Missing Teeth Morphs for Genesis + simple video on how to hide the other teeth.

Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in Freebies

More dental work, this time suggested by Tramp Graphics in a thread that now has dropped of the front page.

A set of twelve morphs to individually hide the upper and lower front teeth on Genesis.
The morphs are numbered after the Universal Numbering System for teeth used in U.S. It is the least confusing numbering system I found.
The smaller teeth in the picture was made by setting all morphs to 15%

Link to shareCG
Link to Renderosity

Edit:
I made a simple video with Jing on how to hide the other teeth by making a new surface/material grope. There is no keyboard/mouse click monitor so you have to use some imagination. To expand the selection I repeated ctrl++ a few times, each teeth is a separate mesh so the selection will not grow outside the tooth.

To video

Cheers! Oom

Post edited by Oom Fooyat on

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Sweet. These will definitely come in handy.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

That's what the Genesis Kids and Witches need. Thanks for that great morph.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I can't find the thread for your other teeth morphs, so thanks for both!!!

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are all welcome!

I can't find the thread for your other teeth morphs, so thanks for both!!!

Link to previous thread

Cheers! Oom

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thank you this is very useful...all we need now are some good teeth textures.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

You are welcome Pen! Well, you might want a better model too. I have spent some time close to Genesis' teeth and gums and they are surprisingly sloppy modelled. So be a bit careful with the closeups. I have not checked if it has been tidied up in the gen 3, 4 and 5 figures.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

You are welcome Pen! Well, you might want a better model too. I have spent some time close to Genesis' teeth and gums and they are surprisingly sloppy modelled. So be a bit careful with the closeups. I have not checked if it has been tidied up in the gen 3, 4 and 5 figures.

I know what you mean...I think some realistic textures would certainly help though. The teeth are so white it looks like someone has overkilled with the whitening toothpaste.

I've always thought the teeth needed more morph options and yours certainly look good. I love the missing front teeth...I have kids in my grade who haven't got their front teeth.

edited July 2012

Simple video instruction on how to hide the other teeth, added in first post.

TeethVid1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

I know what you mean...I think some realistic textures would certainly help though. The teeth are so white it looks like someone has overkilled with the whitening toothpaste.

I've always thought the teeth needed more morph options and yours certainly look good. I love the missing front teeth...I have kids in my grade who haven't got their front teeth.

It is a very charming look, at least with children.
    I am thinking about a proper baby teeth morph but I have to smooth out the gums. I think it will have to be done by hand and that is not a fun job.

edited December 1969

After fishing some on the net :roll: I found ways to make the gum smoothing with out to much work. But everything else got very complicated, like negative values in the open mouth pose don't work.

teeth3c.jpg
    400 x 400 - 31K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

After fishing some on the net :roll: I found ways to make the gum smoothing with out to much work. But everything else got very complicated, like negative values in the open mouth pose don't work.

Looking good so far. What other complications are arising and have you come up with any potential fixes yet?

edited December 1969

Looking good so far. What other complications are arising and have you come up with any potential fixes yet?
    Looks good but unfortunately do not work well with the teeth and has to be redone. There are a few other snags too.
    I have only done straight mesh morphs so far, nothing that involve rigging and I don't know how to do it. The plan is to learn some day but it is not a high priority at the moment. With out a negative Open Mouth pose infant baby teeth will not work well.
    To get the teeth to behave I have to make about three modifiers (blenders counterpart to morphs) each, that will add up to about a hundred modifiers. Just keeping track of the modifiers and having them organised will be a much bigger challenge than making them.
    Unfortunately it looks like this project is growing a bit too big to be fun.

Cheers! Oom

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Hmm. My toothless 8-year-old hero has too many teeth in the Genesis version.

I have your Oom_Fooyat folder in my library:

C:\Users\Tom\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Oom_Fooyat

but I don't find your morphs, or whatever they're called in DS4 under "Mouth."

Teeth.png
    800 x 450 - 255K
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Try the Parameters tab, under Actor->Head->Face->Mouth.

edited December 1969

New morphs will not update in existing figures, at least not in DS4.0. Try load a new Genesis and see if you can find the morphs there.

To update an existing Genesis figurer.

Save your file, just in case.
    Select the figure in the scene tab.
    Load a new default Genesis.
    You will get a dialogue-box titled "Load New Copy or Change Selected"
    Select "Apply this Character to the currently selected Figure(s)" and "Accept"
    Your figure will disappear and you will get a default grey Genesis instead.
    Don't panic.
    Hit Ctrl+z or "Undo" in the "Edit" menu and your figure will repaper with the new morphs.

Hope that will help.

Cheers! Oom

edited December 1969

I checked your homepage Torby, I like your stories!

Oom

edited December 1969

Oh, here we go. Now he's quite toothless. I panicked when he turned to a gray woman, and reloaded my file, but your instructions worked fine, once I read the "don't panic when" part.

TrotGenB.jpg
    733 x 617 - 100K
    edited December 1969

Oh, thanks! At first I got a little flack from the other cartoon renderers over his half a superhero getup.

I think I also just learned how to use K4 in DS4, so I might use my K4 version of Trotwood.

I have a couple ideas for next story, and of course, there's the green K4 lizard kid who I made for a story but never used.