wishing more shaping sliders started at midpoint

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

too many shaping sliders start at far left. Thus, you can only increase the size of things and not decrease. Not all of them do this but an awful lot of them do and its frustrating when trying to get that perfect shape. Thighs, for example. I can't decrease them manually, only increase but if I feel they already look just slightly too buldgy im stuck.

If there;s a workaround for this Id love to hear it but if not, Id love to see a morph pack upgrade for genesis that helps with this.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you click on the little gear wheel icon on the slider, and select Parameter Settings ..., you can set the range of values to whatever you want, including minus ones.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

If you click on the little gear wheel icon on the slider, and select Parameter Settings ..., you can set the range of values to whatever you want, including minus ones.

I... I love you.

edited December 1969

:-)

Everybody does, I think it's my aftershave :P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:-)

Everybody does, I think it's my aftershave :P

That's aftershave? I thought it was just Pond with trees. :cheese:
    edited December 1969

Ha Ha ...:-) Naughty Jeff.

Myabe I should try stagnant pond water, it may keep the ladies away, but then again.....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited April 2014

...apologies for thread necromancy, but how do you save changes to parameter settings. For example I transferred an "INJ" character head morph with GenX, but the slider has a range of -10 to +10. I know how to edit the range (basically changing it to "0" min, "1" max) but every time I reopen the application it reverts back to the "-10" min "+10" max.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited April 2014

Edit - Save As - Support Asset - Save Modified Assets... (careful with this one because it will try to save everything that you modified) or save it as morph asset(s) with same name and location to overwrite existing one.

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...what if I leave everything set at zero?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited April 2014

"Save modified assets", or "save as morph" with same name, can overwritte setting of parameter, in data morph.dsf.

But you can save Actor (genesis) as scene subset with keeping each property setting without overwrite data dsf.

When you need zero morphed Genesis with no limits morphs, (or original setting=min -2 max 2 etc)
    after change property limits, then save the Actor as scene subset . It do not overwrite morph dsf file.
    so taht it is safe.

But unfortunately,, if you apply another character preset, it usually return your morph setting,
    untill you save modified assets and record the setting in dsf of data directory.

About save as property preset, (And I thought the preset is expected for such purpose)
    it can not work, it only record current value in the duf.

if you set minus value,, and save as property preset,
    then apply the property preset,, ds ask you change limits or not,, .and can apply the minus value.
    but can not record and load your original setting about the property.

I think property preset may need to work for such purpose too.
    (not only about value,, "each original setting of parameter", as preset)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on