No Metadata files for some products.

ZiggetaiZiggetai Posts: 9
edited July 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've bought 2 products from DAz lately- Way of the Shinobi and Triclops from Luthbel and RawArt but they've both been missing metadata files. This means they don't load into my content folder but have to be searched for through the rather frustrating folder system ( for someone used to the ease of a Mac ). I wonder whether this is deliberate, a mistake or just laziness. It's certainly very disheartening because you don't find out the metadata file is missing until you go to the downloads page. I would ask Luthbel and Rawart both of whose work I love dearly and really respect to fix these problems up. For the time being I won't risk buying any more of their products. I'm even considering asking for refunds on the 2 incomplete products I've bought so far. What I love about Daz studio since the Genesis has been introduced is the ease with which I can locate files ( being as I'm an artist not a computer geek ).
Has anyone else noticed problems with metadata files?

Can Luthbel or RawArt comment on my concerns?

Kindest regards,

Dreamlocks

I just went to use the triclops from RawArt and I have to apologise for jumping to the conclusion that the metadata file being missing would affect the file. It’s a beautiful product as always and works wonderfully.

I would still appreciate some feedback from Luthbel on the Way of the Shinobi files.

Many thanks,
Dreamlocks.

Post edited by Ziggetai on

Comments

• ZiggetaiZiggetai Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I just went to use the triclops from RawArt and I have to apologise for jumping to the conclusion that the metadata file being missing would affect the file. It's a beautiful product as always and works wonderfully.

I would still appreciate some feedback from Luthbel on the Way of the Shinobi files.

Many thanks,
    Dreamlocks.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I haven't got the product so I cannot check. But when you installed it and opend Daz Studio 4 did it ask you to Update Metadata for your newly installed products?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I just went to use the triclops from RawArt and I have to apologise for jumping to the conclusion that the metadata file being missing would affect the file. It's a beautiful product as always and works wonderfully.

Many thanks,
    Dreamlocks.

Did you check in the Smart Content presets? Triclops is in mine. Like many of the newest products, the Metadata files are present in the trx file.

Can't say about the Shinobi preset being in Smart Content as I don't own it.

HTH, John

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Many thanks,
    Dreamlocks.

Did you check in the Smart Content presets? Triclops is in mine. Like many of the newest products, the Metadata files are present in the trx file.

Can't say about the Shinobi preset being in Smart Content as I don't own it.

HTH, John
    Everything I've installed in the last few months has had the MetaData present in the main installer. Even the ones that come with a seperate metadata file also have it in the main installer too.

• ZiggetaiZiggetai Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I actually put in a support ticket on Shinobi and I was right that the metadata was missing. I've encountered this problem with a few products over the last 6 months but I can usually find them somewhere in the content folders. However, this one stumped me. Support had to direct me to the folder where the items reside. Big hassle from my point of view.

For anyone else having the same problems with this file here's the path...
    Content Library Tab --> DAZ Studio Formats --> My Library --> People --> Genesis --> Clothing --> Luthbel --> Way of the Shinobi.

Please content providers, I beg you... Make it easy on your customers.

Cheers,

Dreamlocks

• spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

I've struggled with similar issues, missing metadata and not being able to find the thing I installed yesterday; and had some frustration coming to grips with the content library. But from all that I think you would find easier to locate the new install in the Products tree in the Content Library by the first letter of the product name; then if you prefer you can right-click on any the individual icons and select Show in/Mapped Folder and it will take you to the place where that file shows up in the directory-structure tree.