Bruise packs?

CelexaCelexa Posts: 73
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Are there any bruise packs compatible with modern DAZ studio? I'm talking about an overlay of sorts that would work with any texture I already have in use. (Basically like the Inked version included with "SHOOTBabes Nikita" character.)

I did see two bruise/wound packs in the shop, one seems to work only with DAZ 3.0 or earlier and the other says it's for poser. I'm loathe to buy the poser version since I'm guessing it's like Shana's Inked tattoo sets, i.e. scripts that work only in Poser.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Marieah's sets should work in DS4. They may say they need DS3, but that means "at least", not "only" - at the time they were released DS3 would have been the newest version.

• CelexaCelexa Posts: 73
    edited September 2012

Marieah's set's say they require Multi-Layered Image Editor. It's the editor that said "This product is only compatible with DAZ Studio 3 and earlier DAZ Studios."
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/multi-layered-image-editor

So I'm now confused, if it works, why is the last tag line still there?

Post edited by Celexa on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited September 2012

MLIE is included with DS4 Pro, and presets shouldn't require the plugin anyway. Here's genesis with three of the Grimeinizer presets applied to a base skin in Ds 4.5

MLIE.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 575K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have MOST of those packs and they all work very well in DS4.5P.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Pimping my own "LIE Wound Makeup Artist". Lets you select the surface area and apply from a wounds library of effects.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lie-wound-makeup-artist

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Pimping my own "LIE Wound Makeup Artist". Lets you select the surface area and apply from a wounds library of effects.

OOoooo...... Thanks for the PIMPING!! Must have, heck done did!
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    SimonWM said:

OOoooo...... Thanks for the PIMPING!! Must have, heck done did!

LOL, thank you and enjoy! :)

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:

I'm a little confused by the Color Legends. There are 3: V4, M4 and Gen 4 & Compatibility. The first 2 is easy enough, but what is the last one for? And which do I select for Genesis, M5 and V5?

Thanks for this, I have been having fun with it. Now if there were only whipped presets for the chest as well :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

The lie wound pack is awesome. Had it on my wishlist for sometime, until it was part of the PA Sale and I was able to afford it! I think it does a great job with bruises and it looks pretty good, although I would like some 'ighter' bruises for that healing look, it does a good job. Here's a quickie render.

1.jpg
    248 x 271 - 15K
    edited December 1969

Hi Doctor Jellybean, the third option yellow colored icons are unisex; for both Victoria & Michael 4. Most yellow icon effects also work with Victoria 5 and Michael 5 textures, The ones that get cropped in generation 5 for template differences you can most of the time fit by moving them around using the Layered Image Editor viewport and move cursor.

Hi SereneNight, remember that you can make those bruises lighter with the Layered Image Editor by controlling its opacity.

LIEWoundSupport.jpg
    1920 x 1158 - 983K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

Thank you Simon!

• donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

How would you get these to work with Micheal 6?

Thanks,

edited December 1969

You would need to find the texture folder for the overlays on your PC in your content folder and then use the LIE to add the overlay to a texture not supported such as a M6 texture. IF this set allows that. I have not checked.

edited December 1969

The set is being updated for Generation 6.

edited December 1969

Ok, that is great.

I think the main issue that I am seeing is that the image maps for the Gen 6 are so much larger than in Gen 4.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

aeternali said:
    Ok, that is great.

I think the main issue that I am seeing is that the image maps for the Gen 6 are so much larger than in Gen 4.

That could be overcome by scaling the images, but you'd lose some detail that way. I'd scale up the overlays...

At least until the update goes live.

edited March 2014

The set was done for Victoria and Michael 4 and 4096 x 4096 texture maps weren't as common as they are now (they were named "elite" back then). There is a high resolution section on this set geared towards "elite" textures.

I have to specify the upcoming "update" is not a free update. Just like Wet Body and Wet Body Gen 5, the product is being updated as a new product for Generation 6. Going to a different set of UVs and in this case resolution (in some areas) means as much work as the first time, just (perhaps) less research work. Sorry if I've caused confusion about this.

Post edited by SimonWM on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    aeternali said:
    Ok, that is great.

That could be overcome by scaling the images, but you'd lose some detail that way. I'd scale up the overlays...

At least until the update goes live.

I tired but as you predicted you loose a lot of detail.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    The set was done for Victoria and Michael 4 and 4096 x 4096 texture maps weren't as common as they are now (they were named "elite" back then). There is a high resolution section on this set geared towards "elite" textures.

I have to specify the upcoming "update" is not a free update. Just like Wet Body and Wet Body Gen 5, the product is being updated as a new product for Generation 6. Going to a different set of UVs and in this case resolution (in some areas) means as much work as the first time, just (perhaps) less research work. Sorry if I've caused confusion about this.

I would buy it right away. :)

edited December 1969

aeternali said:
    SimonWM said:

Good to know. Work has started on this.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

will it include some puckery scars?

i do stories with space pirates and haven't been able to make a puckered scar that looks real in close-ps.

i have a pirate with a scar from under his eye to his lip and the lip is pulled up a bit from the scar.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

will it include some puckery scars?

i do stories with space pirates and haven't been able to make a puckered scar that looks real in close-ps.

i have a pirate with a scar from under his eye to his lip and the lip is pulled up a bit from the scar.

Thanks!

That could be worked in. If you have an example you can post, even better.

edited December 1969

NICE. I'll happily grab all wound and or Bruise Pack's I can get my DS wrapped around. So needed for my projects...

• siggezsiggez Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    aeternali said:
    SimonWM said:

Any news on the updated version for Generation 6?

Waiting for that too.

edited June 2014

siggez said:
    SimonWM said:
    aeternali said:
    SimonWM said:

Any news on the updated version for Generation 6?

Waiting for that too.

Sorry, there has been an unforeseen delay on this product. I have someone collaborating with me and he has not been available to work on this in awhile. Work should resume this week. I have a couple of products that I want to release first. Since the previous set can be used on Generation 6 with little tweaking I have not given this product too much priority.

• siggezsiggez Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

What tweaking is needed to use it on gen 6? I´m trying to decide if I should wait for the update or not...

edited December 1969

siggez said:
    What tweaking is needed to use it on gen 6? I´m trying to decide if I should wait for the update or not...

DAZ characters UVs don't vary greatly from generation to generation. The most disparity lies in where the seams cut. The wounds may fall in a seam or out of the visible area. Its easy to open DAZ Layered Image Editor and move the wound to a visible area. I made a youtube tutorial that illustrates it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQo1s_i5bB4&list=PL5735233A2153DF95

The example above uses Victoria 5.

• luca_0e1f976d66luca_0e1f976d66 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any update on the Gen6 release date?

Looking forward to it...

edited September 2014

Tholus said:

Any update on the Gen6 release date?

Looking forward to it...

It is getting ready slowly but surely. I shared this product with another PA (my decision) so all the control is not on me. He is making good progress although not as fast as I would have liked. It will be definitely out before the end of the year. Like my latest Wet Body it will be geometry shells based which means interactive placement of wounds in the viewport.