Touched Fantasy Eyes for Genesis

MadRayMadRay Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have question about Touched Fantasy Eyes for Genesis. I am wanting to load "Cat Touch", thinking that I will get a cat eye shaped iris. However, I can load the eye color maps, but, not change the iris. Using DAZ Studio 4 Pro, genesis, and the V5 supermodel shape.

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

The slited eye is probably done with a morph....Select Genesis, and go to your Shaping Tab, then look under Actor/Eyes/Pupil Slit

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I don't have that, but the description says
    Morph Options:

Cat Touch INJ/REM
    Wolf Touch INJ/REM
    Refl OFF
    Should be there - either Parameters or shaping tab.
    Maybe under regions something ...
    What does the Readme say?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

When you have the iris loaded in the Shaping Tab Pupil Slit in the Eyes section will change from 0 to 1.0 Make sure you have the genesis figure selected in the Scene Tab when you go to load it..

• MadRayMadRay Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's the thing. When I go to the shaping tab, the only thing there seems to be the standard morphs. The icon for the item says "dbl click to load", which I have done, naturally. Icons for the morphs show if I go to Shaping, have clicked on Genesis in the drop down tab, and under morphs, apply, head, Touched Fantasy, there is an icon. A right click on the icon says "load it", but, nowhere do I see siders to make changes to eye shape. If I click on the "Editor" tab, I get what I assume to be standard, proportion changes, which, for the Eyes are Eyes Height and Eyes Width. And those are changes to the eye shape in the face.

From the read me:

Creator Notes

You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
    "People:Genesis:Characters:Danmoria:Touched-FantasyEyes "
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
    "Smart Content:Presets:Morphs:Apply:Head:Touched Fantasy Eyes for Genesis "
    "Smart Content:Presets:Morphs:Removal:Head:Touched Fantasy Eyes for Genesis"
    Smart Content:Presets:Materials:Touched Fantasy Eyes for Genesis"

A list of files is included, also a description. Standard.

I am not finding a shaping tab for eyes. And I would expect to see that. I will keep exploring, of course. Thank you for the help so far. I am a bit removed from my DAZ Studio experience, and much has changed.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Are you using a newly loaded genesis or one previously saved.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA, under the eye Tab I see Universal/Proportions then Eyes Hieght and Eyes Width for sliders.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited July 2012

does this help?

geneyeslit.jpg
    1280 x 774 - 247K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited July 2012

I loaded it up so you can have another image to help you in addition to the one RawArt provided.

The only other thing I can think of is that the product may not have installed correctly for some reason or something got messed up after the install. that is causing it not to show.

Pupil_Slit.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 340K
    Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking the product may not have installed correctly. I just got back home, so, haven't followed up. However, based on the excellent images posted, things ain't working right. I don't see those sliders, at all. I am going to re download and re-install first. Thanks for the help so far.

edited December 1969

As an aside, oddly enough, after buying V5 and DL'ing, I did notice one of the files did not DL completely. Since thing I think it has. I do wish DAZ posted the file size in the store, for a little on the spot realtime human error correction.

edited December 1969

Ok, here are the only morphs I get. Is there a problem with my installation, I wonder? Or, conversely, maybe I'm an idiot.

screen.jpg
    1368 x 768 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Do you have to have the genesis evolution head morphs? It doesn't say this, but there is a pupil slit morph in there.

edited December 1969

Just bought them, much to my wifes chagrin. :)

edited December 1969

OK, the genesis evolution head morphs did in fact allow me to achieve the effect I wanted. I do wish that had been clearer in the product listing, but, ce la vie.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

FYI, Genesis Evolution bundles (creature bodies and heads, body morphs, head morphs) are worth every pretty penny. Seriously. They have been the best investment I've ever made in DAZ.