dissapearing tabs

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have my Windows 7 64-bit PC set up with the main studio window on the left monitor and a lot of tabs on the right monitor. Every so often when I start DAZ Studio, all the tabs on the right monitor are gone. I have to open them again, and they start out at the small default size. Any idea what I might be doing to trigger this, if anything?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DS stores the layout you have at close. And then opens with the same Tabs ect...

Is this what you are seeing? If you Close a window it's gone, if you leave one open its still open. That's what I see every time. I have to set it to what I expect before I shut down.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I am not closing the second window with the tabs in it. When I exit DAZ Studio, I close the main window. The tabs in the second window return on startup most of the time, usually for weeks or months before it suddenly resets.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Save your layout so that you can easily restore it when this happens.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That has happended to me before, I did not understand untill you said it works for awhile and then just disappears. I do as Fixmypcmike says and even copy a backup of the layout file to another folder. I have had my setups get randomly replaced with the setup at close. I think it happens during large file saves but I can not prove it.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll start saving my layout for quick recovery until I can find out for sure what's causing this and resolve it.