Fantasy Stump Prop Set for Daz Studio 4.6

fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
edited December 1969 in Freebies

This prop comes with the stump/ground, 3 ivy props, and a rock. The genesis figure in the picture is to give you an idea of scale.

It is uploaded at ShareCg and I am waiting on approval at Renderosity

Download At ShareCG

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

That's a beautiful piece of work. I can think of a couple of million uses for it right of the top of my head. Thanks very much. Don't be surprised if it ends up in the monthly freebie contest thread a few times...

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to see what you come up with

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this, it looks really nice. Can we get the link for background too :)

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Thanks for this, it looks really nice. Can we get the link for background too :)

If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to my freebies at Renderosity

edited December 1969

I've downloaded and installed the stump prop and when trying to load it into a scene I get a message that it's missing the .dsf files. So far as I can tell, I've got everything in the right place (I think...) in Studio 4.6. You might want to have a look at your files or see if anybody else is getting the same error message. If not, I've messed it up somewhere and will try a reinstall. Still, it doesn't deter me from thinking that it'll make some great images.

edited December 1969

Okay I'll take a look and make sure everything is together

edited December 1969

Okay I took my original files off the pc. Reimported my meta data for my entire runtime, cleaned my pc and etc. Then I installed the version I uploaded and it's working fine. If you click ok or whatever on the popup does the items load?

edited March 2014

Okay, I haven't had the chance to reinstall just yet, but what I was getting was the pop-up window telling that the .dsf is missing. I click ok, and I get this great big marshmallowly cube thing...or little marshmallowy cube, depending on which object I try to load into the scene. I had this happen once before, and dogged if I can remember on what, and I don't think it ever did correct itself. Let me go back and try to reinstall the whole file and see what happens. I'll keep you posted...but I'm on the night shift right now so it may be Friday before I can post a response.

Update: This went faster than I though! Pulled everything out and reinstalled the whole package and it works fine now. Must of gotten a wire or two crossed there somewhere. It looks very nice and I can see lots of places I can use it. As I use Bryce for my final scene set-up and render engine I'll probably have to reduce the textures to get them to work (Bryce has a problem with really big textures) but this is a minor thing. I can't wait to integrate it into one of my really big forest scenes. Now, if I can only get the time...

Thanks again!

Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Okay, I haven't had the chance to reinstall just yet, but what I was getting was the pop-up window telling that the .dsf is missing. I click ok, and I get this great big marshmallowly cube thing...or little marshmallowy cube, depending on which object I try to load into the scene. I had this happen once before, and dogged if I can remember on what, and I don't think it ever did correct itself. Let me go back and try to reinstall the whole file and see what happens. I'll keep you posted...but I'm on the night shift right now so it may be Friday before I can post a response.

Update: This went faster than I though! Pulled everything out and reinstalled the whole package and it works fine now. Must of gotten a wire or two crossed there somewhere. It looks very nice and I can see lots of places I can use it. As I use Bryce for my final scene set-up and render engine I'll probably have to reduce the textures to get them to work (Bryce has a problem with really big textures) but this is a minor thing. I can't wait to integrate it into one of my really big forest scenes. Now, if I can only get the time...

Thanks again!

Whew I am glad.

Hmm you make me want to learn Bryce. I have never used it but I have it.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I forgot to tell you I used your prop and background in a render in the PC Inspiration Contest.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38869/P15

edited December 1969

I forgot to tell you I used your prop and background in a render in the PC Inspiration Contest.

That render looks really cute. I love his facial expression.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

That render looks really cute. I love his facial expression.

Thanks. I had the general idea for this render just before you released your prop. As soon as I saw your prop I knew it would be perfect.

Love the backgrounds too.