The Neanderthal [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thank You !! Mrs.Neanderthal would join her hubby just a little bit later as I am working on 3 projects at this moment switching between ;)

Cath

Cathy_Mod said:
    Wow Cath this looks so amazing! Really looking forward to this - will there be a Mrs. Neanderthal as well? :-) I am so excited to hear you are taking on a project like this, your work is always so admirable. Thanks for the work that you do :-)
  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Looking great Cath-as always you are breaking new ground.

edited July 2012

I just try to make the product more attractive as without the extras it is pointless in this situation . Textures and morph are not enough in this case and I have some fun also . :)

thank you

Cath

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Thanx for showing the comparison heads. The Neanderthal head looks very authentic.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I just try to make the product more attractive as without the extras it is pointless in this situation . Textures and morph are not enough in this case and I have some fun also . :)

thank you

Cath

Have you decided how this will be offered for sale yet? Will the accessories be sold together with the character, or separately? Or both ways (like some of 3D Universe's products)? I'd be interested in the bundle, but all I really need is the character, since my main intent is to use Neanderthals in fantasy-type scenes rather than prehistoric ones.
    edited December 1969

the character as you saw in the preview pictures will be as one package , the additional extra accessories would be separate
    I don't think that stone and spear will change here the price :) But the hair , facial hair and eyebrows , full body morph and the 2 cloths will be in the main package as well as this belong to the character , I think that full character packages are better in place of a product that link to other stuff what it is made of , it is like I would make a Cat woman and you need to buy the suit by someone else or separate as the customer is only interesting in the textures lol you know what I mean
    I do this to avoid the Neanderthal later dressed in leopard underwear or Mrs. Neanderthal in bikini to hide the nudity

the cave and any other additional stuff is optional

Mec4D said:

thank you

Cath

Have you decided how this will be offered for sale yet? Will the accessories be sold together with the character, or separately? Or both ways (like some of 3D Universe's products)? I'd be interested in the bundle, but all I really need is the character, since my main intent is to use Neanderthals in fantasy-type scenes rather than prehistoric ones.
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

I have one quick question about the Neanderthal. Does he come with textures for the M5 Gens? Right now we're kind of lacking in male texture packs that support the M5 gens.

edited December 1969

I am sorry but no gens for this type of character , the future cro magnon will be based on M5 UV's and Gens as well .as it will be pretty reusable for regular human male character and I don't see it with the Neanderthal as it will not works the same way , the face structure is completely different and textures will not match visual very well when using regular human morph ,the 3D textures are created on the morphed body to match it , if used on regular body morph it will deform to much losing the details on the face and the lower limbs , it will looks very weird and stretched . You will have to wait for the next release

I have one quick question about the Neanderthal. Does he come with textures for the M5 Gens? Right now we're kind of lacking in male texture packs that support the M5 gens.
    edited December 1969

The last Neanderthals was living between the forest and the steppe just on the line with tundra and never crosses the edges where the cold started as no reminds was found in the areas of Tundra but mostly in the warmer areas between the forest and the grass steppe where they hunting for large animals , Savannah is more for the African side but they did not occupied the territory .
    Sometimes I am wondering , they could never survive in so small group for 600,000 , I believe that the ice age wiped them out to the small group and the cro magnon and modern human finally finish them , the continents in ice age was much bigger as it is now , when the ice melted it covered a big part of the continents and the lower parts go under water and with it the biggest part of the history , we are still in the ice age and the ice still melting and more land will be under water in the future , the next big ace age will destroy all evidences again living only a part of earth continents not covered with ice where the life go forward , the glaciation is so powerful grinding everything on it;s path like coffee grinder forming new landscapes and creating steppes , not for nothing the early civilizations build Pyramids in the areas and accumulate in more safe environment , the theory that there was not enough food for the Neanderthals to have more tribes make not sense also, the modern human would never enter south Europe if there was no food , the immigrate in search for better existence and more food , maybe the early modern humans bring new diseases that wipe out the neanderthal , as the Spanish did this to Mayans bringing cold and other diseases that Mayan was not immune to , that seems also the reason for the Spaniard to take over the Mayan cities , that would make more sense . Influenza and Cholera wiped out a lot of European folk not so long ago , it happen before and it can happen again tomorrow . If we don;t monitor or protect us from the diseases we would be gone already well Neanderthals or early homo sapiens did not washed hands before dinner or had vaccine :)

It's so cool seeing how much interest this Neanderthal is generating. Quest for Fire is one of my all-time favorite movies, and the book was quite good tho fairly different from the movie.

About add-on props again:
    A spear, with or without flint head, that is not a perfect cylinder, more twisted, a few knobs.
    A deer antler-tip for knapping, and a roundish hammer-stone. Some flint blanks?
    A fire drill stick and base (without the bow).
    Maybe a fur wrap/loincloth without the over-the-shoulder part. Useful for more articulated posing.

