New game nearly done but slight issue

phil_ffd678f3c1phil_ffd678f3c1 Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Hey All, I reckon my new iOS and Android game will be ready for testing in 2-3 weeks.

Why am I mentioning it here? Well, because all the artwork was done using DAZ Studio models. I did the animation in Motionbuilder but all the rendering in DAZ. 99% of the models are based on Jason and Jasmin from 3dUniverse.

Anyway, here is the problem I am having. This guy's shoulder is tearing and I think it is due to some auto smoothing or fitting. I'm not sure how to turn it off. It looks great in MB (so the weight maps are fine) and it looks great for about 2 seconds in DAZ before DAZ performs some magic trick that destroys it.

Help! I have attached a picture of the problem. My croquet mallet wielding butler has serious shoulder pain.

P.S. I have attached a couple of other characters from my game for fun but there are no problems with them, just the butler swinging the mallet.

PROBLEM SOLVED: well sort of. I decided to follow best practice and just fix the animation in motion builder so it was less extreme and thus didn't break the rig in DAZ. I'm sure there must be a way to do this in DAZ and when I come across it I will repost.

Post edited by phil_ffd678f3c1 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2012

Don't you need a game license from Daz?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • phil_ffd678f3c1phil_ffd678f3c1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not really a reply to my question but no, these characters are 2d sprites and not distributed 3d models. My game is a 2d game masquerading as 3d. :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2012

try rendering with interactive update on for the shirt in your mesh smoothing options. Is that tearing happening before you render the image?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • phil_ffd678f3c1phil_ffd678f3c1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Zev0, the tear is happening before the render. When I scrub through the animation the mesh holds it's shape nicely when I first move into the above frame but then DAZ takes over and tears it.