Abstract art is brilliant! [Commercial] But it is...

David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
edited December 1969 in The Commons

OK, if you can resist the temptation to shoot me down in flames - at least until I finish this sentence - abstract art is brilliant... because it is really good value. And it is good value because that's the way Horo and I wanted it. What we've done is put together 200+ example scenes and 14 video tutorials with the express aim of appealing to those of you who've picked up Bryce 7.1 Pro for free (very wise of you) and have not yet got around to doing anything much with it. Abstract images are a way of exploring one facet of Bryce's functionality without the burden of needing a super computer or an encyclopaedic knowledge of the software to get started. Here's a link to the product. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/bryce-7-pro-abstract-wallpapers/ And this is what it looks like...

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This jumped into my cart so fast it left a smoke trail :coolsmirk:

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    This jumped into my cart so fast it left a smoke trail :coolsmirk:

Thank you Pam! I hope this means you've finally got your hands on a computer powerful enough to run Bryce 7.1 Pro?

edited December 1969

I have the money, I have the specs all drawn up, just need some indication that things are getting back to normal, so I will be able to find the time for a reinstall, and I will ask them to build it for me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have the money, I have the specs all drawn up, just need some indication that things are getting back to normal, so I will be able to find the time for a reinstall, and I will ask them to build it for me.

Oh Pam... well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I dread any kind of rebuilding/reinstalling. As for restoring normality... I think it will take more than crossing my fingers. Oh dear...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

If those were pdf and not video tutorials I would have bought at once ... sniff.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

:ohh:

:P ::drools::

Sorry. Can hardly wait!!!
    (In the cart, but need another comp, too.)

Post edited by Cyn Art on
    edited December 1969

Sorry Kerya, I checked the files, there are no PDF's. If you are looking for written Bryce tutorials there are quite a few here now, http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html and more in the pipeline.

Thank's Cyn Art, I hope you enjoy them!

edited December 1969

Sorry for whining ... I know, videos are the future ... but I am not a native english speaker and following video tutorials just isn't how I am able to learn.
    I love your ability to render beautiful pictures with Bryce.

edited December 1969

I can actually understand what your are sayin Kerya. I learnt to speak german when I was younger, and nowadays I find I can read, and to a certain extent write, more german than I can actually speak. Not sure why this should be, but it does happen.

edited December 1969

Well, I put it in my wishlist. One day I will try to figure things out from the included scenes.
    Bryce is so much fun!

edited December 1969

We like to provide some form of documentation with a product, sometimes it is text, often it is video, sometime is it text and video. It is not always easy to decide which is best. Other than to say, both! But unfortunately we have day jobs and time is limited. Most people seem to prefer video, but we accept it is not for everyone. Your objection is reasonable, I don't consider it whining. Once the website is fixed and can report again on the status of products, I will go back to looking at updating older products, as I did with East Coast HDRI. I will also consider adding in tutorials or docs at that point - again - time permitting.

edited December 1969

Thank you for being so nice!
    Honestly.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

I first got started in 3D art about 8 years ago or so with Bryce abstracts. I can you I am really looking forward to getting my hands on those scene files.
    Thanks guys!