I have searched hi and lo for good cave models and only found a few that are just adequate. So a good cave would be wonderful. Most occupied caves were limestone. A ceiling about twice the height of a man is minimal for smoke dispersal. A cave should have some outside foreground.

Maybe someone could do new and better savannah backdrops for the Cyclorama/DAZ Environment?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Nice to see a new product from you in the making Cath. He looks awesome! Needs more fur! lmao! :P *runs* :P

edited December 1969

Regarding megafauna, the Columbian Mammoth (made by Cath, a freebie add-on for the African Elephant) is a contemporary of the Neanderthal, but lived on a different continent so it wouldn't work for 100% historical accuracy. DinoRaul has made some mammalian megafauna including a Wooly Rhinoceros (in addition to his many dinosaurs, which are awesome, but of course would only work with the Neanderthal if you are looking for a Flintstones-esque render). He has some stuff here, but most of the mammals are at Renderosity, I think.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Regarding megafauna, the Columbian Mammoth (made by Cath, a freebie add-on for the African Elephant) is a contemporary of the Neanderthal, but lived on a different continent so it wouldn't work for 100% historical accuracy. DinoRaul has made some mammalian megafauna including a Wooly Rhinoceros (in addition to his many dinosaurs, which are awesome, but of course would only work with the Neanderthal if you are looking for a Flintstones-esque render). He has some stuff here, but most of the mammals are at Renderosity, I think.
    Thank you Scott but I have all those, I need some addon's really, the Buck would work as a GegaArous (forgive my spelling it's a gaint deer) if I had a new Rack for it and a Hyenadon texture would be nice if I could find a hyena, then the shortfaced cave bear comes to mind as well as the cavelion all of which looked much different than just scaled up figures. I've tried that route and it just comes out lacking.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Thank You !! Mrs.Neanderthal would join her hubby just a little bit later as I am working on 3 projects at this moment switching between ;)
    Cathy_Mod said:
    Wow Cath this looks so amazing! Really looking forward to this - will there be a Mrs. Neanderthal as well? :-) I am so excited to hear you are taking on a project like this, your work is always so admirable. Thanks for the work that you do :-)

Excellent! And one for the GenesisKid, like in your previous Mil4 set? I'm also hoping that the head and body morphs will be separate, I'm looking forward to the mix'n'match possibilities.
    edited December 1969

Yes we need woolly mammoth for the Neanderthal as they attack them when the eat grass in the tundra killing a solitary mammoth with hand-thrusted spears mostly around a water where the woolly mammoth and other animals drink water ,they did not save the rest of the food ,it was food on demand , they did not run after the animals as they had a very short legs hunting in groups .. well we need a really woolly mammoth so I will try to make some fur and see if this works ,in DS it will works only if each group have own fur section what would be good to transfer the old elephant to a new rigging system .

edited December 1969

I wonder if the dogs was Neanderthal friends or meat , as they found the dogs with the mammoth bones

Jaderail said:
    Thank you Scott but I have all those, I need some addon's really, the Buck would work as a GegaArous (forgive my spelling it's a gaint deer) if I had a new Rack for it and a Hyenadon texture would be nice if I could find a hyena, then the shortfaced cave bear comes to mind as well as the cavelion all of which looked much different than just scaled up figures. I've tried that route and it just comes out lacking.
    edited December 1969

it is not only the head , you need also to match the body proportions , but the child will be done also , and then you can use the genesis to change the face features to make a nice neanderthal groups from the base family members

Mec4D said:
    Cathy_Mod said:

Excellent! And one for the GenesisKid, like in your previous Mil4 set? I'm also hoping that the head and body morphs will be separate, I'm looking forward to the mix'n'match possibilities.
    edited December 1969

I was waiting just for your post about fur lol as they was living outside the per-ma frost areas in Mediterranean Eurasia they is not indication about fur body , they come outside the cozy zone only in spring and summer to hunt in the warm tundra summer days , Neanderthals ate vegetation such as grains and nuts, seafood and game, including bears, deer and rabbits. Shellfish, dolphins and seal were among the sea creatures the Neanderthals consumed and also apples and other fruit .

Read more: The Diet of Neanderthals | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7306462_diet-neanderthals.html#ixzz21UAD8WBt

RAMWolff said:
    Nice to see a new product from you in the making Cath. He looks awesome! Needs more fur! lmao! :P *runs* :P
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I was waiting just for your post about fur lol as they was living outside the per-ma frost areas in Mediterranean Eurasia they is not indication about fur body , they come outside the cozy zone only in spring and summer to hunt in the warm tundra summer days , Neanderthals ate vegetation such as grains and nuts, seafood and game, including bears, deer and rabbits. Shellfish, dolphins and seal were among the sea creatures the Neanderthals consumed and also apples and other fruit .

