The Neanderthal [Commercial]

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Hi Guys, I would like to show you new prototype of upcoming new character for genesis
the product will include the full body morph, 3D scalp hair , Eyebrows hair, facial hair
poncho , fur dress with additional 3d hair for better effect plus spear and stone .
\I am still working on it but would like to show you the progress and I hope you like ,
and if you like then I will do the rest of the family but that is depended of the popularity of this character based on
historical documentation and real Neanderthal's skeleton so a little reconstruction in this case .
There was a lot of version regarding to the final look like red hair, ginger blond or black but it can be always changed in the material room

I hope you like

Cath

P.S I still not finished the body textures and stuff

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2012

Neanderthal vs Caucasian Homo Sapiens

comparison-neander-vs-modern2.jpg
    766 x 750 - 66K
    comparison-neander-vs-modern.jpg
    766 x 750 - 111K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I so need this, like Now. I'm in a Primative Life project, I would pay for other stone tools also if they were made.

edited December 1969

Then you are not the only one :)
    after that I am for plan to finish Cro-Magnon also as I am half on the way with it also .the 7 feet giant early European folk
    I should be finished with the Neanderthal like this weekend already , do you have any web based info indicate about the other stone tools they used ? beside the spear and handy stone I can't find anything , the all tools was stone based but not much detailed info about
    they do as well used also some jewelries made from teeth and shell

Cath

Jaderail said:
    I so need this, like Now. I'm in a Primative Life project, I would pay for other stone tools also if they were made.
    edited July 2012

Give me a few I can get all you need. I will add links to this post as I gather them.
    This is one Friendly Site follow the links on tools for more info http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/stoneage/tool-nf.html
    Here is another http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/behavior/tools/early-tools
    And this one is a fun site http://www.stoneagetools.co.uk/

If you need more let me know.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Ok great !

Jaderail said:
    Give me a few I can get all you need. I will add links to this post as I gather them.
    edited December 1969

I added three of my fave's, I also have some on Spears and Fire Bows and clothing ect... Just let me know what your interested in.

edited December 1969

Ok but that are stone age , and I need tools at last 35.000 years old used by Neanderthals and there is not much about , what you see in the image bellow is included + fur poncho as I show before , the stone age tools could be used more for the later homo sapiens in the time of the ice age .. I will figure something out

THE_NEANDERTHAL_GENESIS_MEC4D.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 364K
    edited December 1969

Mec4D I'm a big primatve life person the Neanderthal used stone tools of the same types they were just not as refinded as the later races.
    http://www.paleodirect.com/pgset2/m199.htm
    http://www.stoneageartifacts.com/html/Artifact-Flakes-Misc.html
    http://www.paleodirect.com/m153.htm
    http://anthropology.net/2008/08/26/on-neandertal-stone-tools-estimations-of-their-intelligence/

All these are Neanderthal artifacts.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Wow!! looking great!!!! Hope it comes with the render engine you used:)

edited December 1969

Ok I will check out and make some more
    I guess if they used spears they could also make a stone axes as well as they know how attach the stones to the wood , and just because we don't found it don't mean they did not used , if they used tools for painting with a pigment then they was not that stupid as some thinking , with this size of brain I belief they was much more advanced , with the hairy version I don't believe as on this time there was a great weather in the areas where they stay and fur on the body was pointless , Eskimo living in a very cold climate and does not have fur at all so native north Americans, I wish I can add more details but so far the character is over 300 MB with all the extras not to mention the rest of the maps as specular ,normal and true displacement , will show more in the progress

edited December 1969

thanks, you own it already , well maybe not my HDRI light ... and additional lens correction and motion blur in photoshop for the last composed render is not so special ..

Zev0 said:
    edited December 1969

I still love it and Need it. Anything you do in the Primative line will be a must buy for me. Now if we had more of the Mega Fauna that lived in those days I would really be happy.

edited December 1969

I can do some scene as well but without the mega fauna , still you can add plants by yourself
    a nice cave scene with a fire place would be not bad I guess together with panorama around would make it simple and impressive as for one package , I will see if time allow me to do that , if not I could add this a little later anyway

Jaderail said:
    I still love it and Need it. Anything you do in the Primative line will be a must buy for me. Now if we had more of the Mega Fauna that lived in those days I would really be happy.
    edited July 2012

A nice Cave scene would be great!! I have loads of Enviroment sets and trees I can add but a nice Cave, That would Rock in more ways than one. Thank You for doing Items that to me seem to be over looked in the 3D world. Not everyone wants fantasy or Sc-Fi or Medeval stuff. I'm looking forward to your work.

