How can I remove green triangles?

lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi guys, I just wonder: how can I remove green triangles from my figure?
What they are for?? How I can set up lights to see more light from front view??

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Posing handles...usually on skirts/dresses. Look for a material setting/ on-off 'pose'/ material preset for them with the skirt. If not, look under the Surface tab and set them to 0% opacity strength.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

They are manipulators to change the shape of the dress and hairs…
    Two options to make them disappear:
    1- in the modeling room, you select them, you creates a shader domain and you allot to him a texture with alpha 0%. 2 - (it is what I do), you select them and you place them inside the character (in the modeling room too ).

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

To the light question, look at the shadows of the trees in the background photo, then adjust the key light (sunlight) to match the angle and direction by comparing the shadow cast be the figure and the shadows of the trees.

Is the image in the background an HDRI or a spherical render? If so, if you enable Skylight in the Render Room, the spherical render or HDRI can act as an Image Based Light (IBL). If it's not one of those, but a simple backdrop, then there are other options that can be suggested when we have more information about the scene.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Posing handles...usually on skirts/dresses. Look for a material setting/ on-off 'pose'/ material preset for them with the skirt. If not, look under the Surface tab and set them to 0% opacity strength.

Sorry, but I had not seen that you had answered right before me…
    Your method is obviously the good one, I took this (bad) practice to hide the polygons in the character because in the beginning, I believed that one could remove them.
    I tested only some clothing with this option and only one worked in Carrara, why?
    I make “naturism” in Poser, I always equip my characters in Carrara, but I suppose that it function in Poser?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Poser and DS...

edited December 1969

OK...
    You have a nice gallery on ShareCG, thank you !

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Sometimes, you can select the handles separately within the hierarchy of the figure (clothing). Try selecting one and deselect the check box for "Visible". When you have that option, it will give easy and fast results.

edited December 1969

It appears to me that there is only one light in the scene, and it is pointing almost vertically downward, but slightly from behind the subject, casting the shadows onto the front of the character. So, I have a feeling that this is the default light in the scene.

Select the light and look in the right hand properties tray. Is it a distant light? This is found under Light Type at the top of the Light's properties. Here's something you should know:

Distant Light - These lights are infinite in the direction that they are pointed, and light evenly parallel to that, pointed direction across the entire scene. Very useful for broadcasting even distributions of light. Due to their infinite nature, their placement left to right up and down, near and far, do not change the light - only rotation does.
    Also, since they broadcast 'infinite' light, anything in the path of that specified direction, no matter where it relates to the light, can cast a shadow from light coming from that direction. Mouthful... I know. The main premise is that, if you're using things like ceilings or sky domes, these things will block the light coming from a distant light if they are allowed to cast shadows.

Therefore, in the above image that you've uploaded, if that is a distant light, all you need to do is rotate it a bit to shine in a direction 'towards' the face of the character from in front of the character, even if the light model, itself, remains behind the character. This can be very useful as you don't need to worry about positioning, distance, etc.,

• lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
    edited March 2014

I work in Carrara Pro 8... I just removed handles from legs ( I did it in texture room, I set up shaders for color and alpha; as value 0 %), but still there are 4 handles (as spheres) for the jacket.

cop_2014.jpg
    1433 x 984 - 340K
    Post edited by lord Adam on
    edited December 1969

Likely in the hierarchy somewhere.
    Also, if you just rotate that light a little bit, it will hit your character better

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Transparent objects appear in the Assembly Room but should be gone while rendering.

edited December 1969

Quite often those little handles don't, though. So we have to get rid of them one way or another.

They're usually fairly easy to spot within the Hierarchy. Sometimes we can then select them and remove the check from the "Visible" box. If there isn't sch a box in the general tab, try looking in the 'Parameters' tab.

And then if all else fails, just find them in the texture room and give them an invisible shader. I have such a shader stored in my browser which is a mult-channel shader with everything set to 'none' except for Alpha, which I give a "Value 1-100" slider. When the slider loads in it is set to 0% by default, so I leave it there.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Quite often those little handles don't, though. So we have to get rid of them one way or another.

They're usually fairly easy to spot within the Hierarchy. Sometimes we can then select them and remove the check from the "Visible" box. If there isn't sch a box in the general tab, try looking in the 'Parameters' tab.

And then if all else fails, just find them in the texture room and give them an invisible shader. I have such a shader stored in my browser which is a mult-channel shader with everything set to 'none' except for Alpha, which I give a "Value 1-100" slider. When the slider loads in it is set to 0% by default, so I leave it there.

I have an "invisible" shader myself for the exact same reason. I also have a shadow catcher shader saved as well.

edited December 1969

I love my browser! I, too, have a saved shadow catcher! :)
    (and many, many other stored shaders ;) )

• lord Adam said:

Click on one of the triangle, go to Parameters, Scene View, the set Visible to Off.