Read more: The Diet of Neanderthals | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7306462_diet-neanderthals.html#ixzz21UAD8WBt

RAMWolff said:

Oh piffle. :P FINE.. I'll just wait for Z's furry body add on and make it so! YUMMY. As to your asking about dogs I thought I had read something a while back about dogs HELPING them hunt so I think they were part of the family unit. Bones found with the Mammoth bones might have been the dogs got killed by the Mammoth so they just buried them together. Might be wrong but dogs have always been "mans best friend" throughout history so why not even back then??

Hope your doing well sweety! XOXO

edited December 1969

I reworked the beard and hair for more natural looking
    and added also little dynamic like wind blow for the more dynamic pose and others .
    Also shorter and longer beard for more variations .

n4.png
    642 x 766 - 505K
    n3.png
    642 x 766 - 503K
    n2.png
    642 x 766 - 485K
    n1.png
    642 x 766 - 481K
    edited December 1969

3 more , I think looking more authentic with this hair style

Cath

n7.png
    642 x 766 - 474K
    n6.png
    642 x 766 - 462K
    n5.png
    642 x 766 - 468K
    edited December 1969

and here with textures

n8.png
    642 x 766 - 461K
    n9.png
    642 x 766 - 479K
    n10.png
    642 x 766 - 529K
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous work CATH... really love the hair and beard.... looks like it would make a great Wizard set too! The Nean morph is excellent and the skin looks so life like! XO

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard , I was thinking the same a good idea for a wizard, however the hair will not works if used on different relation between the head and neck as they was made specific for this character body morph and rigging , everything because of the hair length that is snap to the torso and the both arms bones for the more dynamic posing other way it will be just another static wig the smooth modifier would correct it but not in case : fiber ,with the beard no problems as it have only one bone and can be used with any character rigging .But I really don't care in this case as anything is just extra to make Nean looking better and more authentic

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I just had to sit and look at these amazing pictures for awhile before I could post this - how very amazing this work is, Cath! This character seems so real to me - he doesn't appear as human, exactly, nor as animal - but as a humanoid type that could be very dangerous - it makes me wonder what sort of behavior these creatures displayed - I want to sit and observe him, learn from him - lol so I guess he has pulled me quite into his existance. I love this character. His facial expressions, his build, his appearance, his hair - he is totally wonderful! Thank you so much for the work you do - it is obvious how much of yourself you put into the things you create. -Cathy

edited July 2012

Mec4D said:
    Thanks Richard , I was thinking the same a good idea for a wizard, however the hair will not works if used on different relation between the head and neck as they was made specific for this character body morph and rigging , everything because of the hair length that is snap to the torso and the both arms bones for the more dynamic posing other way it will be just another static wig the smooth modifier would correct it but not in case : fiber ,with the beard no problems as it have only one bone and can be used with any character rigging .But I really don't care in this case as anything is just extra to make Nean looking better and more authentic

...Unless your wizard happens to be a Neanderthal, in which case you'd be good to go! :) Actually, in my own fantasy setting, "dwarves" are, biologically speaking, pretty much identical to what we would call Neanderthals. I was thinking I could use this set to make some of my dwarven characters. Now that I see the latest images, it appears not much tweaking will be required aside from a wardrobe change! :)

Out of curiosity (particularly for those interested in the wizard angle), if one were to use the Neanderthal shape at 100%, with Evolutions head and body morphs applied to make him look somewhat more like a modern human, what would happen to the hair and beard?

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

In my world “dwarves” was looking just like that too beside smaller in scale
    I in my country the name of dwars was Krasnoludek what mean Beautiful people of peace
    the word come from the area of Black Sea the beginning of European ancestors ,maybe that why they called Neanderthals , the people of peace ,Ludek is short from Ludzie = meaning people ,Ludek mean also - small humanoid or small man ,and Krasno mean beautiful
    not only outside but also inside , according to legends they living in the forest and caves outside the human villages and cities ,so maybe a little truth .as all legends have some origin based on an true events .

