How Big should it be?

whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I did a tutorial this weekend for a crate and it is mainly geared for Poser as far as setting up and packaging. The crate wss completed in hexagon. When I import into Daz (I want to learn how to set it up that way also) it was too small.

So to get something to scale should that be done in Hexagon or Daz? I am confused. Also am I aiming for real world scale or Vickie and Mike scale or is there a difference.

Thanks.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

When I import into Daz (I want to learn how to set it up that way also) it was too small.

When you import, there's a drop-down option at the top of the import dialog to select different scale presets; Hexagon is one of them. Did you use that? If you've set the real-world dimensions of your object accurately in Hexagon, then it'll import at exactly the same size if you use the Hexagon preset.
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

When I import into Daz (I want to learn how to set it up that way also) it was too small.

When you import, there's a drop-down option at the top of the import dialog to select different scale presets; Hexagon is one of them. Did you use that? If you've set the real-world dimensions of your object accurately in Hexagon, then it'll import at exactly the same size if you use the Hexagon preset.

Yes, I did see that and used that for import. The video itself wasn't concerned with size so I wanted to know how I should set it up and where. So if I am understanding, I can set my object up in Hexagon with real world measurements and then export it into Daz and use the Hexagon option to keep the same size.

I won't get a chance tonight but tomorrow night I'll look at it again and see about sizing options in Hexagon.

Thanks.