d sprites are good. You can do that. What is your game about? Will it be free, or pay or in game purchases?

The blonde lady isn't Katy Perry though I did think about basing a character on her. I won't give it away just yet but the lollipop has a very specific relationship to that persion.

The game will be a $0.99 one on Google Play and iTunes. It is a satirical piss-take of our celebrity culture and is a cross between whack-a-mole and fruit ninja - with upgrades and boss fights. Don't try and visualise it, it'll do your head in :)

edited December 1969

I am using a kindle fire and it does not have google play to my knowledge. I can get ape from the amazon app store though.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

#1 not sure.
    #2 is Lady Gaga
    #3 is Mark Zuckerburg
    #4 is Steve Jobs
    #5 Not sure
    #6 is Samual L Jackson
    #7 is Obama
    #8 not sure.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

I think #5 is Kim Kardashian and the last one is Oprah.

edited December 1969

I am using a kindle fire and it does not have google play to my knowledge. I can get ape from the amazon app store though.

I'll look into getting onto amazon to run on kindle fire. I have had a couple of games industry friends suggest that as well. I'll have to buy or borrow a kindle fire to test it.

edited December 1969

I'll look into getting onto amazon to run on kindle fire. I have had a couple of games industry friends suggest that as well. I'll have to buy or borrow a kindle fire to test it.

Thanks for trying.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

#2 Kate Perry
    #4 Gordon Freeman.
    #6 Samuel Jackson
    #7 Obama

edited December 1969

#2 Kate Perry
    #4 Gordon Freeman.
    #6 Samuel Jackson
    #7 Obama

I do not think the second one is Katy Perry.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

saw and commented on your YouTube video :-)
    I have an Android tablet, so far have not bought any games so yours when you release it might be the first!