AtticAnne's Attempts at Art

atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited June 2012

just keep having fun - nice action snap

you got ice tea in the cooler ?

on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

Post edited by bigh on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited June 2012

AtticAnne said:
    I have been using Studio 4 for 10-1/2 months and have very little to show for it. I do save as scene, so I started going back through and trying to straighten all the messes I made. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I'm not saying Studio is hard, but...

I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
    Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? :lol:

I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
    Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
    Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

I am still keeping my scenes simple after 3 years of being a Daz user :lol:

If there are areas you you require specific help with just holler.....!

Post edited by kylumi on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

The Mil horse is supposed to be wearing the blanket from Opti-tex. It was supposed to be a circus/carnival horse with a rider. If I ever got the blanket positioned, then I was going to glitz it up for the circus.

I'm rotating this one to the bottom of my to-do list. Things are slowly beginning to click and maybe by the time it comes up again I will have learned how to put the blanket on the horse.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    just keep having fun - nice action snap

you got ice tea in the cooler ?

on the horse - does she have clothes on ?

The ball player is for my grandson Sasha. He got to play soccer last fall and loves it.

I don't think there is anything in the cooler, but it looks like I dropped a fork on the ground.

That poor horse. I just cannot get the blasted blanket positioned. If I ever do, then I'll probably find out I can't position the rider or her hat. I think at one point I had the horse wearing the hat on its neck.

edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    AtticAnne said:

I can see you are finding things a little tricky but, you at least have some good basics going for you.
    Your little football guy works as does your camping scene but, I am not sure what is going on with the horsey? :lol:

I would suggest that you concentrate on a single figure scene to start off with.
    Then use that figure as a test bed to familiarise yourself with lighting, posing and clothing etc.
    Basically what I am saying is keep your scenes simple until you feel confident enough to go onto multi-character renders.

Thanks for taking a look and critiquing. My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she's playing with DAZ again. You just think the camping scene works because I didn't show all of it. Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space. I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions.

You are right about keeping it simple. The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den. My daughter wouldn't even let me keep it on my computer--didn't want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses. So all tries at that got deleted. But I laughed until I cried.

edited December 1969

Heeerreeee's Amy, dressed in an elven outfit. This was easier that most.

at_Amy_elven5_small.png
    785 x 616 - 200K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

the blanket is fun to use - I put it on lots of models for a contest ( didn't win ) - had fun for sure
    if I can find the snaps , will post one

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Anne is getting the hang of it! I like this one, so CUTE!

Thank you, Jade. It was a spur-of-the-moment to see if the elven dress would easily fit Amy and it did with no problems. I love DAZ 4. I have 3 books being delivered today--2 on Bryce and the Avatars book.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    kylumi said:
    AtticAnne said:

Thanks for taking a look and critiquing. My family is becoming used to my gales of laughter and just say, well, she's playing with DAZ again. You just think the camping scene works because I didn't show all of it. Somewhere there are baked potatoes with pats of butter floating off into outer space. I sure did jump into this with lofty ambitions.

You are right about keeping it simple. The first thing I ever tried involved 2 guys sitting in front of a bear den. My daughter wouldn't even let me keep it on my computer--didn't want Sasha to see it and I had managed to get the guys into very compromising poses. So all tries at that got deleted. But I laughed until I cried.

ROFL..................and, that is exactly what it is all about...........having fun as you go.
    My family used to laugh themselves silly at my stuff..........now, I charge them for viewings :lol:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Heeerreeee's Amy, dressed in an elven outfit. This was easier that most.