My Primative work Food

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

he looks great! and textures look amazing to, I see you got a skin for him this time good thinking 99 LOL.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Looking great Cath! Can't wait to see the finished product...

Hugs

Pen

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I've been waiting for something like this! And it looks amazing so far.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    thanks, you own it already , well maybe not my HDRI light ... and additional lens correction and motion blur in photoshop for the last composed render is not so special ..

Zev0 said:

lol thought you used octane...

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Wow! Mr Neanderthal is looking better and better! I eagerly look forward to getting this guy, and look forward to meeting his whole family. I am sure glad someone is producing stuff for this neglected genre. I already have all of your Homo Erectus models, so Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons will be great additions.

I Googled Neanderthal and Neanderthal artifacts images and came up with quite a lot of hits. One site link that came up even showed pictures of present day people who exhibited many Neanderthal facial/body characteristics. Pretty interesting.

Cath, if you decide to do more related artifacts, here are some suggestions that could perhaps be a Neanderthal add-on pack:
    Leather sling (stone thrower) and stone
    Non-flinted spear. Some early Neanderthals are thought to have used sharpened sticks for spears with fire-hardened tips.
    Some simple wooden bowls and cups, simple baskets
    Fur ground covers
    Some animal bones, as meal remains and femur and jaw bones for weapons
    Maybe some semi-carcass food items
    I like the cave and fire-ring ideas, too.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    ...with this size of brain ...

Their brain case was larger than later man iirc, but the frontal lobes (used for logic processing) were supposedly smaller. The areas that were much larger then later man had to do with the senses. They were supposedly much better hunters in many basic ways, just not creative thinkers. They also didn't use bows from the reading and documentaries on them I've seen (but maybe they've found out something different more updated...) The stone tools found hardly change over a 100k year period, being axes, hand spears, cutting implements. They also never developed the needle like later man so no conforming clothing, just loose furs etc.
    edited December 1969

Btw, if anyone does cave for living in, watch the roof height. If the roof is too low, the rock would heat up from the fire, weaken and eventually collapse. I'm guessing that is one thing people would pass on to their kids, how to pick a cave.

edited July 2012

Neanderthal and Cro-magnon lived side by side during the Mesolithic and into the Neolithic stone age, but they were fundamentally different in both their body characteristics and tools/life styles. Since Neanderthal were much stockier they could handle the weather better then later man. That is, until later man developed the needle, tailored and layered clothing, which Neanderthal supposedly never did. Neanderthal's diet was supposedly mostly protein and meat (found through analyzing the chemical makeup of their bones among other things.) They didn't fish, harvest, and it is thought mostly went after big game rather then small, hunting from close quarters mostly lunging out from hiding spaces in woods. Later man had a much wider diet according to bone analysis (the proteins in the bone evidently are consistent with consuming plants and a wider variety of animals.)

Neanderthal skeletons also often had one arm more heavily boned then the other, indicating that it was used as a brace for a spear *a lot* and that the constant impact of that built up that arms bone density.

Neanderthal's mid section being shorter and broader meant they didn't have the flexibility of later man and through computer simulations it is believed they were very limited in both their turning at the waist, general agility, and running.

Because they it appears they didn't preserve food, nor harvest it, they couldn't support large groups, and archeological sites for Neanderthals indicate they were thinly spread out, and in groups of no more than a dozed or so.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys , well not for nothing Ron Perlman played in quest for fire movie :) he was the most authentic however they was looking more as hybrids between early humans and neanderthals doe to the high flat foreheads what neanderthals did not had at all but still cool movie ..I was working for some TV show but was canceled so decided to bring this guy into the community thanks to DON that reminds me about .. and thanks to genesis you can mix him with other morphs and create unique variations for your scene so you will not end with just one look .

Cath

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Mec, your Neandertal has an uncanny resemblance to my ex-boyfriend. Only your Neandertal is fun-sized :D Clearly my ex enjoys his modern diet...

