Suite 2101 Rendering Error message

IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

I got the suite 2101 today http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/suite-2101.
Its loaded and looks beautiful,

But I dunno what I'm doing wrong . But I have yet to finish a single render Suite2101 with the present lights and sky-dome it comes with .
with out the lights and sky dome no problem rendering it with my own light.

The thing is I don;t even have any characters in the scene just the empty room I was trying to get a idea what it looked like so I know where to place my characters
- 2 hours and still rendering, and I have the lux shaders and light off. I use a lot of UE lighting with ray-trace, But it has never took this long to get a few lines to even show on the progress bar.
I tried to remove the lux light from the scene and change the light map to deep shadow map and it said " error on render" and crashed the daz program doing it that way
And when i shut down and restarted daz before the rendering even starts I get this message. Is that normal?
I posted the error message below
Should I open a support ticket . I really like the looks of this set so I hope to fix the the long render issue and error message. either way I not giving back..lol I just would like to be able to use it with the sky dome.

I tried rebooting my computer and reloaded it since i restarted it, I am at 2 hours and 14 min rendering still no progress on the bar..is that normal? Any Help be appreciated.

Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

So you didn't get the tdlmake error initially? If not it sounds as if the crash may have corrupted the file or left some junk in the temp folder - first, go to the temp folder (its location is on the first tab of edit>Preferences) and delete any files it holds, with DS closed. If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstaling the content.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

So you didn't get the tdlmake error initially? If not it sounds as if the crash may have corrupted the file or left some junk in the temp folder - first, go to the temp folder (its location is on the first tab of edit>Preferences) and delete any files it holds, with DS closed. If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstaling the content.

well I cleared both the temp and the cache files and I re downloaded and reinstalled the model
    I then I reinstalled Daz before i even tried to render the set ..

Okay this is what I got Good bad & ungly..lol
    The Good thing is the error message is gone.

The bad thing is The render times are very very long with deep shadow maps it take 5.24 seconds with no characters
    I posted a snap of it when it was half rendered with deep shadow map set with the Day light setting. the finshed renders come out very grainy at shadow map settings with a lot of bad artifacts, so I know its best with raytrace. setting

The ugly
    I closed and restarted daz and loaded the set with everything again that included the lights and skydome
    I then rendered it with no characters with the present light map left alone at Night setting with the lux render settings off.

ray-trace_II.JPG
    1863 x 1088 - 266K
    render_settings.jpg
    438 x 1107 - 61K
    setting.JPG
    1210 x 1096 - 157K
    1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 165K
    deep_shadow_map_light.JPG
    1886 x 1145 - 154K
    edited March 2014

This is the finished render in Raytrace

the rendering took 22 min 13 seconds is that normal? See snap of rendering in Ray trace.
    The the finished render was really weird it didn't the have night sky. But some a checker looking window.
    see finished render
    I'm going to try it next with Glass eyes sky-dome and UE2 light and see how that works any better
    So I'll be back with those results shortly

But other wise it would not be practical to try use this in Animation with the present light set , Unless anyone has any ideas..lol
    I have a 3.33 GHZ dual 4 core intel machine with 12 gigs of rams and a Nvida 3d gtx 660 2 gig graphic card pushing direct 11c
    so my system should be more than enough

I edit this to add my render setting for you Richard in case I have something set wrong for this set.

2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 221K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2014

Okay I know for sure now it in the Sets preset light and sky dome that is not working for me .. because i bashed Stonemasons winter terain with His wt light set set at ray trace plus I added a linier point of light to one of the lamps set at ray trace

so with 2 raytrace lights and 2 kits bashed together , it took less time and less resources. than with the present what gives?

it took 3.32 seconds to final render
    I posted my settings as well

resources.JPG
    817 x 794 - 129K
    scene1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 204K
    Capture3.JPG
    1504 x 992 - 120K
    Capture2.JPG
    377 x 887 - 38K
    Capture1.JPG
    223 x 1045 - 35K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

That window looks like a doubled up mesh.

edited March 2014

mjc1016 said:
    That window looks like a doubled up mesh.

