Animated Backdrop?

demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi everyone, I've been using DS for years, but I've never participated in the forums until now. I've recently found something that's really slowed me in my tracks a bit.

Does anyone here know of any script, plugin, work-around or hidden feature that let's you set either a video or an image sequence as the "backdrop" image in Daz Studio's viewing interface?

Basically, I'm doing some fun animation stuff with the graphMate and keyMate plugins and it would be super helpful to have the ability put reference video as the BG.

Thanks ahead.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

This should do what you are looking for...

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/texanimfords3

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited March 2014

not in preview
    same with the newer animated textures plugin
    both only render from file.
    carrara and Poser do video backgrounds and textures if thinking of alternative, Poser debut is cheap sometimes free can open Poser scenes in Daz after (not the backdrop)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Yeah, I've played with that mCasual plugin and it doesn't really do what I'm looking for, it creates a rendered effect.

I am very familiar with Poser and I have animated with it with BG reference footage in the past, but I'm not a fan of animating in Poser. The Daz Studio GUI is so much more clean and easy to move around and look at. Plus, I've found that I tend to get cleaner animations (less frequent rig pops) in my Daz animations, as opposed to using Poser.

I realize DS isn't really designed with animation (specifically) in mind, but I'm finding that the program has A LOT of untapped potential in that department. It's a shame if there isn't some way to implement this common practice for utilizing reference footage.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

maybe pick some relevent frames from your vid for reference and put one at a time in background along the timeline for reference while posing alowing tweening between poses to create the animation
    for example a walking figure you could prob use about 6 to 12 key shots.

• demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
    edited March 2014

maybe pick some relevent frames from your vid for reference and put one at a time in background along the timeline for reference while posing alowing tweening between poses to create the animation
    for example a walking figure you could prob use about 6 to 12 key shots.

Not a terrible idea, given the circumstance... takes scrubbing out of the equation though ...but still, maybe not so bad if done in conjunction with having the full footage in a decent video player on my second monitor. Hmmm.

Post edited by demonsword on