Can't wait. I LOVE all the extras you're adding in, the hair and furs and everything, heee!

edited December 1969

The best to copy the actual cave where the bones was found , as before humans build very high rooms where they used fir places so the eventual smoke will accumulate higher , the room height change with the modern time as we skipped the fire places and stopping smoking lol now allow someone to smoke cigarette in a low ceiling room , you will need a oxygen mask , in 1939 they build mostly 9-12 feet height rooms , I need to research more the caves before anyway . Some pictures show they burn fire outside the caves but it could be in the time when the climate was still very warm , after it changed to cooler I guess they go more deep inside to keep it more warm in colder nights , like today in West-north Spain, the days are not cold even in winter but the night temperatures drop more down however they was build for that , it is like here in New York , when the spring start after winter you see people walking like in summer already as it feel warm ,but in summer when the days are so hot and at night the temperatures drop to 60 you feel cold , the body can adjust to temperatures over time as our face that don't need cover until it get very extreme cold , why you dress in cold time ? to burning minder calories, as the body burns double calories when is it very cold to keep the body warm and vice verse . Learning about others answer so many question you never would thinking about yourself as we see it as normal but that make a big sense .

I agree with you on the other post, they had shorter legs and massive hip bones , something that is not so good if you need to run fast , they used the muscle for everything they do so that like gym 24 h ,no cars, no couch no tv lol they need strong arms to kill the big animals for food however they love also sea food and living not only in caves but build a shelters they was advanced enough to be under homo sapiens neanderthalensis , our civilization make us smarter , everything we learn from each other , if we dont learn anything we would be on the same level without any language , if a modern human baby don't learn speak in time the baby never will speak again when he grow up as the ability will be lost as speech is something we learn and are not born with .so a lot of interesting stuff I learned about modern humans in comparison while researching the subject of Neanderthals , the idea that people living outside Africa owe up to 4% of their DNA to Neanderthals is even more interesting , does that make us a different species ? the difference in DNA make the different species ,just wondering where it go next ..

Gedd said:
    Btw, if anyone does cave for living in, watch the roof height. If the roof is too low, the rock would heat up from the fire, weaken and eventually collapse. I'm guessing that is one thing people would pass on to their kids, how to pick a cave.
    edited December 1969

That's funny , In South-east Poland a lot of men living in the small villages was looking just like that, heavy bone builds, very short bellow 5'11 slope heads , big flat feed and short legs with addition of blond and ginger hair , just exactly
    well myself I think my family got more the cro magnon features as we all area not bellow 5'11 and with the generation we grow to over 6 feet
    what made us giant compared to the very short people around us , however some blond and black hair mixed with all eye colors from light blue to hazel as I have 5 siblings are of them have different hair color textures and eyes as my mother ancestors are from North Europe and my Father ancestors from South what a mixture ..lol

Syndaryl said:
    Mec, your Neandertal has an uncanny resemblance to my ex-boyfriend. Only your Neandertal is fun-sized :D Clearly my ex enjoys his modern diet...

Can't wait. I LOVE all the extras you're adding in, the hair and furs and everything, heee!

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

It's so cool seeing how much interest this Neanderthal is generating. Quest for Fire is one of my all-time favorite movies, and the book was quite good tho fairly different from the movie.

About add-on props again:
    A spear, with or without flint head, that is not a perfect cylinder, more twisted, a few knobs.
    A deer antler-tip for knapping, and a roundish hammer-stone. Some flint blanks?
    A fire drill stick and base (without the bow).
    Maybe a fur wrap/loincloth without the over-the-shoulder part. Useful for more articulated posing.

I have searched hi and lo for good cave models and only found a few that are just adequate. So a good cave would be wonderful. Most occupied caves were limestone. A ceiling about twice the height of a man is minimal for smoke dispersal. A cave should have some outside foreground.

Maybe someone could do new and better savannah backdrops for the Cyclorama/DAZ Environment?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Looks fantastic, Cath, really looking forward to this.

Mec4D said:
    if a modern human baby don't learn speak in time the baby never will speak again when he grow up as the ability will be lost as speech is something we learn and are not born with

Although we're finding out that this isn't as true as we used to think -- people used to say the speech window closed at 5 or 6, but it's possible when you're older, although more difficult. My sister-in-law is autistic and learned to speak at 10.

edited December 1969

that is different case she was around the people from the beginning, I was talking about children that was not exposed to the language or civilization after 6 years of age so called Feral Children

Looks fantastic, Cath, really looking forward to this.

Mec4D said:
    if a modern human baby don't learn speak in time the baby never will speak again when he grow up as the ability will be lost as speech is something we learn and are not born with

Although we're finding out that this isn't as true as we used to think -- people used to say the speech window closed at 5 or 6, but it's possible when you're older, although more difficult. My sister-in-law is autistic and learned to speak at 10.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Wow Cath this looks so amazing! Really looking forward to this - will there be a Mrs. Neanderthal as well? :-) I am so excited to hear you are taking on a project like this, your work is always so admirable. Thanks for the work that you do :-)

This discussion has been closed.