New user help

Gamer_Gamer_ Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all,
New user here and i am new to 3D & 2D art as well . I want to know how to install Daz3D studio and related software's & plugins i tried to install Daz3D studio pro but CCT crashed while installing and most documentation links are broken as well. guide me

thank you

rajesh

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

For us to help you we need a little help from you first. Could you please give us this information.
    What type of computer do you have? A PC or a Mac?
    What operating System do you have? XP or Win7 or Lion ect..
    How much memory does your computer have? 2Gb 4Gb or more?
    Which version of the software are you installing? DS4Pro? Bryce?

With that info we can get you started very soon.

• Gamer_Gamer_ Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My System PC , Windows XP , 2 GB and i want to install all the products possible to install in my system from daz3D . thank you

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I assume that you are trying to install Daz Studio 4 Pro ? Daz3D is the company,

The Software currently on offer at 100% discount is DazSudio 4 pro, Bryce 7 pro and Hexagon 2.

edited December 1969

I am trying to install Daz Studio 4 Pro , Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon 2 . I don't even know what these all do but i want to learn . Is there any procedure to learn in particular order . thank you . Any offline documentation available ?

rajesh

edited July 2012

Do you know how to do a image capture of the Error you get when you run the DS4Pro install exe file?
    Also is your XP PC a 32bit system or a 64bit system? You need to install the version for your system.
    DS4Pro comes in both 32bit and 64bit. The 64bit will not run on a 32bit PC.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I will leave Jaderail to get you going in DS4 first, before I start confusing you with Bryce.

edited December 1969

ran 32 bit DS4Pro only.i didn't checked the check box which say " customize content creation ........" while installing is it the reason for CCT crash ?

thank you

edited December 1969

I do not understand the term CCT crash, please give full information on CCT and the crash.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I'm not understanding how the content creation toolkit is crashing. It comes built into DS4 Pro. I haven't ran the installer in quite some time but I'm not remembering a box that you check off in regards to CCT. Is it possible for you to give us a screenshot of that part of the install and the error you are getting? The more information we have the better we can help you. We'll get you though this.

edited December 1969

Are you trying to install the ContentCreationToolKit.exe? You no longer need to install that as a seperate file. All those tools are now built into DS4Pro and will be active when you register your DS4Pro with the serial number. I'm sorry I did not catch this sooner, I'm one of the people who wonder why they still include those files that are now built into DS4Pro as seperate files. They are not needed. Only the DarkSide Style installer is needed in some versions.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

It's not included with the current download. It was included when DS4 first release but after they started giving it for free they combined it. I you do have that file then reset your download and that will give you the current version of DS and everything is included in it.

edited December 1969

thank you all after reinstalling Daz 4 pro installed successfully , Installed Goz Ds4 as well .

edited December 1969

hi all,
    Thanks for helping me to install Daz studio 4 pro . Now please guide me to install bryce . I am attaching a screen shot there are 4 .exe files and want to know the order of installation . thank you

rajesh

bryce.JPG
    1280 x 768 - 80K
    edited July 2012

I've asked the Bryce big gun to come help with this one. Chohole knows much more about it than I do. Give them a few to get in here. And I'm sure others will help also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2012

OK, Install the Bryce 7.1. 0.o9.exe first, and then follow it up by installing the content. The file that is labelled "bryce lightnining you will only need if you want to set up a "render fram" that is to link more than one PC togehter in a network for rendering purposes.

You will find the content files contain all sorts of things, inclucing scene files

I quote Horo

You can install Bryce where ever you want. The proposition of an installation path is there for convenience. Bryce even runs on an USB stick. The content installers are not actually installers. All they do is unpack the files with the folder structure on a drive/path of your choice. I recommend to create a temporary folder "MyTempFolder" or whatever name you care to give it and install the content into that folder. Look at the files in the folders created. There are tutorials, sample scenes and such. You can copy them wherever you wish. I have a sub-folder "Content" under the Bryce main folder and have things there so I find the. There are presets in some of the content packages. These are different. You must copy them into a particular folder. In the main Bryce folder, ther is a sub-folder named "Presets". Under this folder, there are more folders for materials, skies, textures, objects, etc. Again, there are subfolders and you can add more with names of your choice. Look at the files in those folders and you know which file types belong into which folder. The picture (if it shows) should give you an idea (here for obp objects).
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3269492.gif
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

You could actually do worse that popping over to the old (archived) site yourself and reading the thread on installing Bryce. Horo made such a good job at talking a non-emglish speaker through it.

THere are a few posts that you can ignore, but it is a very useful thread.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182851

edited December 1969

Ok thank you for reply . installed the Bryce_7.1.0 first , second installed the Bryce_Content , third tried to install the BrycePro_content but while installing message popped up BrycePro version .. installed and this process will uninstall the installed version then only install this BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe version .

So what can i do now ? thanks in advance

rajesh

edited December 1969

That's the main reason why Horo suggests installing to a temp folder and moving the content manually. Make yourself an empty folder on your HD and install it there, then move stuff around yourself.

Bryce is the easiest to deal with, but it does have it's little quirks, when it comes to the installers.

Personally I deal with all my content that way, because I am fussy as to where things go, and whether I have an installer or a zip I always use a temp folder an rearrange myself.

Don't let the installers overwrite anything. THey can be bullies. :roll:

edited December 1969

Ohh thank you Chohole for reply . I will follow your suggestion i am way from my pc so can't test it right now .

How good the Daz studio 4 Pro and unity3d combination . Is there are stable way to export to .fbx that will import well in unity3d . Learning Daz3D studio products is different and personal interest but exporting to unity3d is a very important requirement for me now . I have to take decision so that assets can be bought properly so please guide me . thank you

rajesh

edited December 1969

I am wondering no reply from anyone I guess asked wrong question or in wrong place . But i am new here so please guide .

rajesh

edited December 1969

Gamer_ most of us are just 3D artist. Not many of us use the software the way you wish too. We are trying to find another person that can help you but it might take a little time.

edited December 1969

Thank you jaderail for helping me . I will wait for that person .