Eyes are off their axes

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
edited March 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

I am working on a Genesis 2 morph in Hexagon and when I just tested it in Studio, the eyes pop out of their socket when I point and fix them to the camera and rotate the camera.
Am about to gnaw at my tablet pen now because I am afraid that I need to start all over...
Is there a way to reset the eyes to their proper places?

Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    I am working on a Genesis 2 morph in Hexagon and when I just tested it in Studio, the eyes pop out of their socket when I point and fix them to the camera and rotate the camera.
    Am about to gnaw at my tablet pen now because I am afraid that I need to start all over...
    Is there a way to reset the eyes to their proper places?

Just say that there's a picture of Jessica Rabbit behind the camera...

I don't know of any easy fixes...in Hex (or most modelers, for that matter...yeah, it's fixable, but not easy in most). And even in what I'm most familiar with, Blender, I usually start over...because I find it faster.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Lol, yeah, she would be eyeballdropping haha
    Would this perhaps work:
    - import new, clean figure
    - delete everything except the eyeballs
    - hide eyeballs
    - import my own morph and delete eyeballs
    - unhide the eyeballs and save + pray

Would that work?
    Bedtime here sadly but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow because I invested a lot of time in this one...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

What might work would be to send to Hexagon the figure with bulging eyes, move the eyes back into position, send it back to D/S to make another morph. Reverse morphs [or whatever it was called] so that you don't get 2x the first morph. Dial all the morphs back to '0' and save 'em.
    Load a fresh G figure and try out the morphs.

If both are now working as desired, send the correctly morphed character over the bridge to Hexagon.
    Back in D/S, either put the character back to the default 'as it loads' OR load a fresh character ... and select that.
    Back in Hexagon send it over the bridge back to D/S.
    In D/S create the morph with a new name. If it works, dial to '0' and save it.
    Load a fresh figure and try out the new morph.

If all is well, to remove the 2 part morphs, dig through the data folder ... should be somewhere under the figure's Morphs and your handle.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

What might work would be to send to Hexagon the figure with bulging eyes, move the eyes back into position, send it back to D/S to make another morph. Reverse morphs [or whatever it was called] so that you don't get 2x the first morph. Dial all the morphs back to '0' and save 'em.
    Load a fresh G figure and try out the morphs.

If both are now working as desired, send the correctly morphed character over the bridge to Hexagon.
    Back in D/S, either put the character back to the default 'as it loads' OR load a fresh character ... and select that.
    Back in Hexagon send it over the bridge back to D/S.
    In D/S create the morph with a new name. If it works, dial to '0' and save it.
    Load a fresh figure and try out the new morph.

If all is well, to remove the 2 part morphs, dig through the data folder ... should be somewhere under the figure's Morphs and your handle.

I'll try that, thanks!
    You are one of those people who seem to be a treasure of knowledge :D