I know right it does I even cheaked to make sure it wasn't. but it was just one single load set

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2014

Okay I started another attempt to render this set with the preset light and sky-dome with it set at Daylight and right off i got a bunch of error readings

a little less resource intensive this time thought but still taking for ever to render

Capture.JPG
    1875 x 911 - 164K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited March 2014

20 mins later only at 16% using 100% of my cpu ,, this is not right would you say? lol

Capture.JPG
    1876 x 1071 - 262K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

I stopped rendering at 27minutes .45seconds because it was using to much of my cpu and was heating my CUP coolant over 160C
    even though i have a liquid cool processor I never let my coolant temp get above 165 C,
    I'm rather over protective of my computer.

So anyway
    My conclusion is the preset light and Sky-dome do not work for me for some reason. But i can bash other kits with mufti-ray-trace lights with it no problem..

Any Ideas to why this is? if you need my log file please let me know i'd be happy to send it to you..
    other wise right now the present part of this set is pretty much useless to me right now

edited March 2014

Well I think it maybe its best to have Lux-render to use the included preset lights and sky because even with the lux setting off it is still very long renders, & very resource intensive.

But the good side is I am able to use it with other UE2 light sphere,s and Sky domes with no prob;ems

I render this last one took 1minute.48 seconds , I used Glass-eye Sky-dome and my own UE2 light sphere
    it gave me a great result, i guess I can live with that

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 196K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just did this in DS4.6 in just over 4mins. The trick is to be sure your only loading the DS content for it all. The best way to be sure is...
    Content Library>My DAZ 3D Library>Environments>Architecture>Hole>Suite2101 and be sure you only load the DS stuff.

Room.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited March 2014

I did that Jeff like 3 times Did you use the included lights and Sky-dome because one setting says Daz & one says Daz + lux
    I have tried loaded the scene with no lights and sky dome and load them in individually with the lux setting all; off
    .lol I have yet to have a render take less than 20 minutes using them so I am sure it something i'm not got loaded right .. I keep getting TDmake errors as well .even though all I have is the daz options loaded., is it possible the lux shut off setting is not working on my system? if so I wonder why it would be still doing it after i had re installed everything?

I'll keep working at it today and see if i can find what I am doing wrong

Capture4.JPG
    1503 x 1151 - 122K
    Capture5.JPG
    1783 x 1034 - 171K
    Capture3.JPG
    1448 x 1066 - 177K
    Capture2.JPG
    1427 x 1088 - 111K
    Capture.JPG
    1298 x 1044 - 77K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

This is my render settings -set at defualt settings

Capture6.JPG
    400 x 935 - 59K
    edited December 1969

Okay this is what I have done.. I uninstalled Daz Studio program and did a complete new clean Install. of Daz.( this is the second time i have done this)
    I loaded the 2101 set again like i normally did with the lux shut off . and rendered camre1 scene

It took 5 minutes 12 seconds which is a vast improvement with only 80% use or PC resources , I took into account for my render size of HD 1920 x1080
    I very happy with the results.

Thanks everyone for the help

scne1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 189K
  • HoleHole Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Hello Ivy, sorry you are having trouble with this, I would have responded sooner but my health is not too good right now.

The product page got a bit mangled and is missing some text, there was supposed to be a note that the promos were done with progressive rendering on and disabling would have a negative effect on render time and quality. There should be a readme texture on the TV screen.

...i'll check in later and try to give a better response when i'm feeling better

edited December 1969

Hole said:
    Hello Ivy, sorry you are having trouble with this, I would have responded sooner but my health is not too good right now.

The product page got a bit mangled and is missing some text, there was supposed to be a note that the promos were done with progressive rendering on and disabling would have a negative effect on render time and quality. There should be a readme texture on the TV screen.

...i'll check in later and try to give a better response when i'm feeling better

ha ha I would have never thought to look at the tv for the read me...lol that very cleaver
    Thanks for showing those setting it made a very big difference. and got the render time to 3 minutes
    The set works great with other Light and sky domes so I knew it had to be in some where in my settings

I'll play with it some more tonight when i get home from work
    Thank you very much for your reply

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Hole said:

ha ha I would have never thought to look at the tv for the read me...lol that very cleaver
    Thanks for showing those setting it made a very big difference. and got the render time to 3 minutes
    The set works great with other Light and sky domes so I knew it had to be in some where in my settings

I'll play with it some more tonight when i get home from work
    Thank you very much for your reply

well thats good to know cause i did not look at the tv either.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Having same exact issue. Prop will not render, even with bed in empty room. Prop is useless.