DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.1.33 General Release, Now Available!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited May 2014 in Poser Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the public version of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.1.1.33!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 1.1.1.33 version resolves a few issues since the 1.1.1.17 General Release. This is a maintenance release intended to maintain parity with the corresponding DAZ Studio General Release (4.6.1.33) where features and/or fixes are common. All new downloads of the DSON Importer for Poser product (SKU: 14897) will be of this version. A Change Log with additional information can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Highlights are:

- Added a Figure ID (FID_) property to skeletons; used in the automation of cross-figure fitting adjustments when conformed
- Fixed an issue with AutoFollow

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, or the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, content packages been updated too?

Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product have been updated.

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DSON Importer for Poser product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DSON Importer for Poser" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install DSON Importer for Poser from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DSON Importer for Poser" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green "download & install" button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue "download" button to download the standalone installer.

If this is your first time downloading DSON Importer for Poser, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

The simple answer is... You should only have one version of the DSON Importer for Poser installed at a time.

The more complicated answer is yes, but you can only have one version of DSON Importer for Poser installed per installation of Poser 9/Pro 2012, 10/Pro 2014. Poser 9 and 10 are only 32 bit, while Poser Pro 2012 and Pro 2014 offer the ability to install both a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Within the User Guide section, you will find information relating to:

- Installation and Requirements
- Using the DSON Importer for Poser
- Converting Content for use with the DSON Importer for Poser

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I was wondering if this is the latest version of the DSON Importer or is it this one 1.1.2.117? I am wanting to make sure I have the most up to date one :-). Thank you and take care.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I was wondering if this is the latest version of the DSON Importer or is it this one 1.1.2.117? I am wanting to make sure I have the most up to date one :-). Thank you and take care.

I didn't even know about 1.1.2.117 until reading your post. It's the newest one.

edited December 1969

That is why I was asking...lol. I did not know there was an update until I checked the one in DIM and the Manual Installer. They were totally different versions so I just went with the Manual Install one which was the 1.1.2.117 :-). I was so confused that I kept installing one and uninstalling the other....I did that several times, then I said forget this I am going to stick with the manual install one...sigh. My brain was starting to hurt just trying to figure it all out :blush: !

• SarunaSaruna Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Dim only load the older version 117. Even today when I have deinstalled Dson over DIM and delete it to reload it.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And the change log stops at 1.1.1.17 ...
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/change_log

Now what???

edited December 1969

I have even made a manualy download and the Readme tells me about version 133 but when I look in preferences it shoes still version 117.
    I have also problems that character morphs don't work in Poser with Dson but only in Daz Studio.

edited December 1969

In my Control Panel the DSON Importer says I have version 1.1.2.117. I downloaded the Importer from The My Account page in the Product Library and I clicked on the Blue download button not the green one. That is how I got the newest version of it I guess :-). Hope this helps some.

edited December 1969

Thank you - this is just the way I did it but in preferences of Dson version 117 is listed.
    But I have now a success with a character morph. I load first V6 and dann apply morphs. First I load G2F and nothing happened.

edited December 1969

Saruna, if you are on a PC go to your Desktops Control Panel, click on Programs, then click on Uninstall a Program, and look in there for DSON Importer, Highlight it and at the bottom it should show the version number. Hope this helps a little :-).

edited December 1969

Thank you for your answer, Islandgurl31 :)
    In Control programs Dson is shown as version 117 too.
    I use the 64 bit Windows Version because I use PP 2014 64 bit. Perheps your systen is onother one.

Main thing is, the DSon Importer works. ;)

edited December 1969

Oh wow maybe that is the reason. I only have Poser 10 so I have to use the 32 bit version :red: . Hopefully the 64 bit one gets an update soon :-). I hope you have a wonderful day....and now I got to go to Physical Therapy.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.2.117 is the current version; both 32 and 64-bit, despite not being "announced". DSON Importer for Poser shares code with the DAZ Studio core, and so it is built every time DAZ Studio is built. Sometimes that means a build doesn't have anything that should directly affect how the importer operates (i.e. additions, tweaks, fixes that don't affect reading, writing, geometry, etc) but is part of the shared core, while other times it means something in the shared portion of code does affect it, or something specific to the importer in an unshared portion of code. Regardless, it gets built so that we can keep them synchronized, as that helps us (and now that you know this, you) keep track of which versions of the importer are intended to support content made in a particular version of DAZ Studio; assuming a given feature is supported.

