Jepe's DAZ M4 Character MAT Updates + free lightset

jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
edited July 2012 in Freebies

I just started updating all my existing DAZ M4 characters to include Poser9/Poser Pro2012 SR2 MATs (with different Scatter Groups) and "Auto-Genesis" MATs for Genesis DS4 (you now don't have to choose the UV Set - Genesis takes automatically the right one (M4). :))

First updates are now available via my homepage: www.jepegraphics.de

The zips only contain updated MAT files and thumb images, no INJ files or textures. You need the original products for the new MATs to work properly. They are all available here in the DAZ store.

A free Poser 7++ HDR Light Preset is also available there, I use it as a standard lighting for almost all my Poser scenes with characters and skin. It's easy adjustable for all outdoor or indoor sceneries with upping or lowering the HDR Ambient Light and to position the "sun" where you need it.

Updates are available for: Jonah M4, Ian-Pierre M4, FGH Pack, Enzo M4, Clive/Dax and Benny today. I will add more updates as soon as they are ready.

Post edited by jepegraphics on

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

very nice Jepe
    thanks

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited December 1969

I'm currently working on Adrian M4's P9 SSS and DS3++ EHSS MATs, I think I have the update ready tomorrow, hopefully. :)

edited December 1969

Adrian New MATs are now available on my site. :)

Adrian01PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 35K
    edited December 1969

I have now added Zeno M4 to the product updates on my jepegraphics.de site. :)

Zeno01PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 33K
    edited December 1969

Two new product updates added today, Yves M4 and Wade/Xenon Double Feature. :)

WadeXenon01PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 41K
    Yves01PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 32K
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Cool. Thank you.

edited December 1969

If you own Vasco M4, give him a fresh look with newly created MATs!

Vasco01PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 33K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

I love buying your products so I thank you for the updates and eagerly look forward to your next products!:-)

edited July 2012

I've added the 2.0 trio now too - means Rodan 2.0, Sang 2.0 and Tye 2.0.
    (Note: new MATs only for the 2.0 versions, NOT for the originals!)

Tye201PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 35K
    Sang201PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 36K
    Rodan201PUI.jpg
    510 x 170 - 35K
  • RhFactorRhFactor Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this Jepe, I love your products and the way you support previously released sets.

edited December 1969

Because I think it's totally worth it! :) The scatter node in Poser 9 / PP2012 brings new life to the skin and it's so much fun to see the characters shining again! And for those who love to play with Genesis in DS4, with the new Auto MATs it's so much easier. If you own Gen4/GenX you can of course bring all the character morphs into DS, but that's not really necessary, the textures speak for themselves and morph wise you can play and find the look you want.
    (I spoke with DAZ to make a morph set for Genesis with all the characters, but that's not possible, so after updating my previous characters I move on to completely new ones. :))
    But not for Genesis, not as long as it is fully compatible with Poser, and this will take a while, if then ever this will happen.
    Thanks for your nice words, RhFactor, very much appreciated. :)

edited December 1969

Just a short note, I had to exchange the Ian-Pierre New MATs zip, there was a problem with the lashes displacement, it was a bit too strong, looked not that good in close ups. But now it's fine! :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Just a short note, I had to exchange the Ian-Pierre New MATs zip, there was a problem with the lashes displacement, it was a bit too strong, looked not that good in close ups. But now it's fine! :)

Just wanted to check: is there anything in the new Ian-Pierre MATs that Studio users need to care about? I downloaded and opened the zip, and discovered that it's the only one of the characters I've downloaded so far that has nothing but PZ files, and no DS files -- I'm guessing that's because he shipped with the Genesis autoUV feature?

And thank you for all of these great updates!

edited July 2012

Thank you for mentioning, vwrangler, for Ian-Pierre there were no changes in the DAZ Studio files, only the PZ2s are new with new settings for skin, eyes and lashes displacement is set correctly now! lol
    He already comes like Jonah with Genesis Auto MATs. It also stands on the green images I posted here and on my sites. :)

vwrangler said:
    Jepe said:

Just wanted to check: is there anything in the new Ian-Pierre MATs that Studio users need to care about? I downloaded and opened the zip, and discovered that it's the only one of the characters I've downloaded so far that has nothing but PZ files, and no DS files -- I'm guessing that's because he shipped with the Genesis autoUV feature?

And thank you for all of these great updates!

IPPromoDAZ01.jpg
    615 x 800 - 132K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

very much appreciated!

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Thanks for these updates, I and my Poser Pro 2012 thank you.

edited December 1969

DAZ Q/A is currently working to incorporate all these updates into the product installers. I will leave a note here of course when the work is done, all you need to do then would be to find the products in the purchase history in your account to be able to reset it.

Btw, I've made new promo images for Vasco with the new PoserPro 2012 skin settins, take a look here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jepes-vasco/

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I need to ask a question, maybe I'm not doing something right (which is probably the case). I just bought the M4 Body hair. How do I work it? I mean when I try to add the facial hairs the face disappears and leave a floating moustache/beard or even the body disappears at the chest when adding body hair. How does it work? I'm still new at Daz and learning...about MAT, Textures etc...

edited December 1969

Which program do you work with, DAZ Studio or Poser? Which version?

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am working with the Daz 4.5..I tried it in ver 3 and got the same thing

edited August 2012

That's really nice to hear, because that make things easier.
    At first I would recommend you take a little time to read the Readme and the Product Documentation that were delivered with Project M4 Hairy to get a slightly overview about the content and how it works. I'm sorry, it is necessary, because the product is a little complex with a variety of options.
    Second, if you work with DS 4.5 - do the following, build up your M4 character like you would normally do, load M4 into the scene, give him a morph and a texture and maybe also a pose already. You can also use Genesis of course, but you must make sure that he's in the M4 UV Mapping mode. Then you can create a geometry shell via the "Create" menue. This geometry shell is like a second skin around the main character and it's there to to take the MATs from the M4 Hairy project - first Body Hair, then face hair - in that order. You don't need any of the Utility poses becasue the shell already has an offset from the original skin set.
    Project M4 Hairy is generally meant to work on a second figure that lays above the main figure. In Poser for instance you simply duplicate the first figure, apply the Bodyhair Utility Pose on that second figure and then use the MATs to get body hair on it with the original skin looking through. In DS3 you would simply built up your character, save it then as a scene and "Merge" this scene (File Menu) again into the existing scene to get an exact copy of the main figure which you then can apply the Bodyhair Morph and MATs.
    Is this somehow understandable?