In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Nope, not disappeared. =) We were just sitting on this for a bit waiting for the store to become more stable.. and it gave us some time to add more goodies for y'all!

More is always better! :cheese: er - up to a point, that is. And, to the point - any idea how big this package will be for downloading, give or take 20 MB?

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

The zip is over 60 megs.. no idea once they make it into installer(s)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    The zip is over 60 megs.. no idea once they make it into installer(s)

OK -- probably 83 to 87 MB with the metadata and installer cruft. I was just getting a bit concerned, the way the two of you keep finding more goodies to add that it was going to be one of those 370 MB behemoth downloads; and since the new store, DAZ seems to be trying to stay to just one file per architecture . . . well, it gets a bit rough for those of us with only quasi-reliable download capabilities.

And I am soooo looking forward to this!

edited December 1969

Because the shaders are made for small items and use tiling almost all of the texture maps are comparatively small. There are a TON of them, but pixel size isn't like you would need for skin or fabrics.

• edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Nope, not disappeared. =) We were just sitting on this for a bit waiting for the store to become more stable.. and it gave us some time to add more goodies for y'all!

Well I'm glad to hear that, you guys have been doing an excellent job! :)
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

I know y'all have put in a boatload of time on this. But since the DAZ forums went down and their website got really messed up, I've spent a lot of time with Poser and I'm falling in love with it. I don't suppose there will be a Poser version of this? pretty please with whipped cream on top?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OH WOW!! Finally not only can I read the thread I can tell you guys exactly what I think ..........OMG!! What a team!! THese shaders look so great!!
    I want them fer sure!!
    Been trapped for awhile in horrible "Lurksville" unable to sign in,unable to post ,but I been lurking and drooling over these shaders!!
    Marieah Fisty are they soup yet???

edited December 1969

Sooooo here I've been without internet worrying wondering what was going on with this wonderful shader, did I miss it?? is it ready??
    Finally get the internet issues fixed ,and find not only was I not missed I killed the thread ........ummm some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed ........:-/

edited December 1969

It's been uploaded, we're in negotiations over promos... >.<</p>

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    It's been uploaded, we're in negotiations over promos... >.<</div>

You can post the promos they don't like for the store here though, can't you? Or do they want more/different promos?
    edited December 1969

We've posted most of them already, I'll post the couple I know haven't been shown yet.. Daz is just wanting plain balls instead of jewelry and people .. Marieah is talking with. them.

Mmm.. the ones I made were on the old forums so I'll just post 'em all. Marieah has a bunch more, so this isn't all of em by any means.

4NecklacesPromo.jpg
    700 x 910 - 356K
    CloisonneNecklacePW.jpg
    700 x 910 - 287K
    PearlPromo.jpg
    700 x 910 - 299K
    PreciousPromo.jpg
    700 x 910 - 363K
    FakesPromo.jpg
    700 x 910 - 308K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

SQUEEE. So pretty! So shiny!

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Oh my goodness! Can't wait for this! I know Fisty made that beautiful pendant, but what about some of the other jewelry shown in the pictures above? Especially the beads right above the pendants? I'm going to have to gather up all the jewelry I can find for these sparkly shaders :-)

edited December 1969

That's what I've been doing for a couple of days. Rendo does have TONS of free jewelry, as long as you're willing to scour through it instead of trying to use search...

edited December 1969

That's a pearl necklace set I found in the rendo freebie section

edited December 1969

I found lots of jewelry on my most recent manual scouring of the system, where I just picked bravely "Poser -> V4" and "Poser -> V3" categories and started from page 1...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

I love Fisty's jewelry.

edited July 2012

OOOOoooooo WOW those are gorgous !! Does DAZ prefer the Balls as promos for the shaders so that customers don't think it's the jewelry they are purchaseing?? These are so beautiful ,I can't hardly wait to get hold of them!!Fisty and Marieah do great work together .......and apart!!
    It's so nice to know I didn't kill the thread .........

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Does DAZ prefer the Balls as promos for the shaders so that customers don't think it's the jewelry they are purchaseing??

