Trying to get v4 shoes on genesis

RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay I bought Dark Rose today to try and see how how v4 items conformed on Genesis. Well I'm stuck on the shoes. It comes with a foot fit for v4. Is there a product that would let you use the v4 foot pose on Genesis? When I try to conform the boots to the feet they curl up at the toes. Its looking weird.

Comments

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625
    edited December 1969

I can fit the feet into the boots as they loaded into the scene. If I parent them to the feet in place, when I apply a pose, they don't move. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong with the parenting? If I try to fit them to Genesis in the default pose, they curl up at the toe. If I adjust the toes then fit them to genesis its still a hot mess.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Select shoes, fit to Genesis. Parent shoes to Genesis, instead of feet. Scene tab, select Genesis >pose

edited December 1969

Loaded genesis, fit the shoes to genesis, parented shoes to genesis. Feet are sticking out and the boot toes are under them curling upwards. Found shoe fit in pose, couldn't see that do much. Tried to bend the foot but the whole boot moves with the foot, toes sticking out and all. Am I suppose to pose the feet first then fit the shoes to genesis? I'll keep working on it. Thanks.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Fit the shoe first, then pose. Try to scale Genesis foot/toes down. C if that helps. In Parameters tab > Pose controls > Feet. You can adjust toes/feet. Curl up/down, spread etc.....

edited December 1969

Thanks for the help. I'll keep working on it. I tried following another tutorial but it wasn't work so I'm going to give this another go.

edited December 1969

When the shoes fit to Genesis, it warps the shoes. The toes curl up. I can jam the feet into the deformed shoes, but I really don't want to. Plus I can't get the shoes to move with Genesis. If I apply a pose to Genesis, the feet are sticking out all over again.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Here is what I do to put Vicky shoes on Genesis with not-too-shabby results. The method is one I came across a long time ago in the forums but can't recall whose it is. So if anybody knows where the credit belongs, speak up so I can properly thank the originator(s).

V4 To GENESIS (ORIGINAL GENESIS 1) SHOE FIT TRICK:

1: Load up Genesis and a pair of V4 shoes.

2: Do NOT use "Fit To" as this will activate Autofit, which mangles the shoes. Instead, parent them to Genesis, preferably to the right and left feet.

3: Go to Edit - Figure - Rigging and select the Apply Weight Mapping option. When asked for a type, select "Triax Weight Mapping" and hit OK. Do this for each shoe.

4: Now you can select the weight-mapped shoes and "Fit To" your Genesis 1 figure. You may need to adjust Genesis 1's foot pose, especially for high heels. Also you may need to tinker with smoothing and collision to avoid poke-through and other oddities -- it all depends on the shoes. Some work better than others.

5: When you're satisfied with the results, save the converted shoes as a Wearable Preset in your Daz Studio library. If using Poser, create Poser Companion files too.

NOTE: Unfortunately, this little fitting trick does NOT work on the new Genesis 2 models. Neither will the refitted shoes convert properly with Autofit. Which sucks big hairy donkey balls, btw.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

Thanks! Works great all except for the saving as wearable and loading it back up again. Anyone have any tips on getting that part right? That would be a great time saver.

I wish I knew how to just take these shoes into a modeler or something and bring them back set to work for Genesis and G2F. Yeah, I know its the extremely hard way. I'm not sure I could model anything and rig it. But maybe refitting shoes I could handle.....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

If it all works except the Wearable(s) Preset test it as Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset and see if that version will work instead.

It might mean saving as Left Shoe and Right Shoe but if the shoe fits.....

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Thanks Byrdie ! Great tip I was not aware of :) Have a lot of old shoes and had no hope to make them usable

edited December 1969

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-412985230 Look at this tutorial. Follow the steps except the part where you conform the shoe and it warps all to hell to start with. Skip straight to loading the shoes and fitting Genesis into the the V4 shoes, or Genesis 2 into Genesis shoes. Once you have the feet posed and crammed in there save yourself a foot preset to make things easy later. Then transfer the rigging as it instructs. Now if it is V4 save it as shoes for Genesis. then you take your genesis saved shoes and fit them to Genesis 2 in the same fashion. Enjoy your shoes!