Mimic Pro vs. Mimic live

Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi all,

1. What is the difference between Mimic Pro and Mimic Live?

2. Could I export the animation data of Mimic Live into Carrara and Poser?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Anyone?

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Hi,

About 1: Could you a bit more specific?
    (I ask, because you can find the description of both in the shop http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/mimic/mimic-live/ and http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/mimic/mimic-pro/)

About 2:
    You can find more details for Mimic Pro here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/mimic/start
    The PDF says

Mimic is a stand-alone application designed to create lip-synched animations. It creates an output file which you can then render in a third-party application such as DAZ Studio or SmithMicro Graphics' Poser
  • Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited June 2012

If I already have Mimic pro, do I need to buy mimic live?
    Does Mimic pro contain all function of mimic live?

Post edited by Sam_16471 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Mimic Live works from a live sound track, the user speaking into a mike, rather than from a recording as plain Mimic does.

Please don't bump threads - at the moment it isn't doing anything, but when it does we will remove bumping posts.

• PlexxPlexx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anyone else purchase mimic live and after running installer it still is absent from the windows/tab/mimic live? Cannot seem to get it installed and working. Am I missing something here?

edited December 1969

Mimic Pro is an application, not a plugin for DAZ Studio.

• LPLP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Plexx said:
    Anyone else purchase mimic live and after running installer it still is absent from the windows/tab/mimic live? Cannot seem to get it installed and working. Am I missing something here?

still i have problems to find mimic live on my window 8. ii did this 15 times. and looks like the tex sopport couldnt help me with this.
    i am getting my refound.

• NorrieNorrie Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I'm having trouble loading Mimic Live. Windows 8. Keep getting message. The installation path for DAZ Studio could not be found. Mimic Live cannot be installed. Set up will now quit.

edited December 1969

Does the version of Mimic Live you are trying to install match the version of DS you have installed?

• NorrieNorrie Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I've got a laptop with DAZ 4.6 and Windows 8 that loads Mimic ok. But my home pc, again with DAZ 4.6 and Windows 8 won't load. On the Installed Plugins menu I have 3 items for Mimic but called 'dzmimicrealtime. Each one has the red 'Failed' icon next to it.