You can scale the Neanderthal and everything will follow ,you can also make the limbs longer and make them 6.7 and will not affect the hair ,only the head-neck area need to be unchanged , as there are 3 groups , head-neck-torso , some of the fiber hair will change the diameter if used on other rigging .but still you can make him smaller or taller without having any problems with the long hair , the beard works as well with all other shapes as only one bone control the full beard , I will make some example to see what will happen when using the evolution morphs , to get the forehead more human like I think the Asian face morph will pull it back to more normal level , If I was doing longer hair for genesis that fit all shapes the hair will be sold separate because it will cost a lot more work also and will be original products ,but in this case it is only an extra to make the Neanderthal looking better beside I made already Unshaven for Genesis that is very much versatile so here would be no point to recreate it again ,I hope you see my point here , there would be also other members of his family with own hair styles also to match the rigging and I am not so sure that other long hair made by others will match so well the neanderthal that why I make it without charging you for it as I would if I made it to fit everything so that is just a plus :)

Mec4D said:

...Unless your wizard happens to be a Neanderthal, in which case you'd be good to go! :) Actually, in my own fantasy setting, "dwarves" are, biologically speaking, pretty much identical to what we would call Neanderthals. I was thinking I could use this set to make some of my dwarven characters. Now that I see the latest images, it appears not much tweaking will be required aside from a wardrobe change! :)

Out of curiosity (particularly for those interested in the wizard angle), if one were to use the Neanderthal shape at 100%, with Evolutions head and body morphs applied to make him look somewhat more like a modern human, what would happen to the hair and beard?

edited December 1969

I was thinking the same while I research it a little time ago , they could be anything, dangerous maybe but the behavior of modern humans is dangerous too especially when it get about situation when human need to survive the natural instinct kick in automatic to protect the live ,however they was living more in harmony with the nature as we do today , they was free creatures without law living in a small tribes as other tribes living today of primates as we observe today the strongest always rule , according to the evolution theory the best survived the weaker not, a natural selection . All modern humans are attracted to the things they don't have but not always mean the things are the best , the theory that early modern sapiens match with neanderthals is little odd , as they was a lot more physically powerful that the early homo sapiens that was not attraction to them at all but is possible that neanderthals powerful appearance attracted the early homos sapiens finalizing in the nean-sapiens hybrids that was sterile to the neanderthals only due to the extra chromosomes they had but not to homo sapiens , beside there was not much left of neanderthals when early homo sapiens entered the areas and small epidemic could finish them very fast as it happen to the south american Indians when the modern human entered south america , but going back to the neanderthals , it is hard to judge the behavior or even to be sure 100% how they really looks like as we never found anything as reference regarding to the soft tissue ,all we have are DNA and theories and because we have a part of the neanderthals DNA we think it was not far away from early human appearance , but there is also a new theory that the early Europeans ,Cro Magnon and Neanderthals have the same ancestors what exclude the mixing and out of Africa theory , what mean that European evolve from much older ancestors that the Africans early humans that never left at all and because everyone outside Africa have different DNA structure is in theory different species ,like elephant to mammoth still the same family but different species. if we look at the human chromosomes we are all the same but if we look at the DNA ,each human race would be different species of human as the different part of the DNA and gens we own from our different ancestors changed our appearance and that is a fact , however this subject is in a very delicate matter as it could destroy the global peace and evoke intensive racism between people as it already started after the announcement that Europeans are part of Neanderthals so not pure humans but hybrids and sub-species but this stupid talk bring the old question ,what was first the chicken or the egg ? but if the new theory about human origin in Europe become more evident there would be the answer but until now we was looking in the wrong place until they find the missing link of Neanderthals and Cro magnon ancestors we will not know , what I believe is that there something happened that changed everything on global scale and that was more powerful than evolution . Imagine the earth reverse the solar radiation could change the DNA forever in all species on earth wiping the dinos out , it is more likely as a big meteor that completely destroy life on impact , knowing that some species of animals are immune to x rays and did not change or evolve at all as human and animals did make some sense , if meteor kill dinosaurs it will kill also crocodiles as nothing could survive without sun for long period of time in a freezing climate so I think it was the solar radiation that have the power of changing DNA in silence .

sorry for the novel but all this subject is so interesting and I let myself go hahaha
    and try to put the puzzle together based on what I read and hear , what does not mean I know 100% as it is based on theories and speculations and little deductions , I hope one day we all know and are sure , until then we can only imagine and speculate , the final truth and verdict will not change to much in my life or the way I am thinking as my mind is more an open box without labels but it could helps others find a peace for better tomorrow ..

Cath

Cathy_Mod said:
    I just had to sit and look at these amazing pictures for awhile before I could post this - how very amazing this work is, Cath! This character seems so real to me - he doesn't appear as human, exactly, nor as animal - but as a humanoid type that could be very dangerous - it makes me wonder what sort of behavior these creatures displayed - I want to sit and observe him, learn from him - lol so I guess he has pulled me quite into his existance. I love this character. His facial expressions, his build, his appearance, his hair - he is totally wonderful! Thank you so much for the work you do - it is obvious how much of yourself you put into the things you create. -Cathy
    edited December 1969

some updates on the subject :)

finishing and packing today

Cath

n6.png
    629 x 766 - 731K
    n3.png
    629 x 766 - 700K
    n2.png
    629 x 766 - 683K
    n1.png