Now this image looks really super, and is the type of POV I would create myself.
    My only problem with it is ...................... I am seeing multi-pixelation. Could you upload a Jpeg version for me to see, please? :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

All I can say is you are coming along very well Anne. I love to watch new users get to the point that they out do me. I bet you catch and pass me before the year is out.

edited December 1969

The Caprinia Solarium set is quite large. I keep losing my figures and props in it. This is just a small shot of what I've done so far.

at_CapriniaSolarium_Stinger3.jpg
    785 x 785 - 430K
    edited December 1969

This is David 3. He got shoved to the back, but has now resurfaced.

at_David3_Corroded4.jpg
    785 x 785 - 349K
    edited December 1969

You've been holding out on me. But that's good. Now I see what you can do. I'll keep this in mind for the next class. ;-)

edited December 1969

Thanks, Jade. I have no method, just madness. They'll probably be better with cameras and lights.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:

My family used to laugh themselves silly at my stuff..........now, I charge them for viewings :lol:
    What a great idea. LOL Funny

As others have said keep it simple and slowly build up to bigger scenes.

But as I said in the 101 class thread, play with it, test things out on primatives when you can. Reading about how these progarms make things happen is a good start in understanding the programs themselves.

edited December 1969

I worked on this all day for the Newcomers Contest, went to post it, and discovered it closed yesterday, not today. It will be some time before I look at her again because after a month of her, I'm plain sick and tired . I don't think her boots will ever fit. This posing exercise has made me resolve to leave my people barefoot if the shoe don't fit the first time. I ain't agonna force it any more.

Thanks to all you great people who helped me. Some of it stuck, some of it didn't. That's okay, some days I don't even know what my name is.

at_piratepinup12b.jpg
    785 x 785 - 447K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357
    edited December 1969

I'm so sorry you missed the deadline. I know just what you mean about the boots. I hate using footwear because I can ever get them to work right. I started doing all my renders barefoot.

edited December 1969

Whenever I saw a post about problems with shoes, I thought how hard could it be? Well, now I know. I wonder if it's any better in 4.5.

edited December 1969

Well done, my friend ....................did you fit the boots BEFORE or AFTER you posed your character? :ohh:

edited December 1969

Thanks, kylumi. I fit the boots after posing the figure.

• revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

Just dropping by to say: Great renders :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

AtticAnne said:
    I worked on this all day for the Newcomers Contest, went to post it, and discovered it closed yesterday, not today. It will be some time before I look at her again because after a month of her, I'm plain sick and tired . I don't think her boots will ever fit. This posing exercise has made me resolve to leave my people barefoot if the shoe don't fit the first time. I ain't agonna force it any more.

Thanks to all you great people who helped me. Some of it stuck, some of it didn't. That's okay, some days I don't even know what my name is.

Cool stuff Anne! Was this a daz render? and did you render her with the background or layer her in during post work? I ask cos recently I learned you could render in daz as a PNG file, already smoothly cut out. I totally use it all the time now :)

Love her outfit Too!! I found myself looking for Jack Sparrow with protruding eyes and a not so hidden expression of eyeing her off! HAHA!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Whenever I saw a post about problems with shoes, I thought how hard could it be? Well, now I know. I wonder if it's any better in 4.5.

Yes I'm sure the problems in 4.5. will be much bigger and better. ;-) Hi Anne just thought I'd add myself to your growing fan club, keep up the good work.

edited December 1969

Just dropping by to say: Great renders :)

Thank you, revenger681.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    AtticAnne said:

Cool stuff Anne! Was this a daz render? and did you render her with the background or layer her in during post work? I ask cos recently I learned you could render in daz as a PNG file, already smoothly cut out. I totally use it all the time now :)

Love her outfit Too!! I found myself looking for Jack Sparrow with protruding eyes and a not so hidden expression of eyeing her off! HAHA!

All DAZ Studio renders...I don't know how to do any others yet. I did her first and saved as a scene. Then added to a background and rendered. I like PNGs. The outfit is a texture outfit for Lassie of the Seas.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Yes I'm sure the problems in 4.5. will be much bigger and better. ;-) Hi Anne just thought I'd add myself to your growing fan club, keep up the good work.

Actually, I find shoes much easier in 4.5.

Thanks, I hope to get some more renders done and up this week.

edited September 2012

WHAT? Annie, you been holding out on me? Come on and get me some renders done, been missing you. You been off learning while I was not watching?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Evidently not learning anything. I'm posting a render over to Basics 101.