Yeah, I think so.. but all of Marieah's shaders and my hardcore utility shaders show the product applied to clothing and it's never caused any problems with people knowing what they are. IMO, there is avoiding possible confusion and then there is assuming your customers are utterly stupid... in this case I think it's going too far. It's easy enough to put "jewelry props and character not included" on the bottom of the promo. Not showing jewelry shaders on jewelry kinda of defeats the purpose and will lower sales.

edited December 1969

Yeah but there is the probablity of somebody looking and "WOOOOoo SHINEY" their brain melts ,and of course at that time Murphy's Law will apply and they won't see anything but jewelry .........but I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya'll .and keep waiting .

edited December 1969

Eh.. true... ooh shiney reflex is pretty strong. But this is going to be a huge set with reasonable price tag, if it was like 10 bucks that would happen more. And if they do buy it thinking it's jewelry they'll still have like 800 shaders they can use on all that jewelry they've collected for poser that looks like crud in DS. Chances that we'll have returns is still very low other than the few people that will completely space that it's for DS only. (which is much less likely to happen at the daz store these days than at other brokerages.. people check more carefully here)

edited December 1969

I 'm still learning to make stuff look like it should in DS, playing with the surface settings ,and some of the older stuff had me totally confused as to WHY??? I couldn't get them to look like the promos,but I'm getting better and I think these shaders are gonna just make so much of a pop!!

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I'll add my 2 cents - I think you ladies have made it clear that this is shaders, NOT jewelry, (well except I think the most excellent pendant by Fisty is still included?) and I for one really appreciate being able to see how it looks applied to jewelry, and jewels, rather than to balls, which don't really ignite that "must have this" feeling because - looking at a ball with a shader applied to it doesn't give a clear enough image of how Victoria or Michael is going to look wearing that jewelry... I've bought all Mariah and Teresa and Fisty's shaders BECAUSE seeing the images of the characters in the clothing with the shaders applied made me realize what fantastic use these products have ... seeing a ball with these shaders applied would probably not have sold them to me - so I am happy you all put these threads up and stuff them full of fantastic pictures. (I imagine this sells clothing sets as well, it does for me since they look so good with the shaders.) By the time the product comes out I am sure I can't live without it! ;-P

edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    (well except I think the most excellent pendant by Fisty is still included?)

Yep

edited December 1969

Well if the pendant is included, couldn't you/DAZ use that instead of boring balls? :)

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,889
    edited December 1969

Wow! I knew you two were working on these, but I've had my head over a bubbling vat of poses for the last several weeks and missed a lot of what you all had developed. I decided to take a break and come tromp around in the forums when I found this thread.

I am so very much looking forward to this set. You all do such wonderful work, and I can see neither of you skimped on the quality. The cloisonne' is simply fabulous, stunning actually. I will be waiting, patiently, for these to hit the store. (Patiently, only because I have two pose sets and a clothing item to finish first before I can have time to play.)

edited December 1969

For some of it.. the sparkly ones, both kinds, are designed for specific types of mesh.. they look okay but don't show off there true potential on an item like that. Mainly because the disk pendant is very smooth and has a lot of polygons. The sparklys work their magic by showing off the "facets" of the polygons, so they look really good on low to mid polycount objects or things specifically modeled to have facets.

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I found lots of jewelry on my most recent manual scouring of the system, where I just picked bravely "Poser -> V4" and "Poser -> V3" categories and started from page 1...

Thanks for this tip, Skiriki! I found a ton of jewelry this way, some of it quite nice. I've been watching and waiting for Gemologica to come out for a long time, and this is the perfect way to celebrate that it's almost here.

If anyone's interested, let me know and I can post the freebie links to Renderosity jewelry here so other people don't have to do the manual scouring. It would be sorted into the following categories for both V4 and V3: jewelry bundles, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, tiaras, naval piercings, and miscellaneous. Each category would have the newest items first, oldest items last.

I'm a newbie, so I'm not sure which jewelry freebies are the best for Gemologica, so I included everything in my link list.

edited December 1969

I do dare say that you should post the link collection, I just went in braindead mode and kinda plowed in with "nice, nice, eh, nice, eh, nah, nice, nice" and downloaded without saving links. :)

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I do dare say that you should post the link collection, I just went in braindead mode and kinda plowed in with "nice, nice, eh, nice, eh, nah, nice, nice" and downloaded without saving links. :)

That's what I started doing too, but then I backed up and copied everything over. I'm generally a lurker on the forums, so it's a nice way to pay back everyone who shares their knowledge so freely.

And thanks Skiriki for letting me know if I should post the links. As a newbie, I wasn't sure if people would tell me to post it in the freebie section or something.

I'm finishing the categories now, and will post the links probably in a few hours, since real life will interrupt.