Creation series...just for Daz Studio 4.5

peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Too bad....these products look really great....but it seems that 4.5 Release isn't ready yet and there are still some problems. I'm hoping the prices on these excellent looking products stay at the current level when 4.5 comes out. It just seems strange, releasing products that can only be used in a Beta version. Just sayin'

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

What series are you talking about? I don't see anything under new products.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I had them both in my cart, but I had to delete them. I didn't expect they would be for a Beta. I can't use 4.5 because Reality plugin for that version not released yet (among other things)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/creation-engineer/

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/creation-machine/

edited December 1969

I don't see where it says that it ONLY works in 4.5 and only that it is compatible with 4.5

I highly doubt that it won't work in the 4 version? But I will send the vendor a PM and ask.

I personally have the release candidate installed but also wish that all the plugins and such weren't broken with it. A major hassle and not sure how its even considered a release candidate. :S

But again, I will ask and see if these work in the real version of DS4.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

It flatout says that it is for 4.5 only. It uses .DUF format which only works in the now Beta version

cremess.jpg
    600 x 180 - 9K
    edited December 1969

Oh... I did indeed miss that.

I personally hate the new DUF format and I'm pretty bummed to hear that...

Sad news. So sorry!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I've been using DS 4.5 for a while now and, while it's certainly not problem-free, I haven't found it any buggier than 4.0 (your results may vary). It's also much faster and has nice features like an improved AutoFit that preserves the morphs. For what it's worth, I recommend giving it a try (unless you use Reality, or GenX, or other plug-ins that aren't yet compatible).

• marchflymarchfly Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

May I direct you to Creation Machine thread on fourth page for the answer to this Acanthis says it works beautifully in 4 so hope this has not killed his sales?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Ok yes they were made in DS4.5 the "Creation Machine works in DS4" by using the poser format the Daz presets should work in both 4 and 4.5 I had someone with DS4 do a render to check it out.

Creation Engineer is for DS4.5 I thought they would have it out of beta to but I can't go back now. I do have the Poser V4 version out at another place at the moment.

I hope this gives you a better idea, sorry! for the confusion I don't have any say at what they write on the requirement part, that's DAZ.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

That's great!! Sold. I hoped this was the case and I thought it should be cleared up before you lost too many sales. I want to be clear, though. Does the DAZ store model work in Poser or do I need to look at another site?

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    That's great!! Sold. I hoped this was the case and I thought it should be cleared up before you lost too many sales. I want to be clear, though. Does the DAZ store model work in Poser or do I need to look at another site?

The Creation Machine come in two versions a Poser file and a DS file.
    To get it to work work in Poser you need only the poser one installed.
    To get it to work in DS4 you will need both installed in your DAZ content dir
    use the poser format to find the figure under midnight_stories. Then once
    you have the figure in your scene swap back to the DS dir to use the DS presets.
    Yes a bit of extra work but better than nothing LOL

The Creation Engineer sorry but Genesis version is for DS4.5
    But if you get the V4 Poser version from CP then you can use that in DS4 not the Genesis version.
    Probably confused you more now.
    This is what the V4 poser version looks like a bit different different helmet.

ENG02.jpg
    800 x 800 - 363K
    ENG05.jpg
    800 x 800 - 389K
    ENG01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 392K
    edited December 1969

I think I'll wait until 4.5 is working to get the Creation Engineer. I really like the helmet as part of the total design. If it weren't for the fact that 4,5 is an all-or-nothing proposition. In other words, that I could have BOTH 4,5 and 4 on the same computer I would jump at this great design. It is a wonderful piece of artwork. I'm sorry for you that your hard work can't be properly represented. I have become more concerned about DAZ in recent months. First a new guy running the show...an "improved" website that is still not working very well. Now this 4,5 which is not backward compatible. The last is a bit unfair on my part because I understand, at times, you have to totally re-tool and start over to build a better mousetrap. I am really hoping that we'll be looking back on this time a year from now and enjoying the improvements.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    I think I'll wait until 4.5 is working to get the Creation Engineer. I really like the helmet as part of the total design. If it weren't for the fact that 4,5 is an all-or-nothing proposition. In other words, that I could have BOTH 4,5 and 4 on the same computer I would jump at this great design. It is a wonderful piece of artwork. I'm sorry for you that your hard work can't be properly represented. I have become more concerned about DAZ in recent months. First a new guy running the show...an "improved" website that is still not working very well. Now this 4,5 which is not backward compatible. The last is a bit unfair on my part because I understand, at times, you have to totally re-tool and start over to build a better mousetrap. I am really hoping that we'll be looking back on this time a year from now and enjoying the improvements.

I've just spent the morning installing DS4 on an old machine and I'm going to have a good hard look if there is a simple way I can get a DS4 version the morph files and presets should be the same. I'm not make any promises but this will come up on a few products in the coming months so I have to give it a go.

edited December 1969

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

edited December 1969

Still going well at this stage just a few more tweaks with the weight maps on the suit and it's done. So hope to get it into QA for the DS4 test in a day or two. Here's a few renders for Reality2 I think someone was asking for one. Just a straight export one distant light

m52.jpg
    600 x 800 - 147K
    m51.jpg
    600 x 800 - 194K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited July 2012

The .duf files in DS4.5 are pretty much the same thing as the .dsf files in 4.0, so a simple change of the file extension might be all that's needed to get them to work in 4.0

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited December 1969

You know that was the first thing I tried but DS4 doesn't recognize the 4.5 morph files and it wouldn't conform. So I just had to re-import the OBJ files then recreate the morphs again. Presets needed no changes at all. They had to be built from scratch again and I'm still playing with the weight maps, this is where I miss 4.5 it's weight mapping is 100% better than 4. At the moment I have my ankle in ice, my ankle gave out 2k from home and It was bloody slow and painful walk back and I have a nice lump on the side of my head, so things will be a bit slow for a while, tomorrow's another day LOL.

• marchflymarchfly Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

:lol: So sorry to hear about your accident, We .will survive for a day or two , without you. put your feet up midnight.I'm sure you will be back on that computer in no time

edited December 1969

OK need some help I'm not sure if they have updated the Creation Engineer or not the popup for the new stuff is there but they aren't displaying as DS4 compatible and I don't know if the new visor and hide gloves pose is in so could someone do a reset to see if any of the new stuff is there.
    Thanks

p8-forum.jpg
    615 x 800 - 370K