The last two numbers in the version (i.e. 1.1.x.x) of DSON Importer for Poser will generally be the same as the current version of DAZ Studio. There can be exceptions, like there is currently with DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.2.117 and DAZ Studio 4.6.2.118, but they will typically stay in sync. If Install Manager tells you that there is an update, the version it provides is the current one, and thus the one you should be using to ensure the best compatibility with content in the DSON format.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Oh wow maybe that is the reason. I only have Poser 10 so I have to use the 32 bit version :red: . Hopefully the 64 bit one gets an update soon :-). I hope you have a wonderful day....and now I got to go to Physical Therapy.

No, I have Poser Pro 2014 too.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Can you update the title and first post to reflect that update, Rob?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks for coming in and clearing this confusion!

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I imported a genesis figure and put on some clothes, hair and a pose. Then I saved the Pz3 and closed it. when I reopen it I get little windows that say "importing dson data" and these windows just go on and on. I think it took 10 mins to load the PZ3. Is that normal.
    Actually it says I am using version 1.1.12.117 - is that the wrong version?

edited December 1969

Hello esther,

I think you have the current version as that is the version I have also :-).

edited December 1969

1.1.2.117 - yes that was in the DIM when I opened it today so I installed it and tried it out.
    Do you find reopening previously saved PZ3s is slow to open in poser. Perhaps because I did have binary morphs checked when I created the PZ3.

edited December 1969

I have not tried it yet....sorry. I am in the process of reinstalling all my content....sigh....so I don't have genesis installed atm! I do remember when I did have genesis installed a month ago I saved it as a PZ3 and it did not take that long to load for me. Hope this helps some. Take care and have a wonderful nite.

P.S. If I have time tomorrow I will try to install Genesis and try what you did :-). Sometimes I forget about the Binary morphs and end up saving with it on, but it still did not take long for the saved PZ3 to load.

edited December 1969

I had a poser skinned geneisis pz3 and that loaded quicker.
    will try again. that other file is corrupted. every time I open it and try to move something it crashes poser.

edited December 1969

esther said:
    I imported a genesis figure and put on some clothes, hair and a pose. Then I saved the Pz3 and closed it. when I reopen it I get little windows that say "importing dson data" and these windows just go on and on. I think it took 10 mins to load the PZ3. Is that normal.
    Actually it says I am using version 1.1.12.117 - is that the wrong version?

The latest version is MUCH slower loading figures. On the plus side, the Transfer active morphs script works much better on tight fitting clothing, but still not as well as natively in Studio..

edited December 1969

it makes poser unstable for me. I think because in my situation I have other python scripts which work in the background like dson does, and they collide.
    When the PZ3 crashes it becomes useless. It takes 10 minutes+ to load and then if I touch anything in the poser window, poser crashes again.
    I don't think working on a figure in poser that needs an actively running python script is going to be useful. - sadly. I did try it though, and will continue to try the updates.

edited December 1969

Joe Public has some threads at Rendo on how to make genesis into a native poser figure; it's pretty straight forward. (DAZ should do it ;-) ). I posted links to them in the Favourite Thread sticky there, but it seems to have become unstickied... :roll: Do a search on 'Hacking Genesis with JoePublic as the author over the last 300 days and they should turn up...

edited December 1969

I just set up a scene with Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 1 in it and I didn't have any problems.

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

After installing DSON, I can open .duf files in Poser 2014 Pro.
    But just for only one day, I can not open any .duf in Poser any more!

How come?

edited December 1969

I have tried poserized versions of genesis but then when I import the PZ3 to vue the clothes appear but not the poser person.
    I can save a pz3 with normal genesis that will import into vue but I have to have subd off or a ghost figure appears. With subd off the figure does not look so great in vue even if I subd in vue.
    Then I can only import V4 textured UV map ie not a male one, because the UV mapping info is in the subd not the base mesh.
    When I use genesis in poser it interferes with my other python scripts that are essential to my workflow and causes frequent crashes.
    When I use genesis in poser I find that when I have a couple of fully dressed figures my poser dials become less responsive.
    This genesis in poser works fine for people who do portraits but I do comics with crowd scenes. It can't work for me. (sadly)
    But think of all the money I'm saving by not using genesis.

edited March 2014

you know what, I haven't tried importing a properly poserized (the method JP posted about) version in vue recently. I have done it in the past and I'm sure it will import. It just won't have the correct UV map I don't think.
    I will have to give it another go. It should work okay for females at least.

Post edited by esther on
    edited December 1969

How come?

Have you installed the latest update to Poser?

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

How come?

Have you installed the latest update to Poser?

Yes, my Poser is up to date.

And I have re-installed Poser and DSON but I just still can not open any .duf files any more..

edited December 1969

When you say open duf files, you don't mean trying to open duf files directly, do you? You need to use Poser Companion files to open them unless you have that free script which will open duf files directly.