understanding the usage

SirBrian4jcSirBrian4jc Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

i was wondering does the usage agreement mean that i can make my own models on hexagon but i may not put them in my game engine and publish the game with this model in it?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Nope, the terms only apply to the software and any content that comes with or is sold for it. Any and all original content/items you make belong to you and only to you.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SirBrian4jcSirBrian4jc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am wondering since daz, hexagon, and bryce are free does that mean we my use them and publish anything i make in hexagon ?
    i use the game engine torque 3d and i was going to if i can make models in hexagon animate in daz and then export to colada in daz is that allowed

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Yes you can use the programs for commercial use.

edited July 2012

Yes you may. Only copyrighted content has restrictions. Your own content belongs to you. You are not allowed to alter others work and use it, most if not all content form daz can be used in all Renders /still images and all forms of animation even as sprites in games. You are not allowed to use the original mesh objects in games without a Gamers License and then only for the items that are sold under that license.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2 threads on the same subject merged into one.

• edited December 1969

I'm new to Daz and would eventually (once I get good at it), sell my artwork on posters and what not. I was wondering, based on the previous posts, if this is okay under the terms of usage. I just want to make sure it's okay before I put the effort into something and then find out I can't sell the artwork. Any clarification/help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm having fun learning Daz.

edited December 1969

You can sell any artwork made with DS. All bought content can be used (DAZ). Some Free items from the free sites have restrictions in the Readmes. I never keep an item that says not for commercial use.
    All DAZ content is for commercial use in art work or animations.

• edited December 1969

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure, considering how labyrinthine copyright law can be. Very much appreciated.

• edited December 1969

Would that include all content available for sale in the store or only content produced by DAZ? Sorry to be such a stickler, but I want to save on any possible hassles and money when deciding which content to get. Thanks.

edited December 1969

All content. Once you buy it you have the rights to produce all the art you like with it.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderall. You've been a really big help.

edited December 1969

Your more than welcome. Have fun rendering.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Can I take a primitive in hexagon modify it into a more complex object or figure and texture it and sell it or give it away?

edited December 1969

Can I take a primitive in hexagon modify it into a more complex object or figure and texture it and sell it or give it away?
    Yes, Hexagon can create its own primatives. No need to take one into it. But all your steps would be fine as it would still be a item you created from scratch.